Attacks

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Qippler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Attacks

Post by Qippler »

HI
Are there any way to make the attacks not to spawn in a special area like in you exspansions?
whid radars or somting??

Linosaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Attacks

Post by Linosaurus »

If the expansion is outside your pollution cloud and doesn't make any pollution itself, then there will be almost no attacks unless some biter nests are very near. For a mining expansion you cannot avoid having some pollution, but if you put 3x efficiency I module in each electric miner, the pollution (and power use) goes down by 80% which will definitely mean less attacks. You could also use efficiency II or III of course, but they are *way* more expensive and there's really no need in miners.

Radars will not stop attacks. Well - if biters come running for your miners and see a radar station they will attack the radar first, which I guess will let your miners life a second longer? Biters love attacking radars if they get near them, maybe they are tasty.

Edit: Ooops, I was talking about vanilla but this is in a mod forum. So I'm probably all wrong.
Last edited by Linosaurus on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qippler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qippler »

I cant se any polotion lv

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Qippler wrote:I cant se any polotion lv
If you press ALT you will enable the overlay in the minimap and the large map. The red area shows how much pollution is in a certain area.

Qippler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qippler »

ThaPear wrote:
If you press ALT you will enable the overlay in the minimap and the large map. The red area shows how much pollution is in a certain area.
yes i know but it still dont shows and forgot to say thz for the miner tips

maroder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maroder »

This mod do not have pollution. It is off. Enemy will attack your buildings if they want do it. Without pollution, without activity, or anything else.

Qippler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qippler »

So do you have any tip on how to make the attacks from spawning the attacks from spawning inside my expansions wall????

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

Hardcorio full remake enemy AI and mechanics enemy attack, spawn, building new base, etc
In hardcorio pollution turn off and you cant see pollution on the map
Enemy agression and enemy base build time = DIFFICULT and max players on the map
Now enemy dont attack in one place, enemy attack random weak points on you base
Enemy can place eggs on you base, zerling can uburrow in you base
Flying unit (OVERLORD) = enemy eggs transport, but i turn off this entity animation
If you want to def. your want to turn ON you brain and make strategy
HARDCORIO change game type from SAND BOX to strategy hard survivor
P.s. sorry for my bad english :mrgreen:

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

Qippler wrote:So do you have any tip on how to make the attacks from spawning the attacks from spawning inside my expansions wall????
use rocket turret defence of plasma turret defence to kill enemy eggs
enemy wave = eggs -> group -> create units from eggs -> if eggs = 0 then group attack you weak point in the base
if you defend base only with 1 or 2 turrets type you die ;)
i make 8 turrets type and many ammo types for turrets :!:
use brain and retry the game, this is realy hard, if you dont want hard mod -> DELETE HARDCORIO

i dont have good english skill to make a wiki for this mod, and i cant write russian tutorial for this mod on this english forum, this if factorio forum rules, sorry

Qippler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qippler »

I don't think you did understand me it don't relly mater how many turrets/ammo types I have a when the attacks spawn in side my base

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Qippler wrote:I don't think you did understand me it don't relly mater how many turrets/ammo types I have a when the attacks spawn in side my base
You probably have a small hole somewhere in your walls. Happened to me too when I started playing Factorio.

maroder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maroder »

Qippler wrote:I don't think you did understand me it don't relly mater how many turrets/ammo types I have a when the attacks spawn in side my base
Build a few sniper-turrets in side. It's so simple :)

Return to “Mods”