[MOD 0.12.x] Resource Piles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.X] Resource Piles

Post by Peter34 »

Kajanor wrote:
Peter34 wrote:You can directly see what's inside. Cool. But can you also see directly how much is inside? Roughly? You weren't clear on that, when I asked, earlier.
If you ever played Factorio before you should have noticed the GUI on the right expands when you move your mouse pointer over a chest.
Or do you want me to add a replace-the-entity-with-another-entity-just-to-change-the-shown-image-script?
I have played Factorio before. But the idea is to be able to get a rough impression of how full the Pile is without having to mouse over it.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.X] Resource Piles

Post by Kayanor »

Peter34 wrote:
Kajanor wrote:
Peter34 wrote:You can directly see what's inside. Cool. But can you also see directly how much is inside? Roughly? You weren't clear on that, when I asked, earlier.
If you ever played Factorio before you should have noticed the GUI on the right expands when you move your mouse pointer over a chest.
Or do you want me to add a replace-the-entity-with-another-entity-just-to-change-the-shown-image-script?
I have played Factorio before. But the idea is to be able to get a rough impression of how full the Pile is without having to mouse over it.
Will cost more time but okay.
Former moderator.

sgt_cookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Resource Piles

Post by sgt_cookie »

Would it be possible to do one of these for Raw Wood? I do Treefarming in my games and I like the form factor of these things.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

sgt_cookie wrote:Would it be possible to do one of these for Raw Wood? I do Treefarming in my games and I like the form factor of these things.
Already planned for v1.1.0. I really need to finish the 3d model for that.
Former moderator.

sgt_cookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sgt_cookie »

Sweet. Thanks, man.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Mod is obsolete now, there are better implementations of high-capacity storages for example in Yuoki Industries and DyTech. There is also a standalone version of DyTechs large chests. Please use the advanced search.
Former moderator.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

I like to use the warehouse mod. While it doesn't show the contents it offers more functionality.
On another note: This one is broken, you can't limit the inventory of those piles. If you do, it registers the blocked parts as something that doesn't belong there. And then it fills up every single empty space that's not blocked with waste, which then contaminates all your belts with single item stack sized entities that require an hour of cleaning... It also deletes whatever is in those slots that you block.
Aside from being very annoying, this can be abused by just setting a limit on one of those, let it autogenerate the waste and stuff it into burners. for free electricity. A much better way to handling this is to set a forced filter into those chests so they only accept whatever resource it is they carry in the first place.

Return to “Mods”