Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Galactic Trade

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote: :D question who is maximal money in balance?
I think you mean what is the maximum money? If so I don't really know... I'll have to test that out, but I would guess it is about 2,147,483,647 or more? I can't really seem to find the maximum number for lua so its probably that, if you are worried about reaching the max you can buy coins.
what is coins??

yes max money in balance
You should be able to search for 'coin' in the buying trading chest, it doesn't take any value away from coins when selling them unlike normal items. It is a good way to store any extra credits if your value gets too high, just store a bunch of them in a couple of chest (or a lot of chests).
;) good update coins in 2.000.000 items

I did not understand that .. commodity prices do not change. 33000 credits model was permissible and necessary.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

So, in this mod:
Barrel value = 1345 (if you sell it)
Iron ore = 55 (if you buy it)

What you can do:
1. buy 5 iron ore for $275
2. smelt the ore
3. craft a barrel
4. Sell the barrel for $1345

Profit = $1070 or 389% per operation.
Alternatively
Blue Science Pack = $1219.

That's practically close enough to 1:1 ratio. You sell 6 barrels and buy yourself 5 blue science packs. Who says you need to process oil and actually bother with assemblers?..
Another example: when a new game is just started, it takes 1-2 hours tops to sell 250 barrels and buy yourself a power armor mk3 because it's only worth 250k.

nice balance......

Hey, everyone! Are you still trying to mine resources, make modules, have interesting factories and craft your equipment? Are you actually trying to play the interesting game of factorio? Come here then, there's a mod for you to eliminate all that nonsense.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

XyLe wrote:So, in this mod:
Barrel value = 1345 (if you sell it)
Iron ore = 55 (if you buy it)

What you can do:
1. buy 5 iron ore for $275
2. smelt the ore
3. craft a barrel
4. Sell the barrel for $1345

Profit = $1070 or 389% per operation.
Alternatively
Blue Science Pack = $1219.

That's practically close enough to 1:1 ratio. You sell 6 barrels and buy yourself 5 blue science packs. Who says you need to process oil and actually bother with assemblers?..
Another example: when a new game is just started, it takes 1-2 hours tops to sell 250 barrels and buy yourself a power armor mk3 because it's only worth 250k.

nice balance......

Hey, everyone! Are you still trying to mine resources, make modules, have interesting factories and craft your equipment? Are you actually trying to play the interesting game of factorio? Come here then, there's a mod for you to eliminate all that nonsense.
Thanks for bringing this balance issue to my attention. I haven't gotten much time to play factorio lately and the time that I do play it I try to add features to this mod so I thought a balance issue like this would turn up. In the future though, try not to be sarcastic when giving feedback. It doesn't exactly make me excited to work on a project that people are just going to give me feedback where they are sarcastic and rude.
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

I'm not being rude. Being sarcastic is not only justified in my opinion but also doesn't matter at all. You can say all you want but the 1st post has "Version: 0.6.5" mark, so this mod is in development for months, i can see how much attention it's getting, 17 pages of discussion i couldn't be bothered to check, and NOBODY noticed THIS??? good job! as a guy who makes mods too i can easily relate to balance issues and other stuff, i can tell the difference between generally good modding ideas and un-good.

I never even payed attention to this mod before because it was always clear to me how useless the whole idea is in my expectations from factorio gameplay. But i couldn't imagine something as bad as making 3 steel bars and selling the barrels for the best offensive "distractor capsule" in the early game when there's only small biters, LOL...

I understand there's always a bunch of fans for any project, i just can't be one of them. Complexity in production is exactly why i like factorio. Selling cheap stuff so easily and buy the other stuff instead of actually playing, expanding, building a better and more complex factory in fact means destroying the gameplay for me. Don't know anybody who'd feel different.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

XyLe wrote:I'm not being rude. Being sarcastic is not only justified in my opinion but also doesn't matter at all. You can say all you want but the 1st post has "Version: 0.6.5" mark, so this mod is in development for months, i can see how much attention it's getting, 17 pages of discussion i couldn't be bothered to check, and NOBODY noticed THIS??? good job! as a guy who makes mods too i can easily relate to balance issues and other stuff, i can tell the difference between generally good modding ideas and un-good.

I never even payed attention to this mod before because it was always clear to me how useless the whole idea is in my expectations from factorio gameplay. But i couldn't imagine something as bad as making 3 steel bars and selling the barrels for the best offensive "distractor capsule" in the early game when there's only small biters, LOL...

I understand there's always a bunch of fans for any project, i just can't be one of them. Complexity in production is exactly why i like factorio. Selling cheap stuff so easily and buy the other stuff instead of actually playing, expanding, building a better and more complex factory in fact means destroying the gameplay for me. Don't know anybody who'd feel different.
I honestly agree with you on the whole mod idea not fitting what factorio is about. I think that there are multiple problems with my mod including the fact that I haven't put enough time in to develop it. The idea that you can basically skip the mid-game with this mod isn't what I was looking to do. I was trying to provide a different player experience where you were running a factory trying to make money instead of having no real goal to get to other than an end screen. Another problem is with mod support, there isn't really a good way to have other mods compatible with my mod in terms of being able to buy and sell items. I have to depend on either me trying out all the mods and adding in values for them or the player doing it for me. Then there is the dynamic economy that I was trying to figure out, it isn't going to come because it wont ever work the way I want it to. I would have to simulate hundreds of ai factories to be able to accurately make the economy what it should be. What I am going to do is fix bugs, fix the balance, and clean up the ui, then be done. I honestly just want to be able to play factorio without worrying about this stupid mod anymore.
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

coopmaster wrote:I honestly agree with you on the whole mod idea not fitting what factorio is about. I think that there are multiple problems with my mod including the fact that I haven't put enough time in to develop it. The idea that you can basically skip the mid-game with this mod isn't what I was looking to do. I was trying to provide a different player experience where you were running a factory trying to make money instead of having no real goal to get to other than an end screen. Another problem is with mod support, there isn't really a good way to have other mods compatible with my mod in terms of being able to buy and sell items. I have to depend on either me trying out all the mods and adding in values for them or the player doing it for me. Then there is the dynamic economy that I was trying to figure out, it isn't going to come because it wont ever work the way I want it to. I would have to simulate hundreds of ai factories to be able to accurately make the economy what it should be. What I am going to do is fix bugs, fix the balance, and clean up the ui, then be done. I honestly just want to be able to play factorio without worrying about this stupid mod anymore.
In many games there's such system that if you sell something over and over again it becomes cheaper over time. That would eliminate the possibility of abusing barrels. Make people sell different things.

The other approach at this situation is possible to figure out, now as you've explained to me what you actually wanted to do:

How about sending requests to the player? Disable the possibility of selling anything you like and buying anything you want. Instead the "galaxy" wants certain things from the player and ready to pay a certain amount of money for the stuff. For instance: "step 1: we want 10 electric furnaces and 20 efficiency modules, we pay you X coins"

And then you figure out a few deals that a player can get over time. He sells requested items and gets coins, not credits. Use real coins you can put in your inventory, it just feels better, more real. there's a coin item in the game, it's available in the supply mission if you have an expansion pack for factorio.

For these coins a player could buy, for example, only raw resources. Never high tier items.

Then your mod could actually change the gameplay and add another perspective to factorio. So instead of expanding to get new ores and more oil you could work with requests to sell the stuff you produce and then simply buy more ore. On hardcore mass biters or island maps that could be a thing. I dunno, that's just the first thing that came to my mind. If you put more thinking and more time you could have a worthy mod out of it. probably..

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

P.S. one more thing, don't worry about the other mods and support and stuff. Most of them are not better than your mod :D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Thread moved by Koub upon mod's author request]
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug in 0.12.15-16
Attachments
2015-11-03_1-44-07.jpg
2015-11-03_1-44-07.jpg (44.6 KiB) Viewed 9178 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

с разрешения автора поправил мод.

with the approval of the founder, I corrected modes.
Attachments
GalacticTrade_0.6.5.rar
(151.44 KiB) Downloaded 1306 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

новая исправленная версия, минимальная версия игры 0.12.15
исправил более 70 строк кода под новую версию
с разрешения автора, обновил до 0.6.9

Спасибо за помощь еще 2 людям

ENG
new coorect version min version game

fixed more than 70 lines of code to the new version
with permission, I updated to 0.6.9

Thank you for helping another 2 people
prg (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/mem ... ile&u=5691)
daniel34 (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/mem ... ile&u=5208)
Attachments
GalacticTrade_0.6.9.rar
(151.43 KiB) Downloaded 2116 times

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

Thank you for the update but it don´t work in 0.12.19 for me.
It don´t appear in the mod list.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

ps666 wrote:Thank you for the update but it don´t work in 0.12.19 for me.
It don´t appear in the mod list.
what is problem please screen

Zerias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerias »

Had same problem, but then realized you uploaded a .rar file. Factorio mods must be folder or .zip form. Simply download, extract rar->folder, then either re-zip or just move the folder into \mods.

Currently: \mods\[Galtrade.rar]\[galtrade folder]\[graphics+locale+prototype folders]
Needs to be
\mods\[Galtrade.ZIP]\[galtrade folder]\[graphics+locale+prototype folders]
OR
\mods\[galtrade folder]\[graphics+locale+prototype folders]
That said, although it does load properly the automatically generated values are very messed up for mods like Bob's. All Modules only cost ~5k, higher assemblers end up cheaper than weaker ones, gemstones cost 1k for highest, less than 100 for the lesser grades.

Overall I'm a fan of the mod, and I'm glad you're keeping it updated, I just wish the ability to buy items was limited by research to prevent it being overpowered.

alvin992
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by alvin992 »

hi i new starter to this mod, i download this mod and got this error. those red circle make me error when i clicked them .
i attached the control.lua which i download from https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 60#p116736. i tried to use the main page version. if i download from main page, it give me plenty error, like bootstrap couln't contain makefile and some 'game' error.

any idea about this?
Attachments
control.lua
here is control lua if need
(59.7 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
ees.png
ees.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 13029 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

alvin992 wrote:hi i new starter to this mod, i download this mod and got this error. those red circle make me error when i clicked them .
i attached the control.lua which i download from https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 60#p116736. i tried to use the main page version. if i download from main page, it give me plenty error, like bootstrap couln't contain makefile and some 'game' error.

any idea about this?
yes i know
We are looking for a solution to this problem. 0.6.9 also the same bug.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 25&t=17695

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Would anyone happen to be able to update this for 0.12.20? Or happen to have a working version already made that works in a 0.12 version of Factorio that I can download? I'd really like to use this mod, but I don't quite want to downgrade to 0.11.x if I don't have to.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Ninjadude501 wrote:Would anyone happen to be able to update this for 0.12.20? Or happen to have a working version already made that works in a 0.12 version of Factorio that I can download? I'd really like to use this mod, but I don't quite want to downgrade to 0.11.x if I don't have to.

We are looking for a solution to this problem. 0.6.9 also the same bug.
please post and help all
0.6/9 work in 0.12/x to 0.12.12 version

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 25&t=17695

clarkie912
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by clarkie912 »

I downloaded GalacticCraft for factorio 0.12.22 and when I tried to load my world it had an error : __GalacticTrade__/control.lua:2: __GalacticTrade__/prototypes/scripts/trading-chest.lua:29: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
Please help it looks like a fun mod but i cant play it
(I have multiple Mods installed as well)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

clarkie912 wrote:I downloaded GalacticCraft for factorio 0.12.22 and when I tried to load my world it had an error : __GalacticTrade__/control.lua:2: __GalacticTrade__/prototypes/scripts/trading-chest.lua:29: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
Please help it looks like a fun mod but i cant play it
(I have multiple Mods installed as well)
There is an unofficial update for 0.12.20+, try that one: [MOD 0.12.20] GalacticTrade [Unofficial Updated Mods / Unofficial Patches]
Also, please don't make the same post in more than one thread/forum.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Mods”