[MOD 0.15|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 2.0.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.1+] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.6

Post by waduk »

That would be great actually, i also didn't like it comes as free blue print whenever i use them.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.1+] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.6

Post by Choumiko »

Foreman 0.0.7
  • prefer loading into empty blueprints (only searches toolbar)
  • config to change whether blueprints are overwritten when no empty bp is found (true by default)
  • config to change whether a circuit is needed to overwrite (true by default)
Configuration is done in config.lua
waduk wrote:Oh yes, that would be lovely, prioritize load from blank, then if none were found, it changes the first one in hotbar.
Done. It's now behaving like vanilla per default, only more convenient :D

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.1+] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.7

Post by waduk »

This is wonderful, thank you for your time updating this mod.
I guess it's official then, this is your mod now. :)

Btw, given how much helpful your mod are (especially FARL), you should also gives an optional ad download link, that way me or the others can support you.
I know for a fact, i don't mind ad supported link at all.
I don't have credit card at all/any kind of online payment account, i wish i can donate. Let's hope so i can do that in the future.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.1+] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.7

Post by Choumiko »

waduk wrote:This is wonderful, thank you for your time updating this mod.
I guess it's official then, this is your mod now. :)
You're welcome, was only a minor change. Yeah, i'm afraid it's mine now :D
waduk wrote:
Btw, given how much helpful your mod are (especially FARL), you should also gives an optional ad download link, that way me or the others can support you.
I know for a fact, i don't mind ad supported link at all.
I don't have credit card at all/any kind of online payment account, i wish i can donate. Let's hope so i can do that in the future.
If you ever ever find one of my mods behind an add supported link: It wasn't me. I find them annoying as *$!*, to a point where i won't even bother downloading what's behind that link.
I don't need support, better give it to charity. If i weren't using the mods i make (and wouldn't enjoy making them) they wouldn't exist, so it's mostly egoism from my side ;)
If anything, i need support to stop modding and actually playing Factorio, so no more feature requests i would need to have if my save would be advanced enough. Please! :mrgreen:

If above seems like a rant/ramble whatever: I really appreciate the offer, thanks

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.7

Post by Alexs »

Hi Coumiko, how can I load this blueprints into play again?
Or are they "lost" when they not are in a **book.lua *?
blueprints.JPG
blueprints.JPG (153.46 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
thx for your help. :D

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

@Alexs:
There are two kind, individual import/export or mass import export.

The mass export were saved in file called "defaultBook.lua"
While the individual export is what you have in your screencaps.

The individual export were not lost if you use new version, but you have to import them one by one in new game.
The mass import can only be done after you put the "defaultBook.lua" file (the one that you make/export, located in %appdata%/factorio/scripts-output) to foreman zip files.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

@ waduk..

thx, I'll try it so :)

DoctorWho?
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DoctorWho? »

Found a wierd bug:

__Foreman__/control.lua:697: Expected field entity_number in entity set item.

Looking at the code, this doesn't seem like it should be here, as there is only define blueprint stuffs at 697, but I'm just going off of guesswork, so... yeah ;)

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Hi there Choumiko.
I'm not sure whether this is a bug from Foreman, The Blueprint itself, or the vanilla bug.
(Some ?) Modded entity is losing their wire configuration (disconnected).
I only notice this using Smarter Circuitry Mod, not sure if it happen to other mod.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

DoctorWho? wrote:Found a wierd bug:

__Foreman__/control.lua:697: Expected field entity_number in entity set item.

Looking at the code, this doesn't seem like it should be here, as there is only define blueprint stuffs at 697, but I'm just going off of guesswork, so... yeah ;)
Can you post a screenshot and the string of your blueprint?
waduk wrote:Hi there Choumiko.
I'm not sure whether this is a bug from Foreman, The Blueprint itself, or the vanilla bug.
(Some ?) Modded entity is losing their wire configuration (disconnected).
I only notice this using Smarter Circuitry Mod, not sure if it happen to other mod.
It's most likely because SmarterCircuitry creates proxy items to work, which may mess up either Foreman and/or vanilla. Screenshot and string of the blueprint please.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

(Mod) Smarter Circuitry :
An item (directional sensor) lose the wire configuration, also the combinator lose the parameter.
Pic
String
(Vanilla) inserter :
They lose their logistic network conditions.
If we create / place the blueprint on-game, it didn't happened. The problem only arose if we build them from imported blueprint (mass / individual import).
Pic
String

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.1+] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.8

Post by Choumiko »

Foreman 0.0.8
  • remove converting pre 0.12 blueprints
  • only remove invalid/unresearched recipes from assemblers
  • fixes conditions/combinator settings being lost
Reloading the blueprints from Foreman into an actual blueprint should be enough to get the conditions back, if not you'll have to rebuild by hand and then export again.

@waduk:
The bug with the lost connection on the directional sensor is due to the proxy entity (the one where you connect the wire). Same happens when you don't use Foreman to load the blueprint.
I guess that's an issue for all modded entities that use a proxy.
Last edited by Choumiko on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Thanks for the update, that was quick ! :shock:

Oh sorry about the proxy problem, i can live with it.
I also just found out right now, using many of those is giving me significant fps drop.
So placing blueprint with sensor would be a rare thing i do. Besides, they only output, just have to do a simple manual rewiring.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated the link/version history in the first post
waduk wrote:Thanks for the update, that was quick ! :shock:

Oh sorry about the proxy problem, i can live with it.
I also just found out right now, using many of those is giving me significant fps drop.
So placing blueprint with sensor would be a rare thing i do. Besides, they only output, just have to do a simple manual rewiring.
Well, the fix for the bugs you reported was simply removing the conversion of 0.11 blueprints :D And while i was at it i finally fixed that Foreman removed the recipes.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.8

Post by waduk »

HAhaha,..i'm starting modding myself (with the help of Damrus), just adding two chest. It took me 3 hours to get that working !
So i'm still in awe whenever someone can fix / update soo fast. :lol:

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Can anyone explain how to actually use this? How can i get blueprints stored in foreman into the actuall ingame blueprint? I can add blueprints to foreman, export them to output folder etc but I have no idea how to actually use the stored blueprints.

When i press "l" i get error:
http://i.imgur.com/FD7CklL.png

I am using Blueprint String mod to turn blueprints into strings i use to add them to Foreman. Can this cause the issue?

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/51X7WqDMBR9ldLfWozRZVLyJGMU0dAJXRxqR4f47jNJ2ayt9dz8Kthzkntv7rkfZb051UV+2hxkr3RXdZVqZd/r/FPJbds1eXX86MLx57QN
vup2/L/Wsr/INPiRIRPDEKxjGZuDi3PzrcoH0MQi4yEoq0YV9mv6xzLwsK2OOp+x+M6Zk+5SyKArmmI85WBOORgDu4MZ5WAQbLBiGm+xHu/IxTsbwz0hMvi+
bErjsP8Zwf0MSLbQZlsyNSZGbgjvg8bhJBWUHEUkw6I7L1I8TpMbFi1n8b/pk1uSdaahWOtumTGcYovEtchRxI1hw8xgOT1bhCcv9eRxTx57wntesGM/PVPq
JAebR+yXLlixFA5KddbQ2ONKuZj/mcv/6Db/CcJmBGFHS8JeCRtDy1MCGOM8npkCxdc6jL2gFTE1x22fSMhmWeF76t5T9p6qp9OcjfDjcOD9r71iVvFfYCcE
UWGR93WGR+gvIHTuAqb1kZURHXeDCGUOIYz5hHnCY5xwb/Z6SxRYZxi3CtRfwqCJQW2xJEzvINYeS5AhQ3To0oO0S1FWKcImRVkvDXYIqqLW4/r6Fr3Lx7xK
l+piesWwb1R3bvTmsFe6/AX9sDqfBg8AAA==
This is T-junction i use with Blueprint String. Adding it the foreman and trying to turn it into blueprint results in the error.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Yes, different format.
Foreman can generate it's own blueprint string, no need to use blueprint string mod.
Your blueprint in foreman format will look like this

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Blueprints in defaultBook.lua file look like that. I just use Bluepint String to add it to the foreman which works fine. I just can't put it into actuall ingame blueprint.

Is there a way to turn blueprints from toolbar into foreman blueprints?

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

oLaudix wrote:......
Is there a way to turn blueprints from toolbar into foreman blueprints?
Click "+"

Edit :
Ok, i just see your screenshot (missed that), you can't directly import from the string generated by Blueprint Mod to Foreman.
While Foreman reporting the import was done succesfully, in reality they use different format (like i posted earlier).
That's why Foreman give you error message.
If you save the string using Blueprint String Mod, you have to load them using that, then import using Foreman (+) button.

To import blueprint in toolbar, just press the (+). You may want to fill the "Name" field. But leaves the "Text" field empty.

TLDR: Text field was used only to load Foreman individual export string, you can't use "text" field to load blueprint from Blueprint String Mod.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Oooooh. So its automaticly takes the first blueprint from the toolbar if i leave the text empty ... I thought there is some button i miss that turns blueprints into strings somewhere. Now it works as intended, thank you very much. I am massive blueprint guy. I blueprint stuff like requester chest + smart inserter for every single stuff like iron or copper so i don't have to set conditions every time i build smth. 47 blueprints and counting :D Since I am moving to new world with maxed out biters and stuff this will help a lot. Thanks once again.

Return to “Mods”