[MOD 0.12.x] Smarter Circuitry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Smarter Circuitry

Post by Peter34 »

I've only used the Sensor so far, from this mod, but I like it a lot. It's nice to be able to get a readout of my Accu storage (measuring on 1 normal Accu, then using an Arithmetic Combinator to divide by 50 to get a 0-100 value, then outputting to a 3-digit Nixie Tube row - that's another good mod, by the way), and I've been looking forward to using it more, e.g. to control Boiler activity.

So I hope the update to make this mod 12.5-compatible comes out very soon.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

There, new version for the sensor. Might be buggy (as always), but I've added some new features. Also, using constant combinators now which helps clean up some of the mess.

This patch will have some minor migration issues, resulting in broken red/green wires and invalidated conditions where the old types of signals were used. The new roboport features make it worth it though.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Kikkers wrote:There, new version for the sensor. Might be buggy (as always), but I've added some new features. Also, using constant combinators now which helps clean up some of the mess.

This patch will have some minor migration issues, resulting in broken red/green wires and invalidated conditions where the old types of signals were used. The new roboport features make it worth it though.
Will all red/green wires break, or only those that involve objects from your mod?

It's no big deal either way, since I didn't place a lot of them, but would be nice to know. And thanks for updating your mod so quickly!

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Peter34 wrote:
Kikkers wrote:There, new version for the sensor. Might be buggy (as always), but I've added some new features. Also, using constant combinators now which helps clean up some of the mess.

Will all red/green wires break, or only those that involve objects from your mod?

It's no big deal either way, since I didn't place a lot of them, but would be nice to know. And thanks for updating your mod so quickly!
Only wires connected to a sensor's terminal, because I replaced the entity type of the terminal. Other than that, any circuit conditions that involved any of the 'virtual' items I used prior to 0.4.6 are cleared. They have been replaced by actual 'virtual-signal' type objects.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Kikkers wrote: Only wires connected to a sensor's terminal, because I replaced the entity type of the terminal. Other than that, any circuit conditions that involved any of the 'virtual' items I used prior to 0.4.6 are cleared. They have been replaced by actual 'virtual-signal' type objects.
Super nice! It took me only about a minute to restore functionality to my factory. Thanks!

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

hi do you still have a link for the one that will work on .12.4
i have a lot of mods that haven't got to .5 and only just found your mod and looks like it wont play nice with .12.4

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Just found about your mod for a day or two, and i can't get enough already. Completely restructured my base because of this mod.
I even use the feature to flip belt splitter !

Anyway, is it possible to add ability to flip curved rail ?
And flip the straight rail ? (Although i'm not using it, but some people might find that useful)

Other mod (Rail logic) do managing by removing the rail (i didn't actualy use it, only see the pic and description).
While it works, it's not visually very pleasing.
If you can flip instead, it's visually more resembling a train tracks switcher. :)
Because the way i see it, you use rotational function, while in tracks they didn't pivot on the same spot. And we can't rotate the track once it was placed down.
Maybe it's impossible to do this?

Also,..can you add support flipping underground belt ?

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

grifter1 wrote:hi do you still have a link for the one that will work on .12.4
i have a lot of mods that haven't got to .5 and only just found your mod and looks like it wont play nice with .12.4
You can do this using github, I've added short instructions in the first post. In your case, you'd have to download this: https://github.com/Kikkers/Factorio-Sma ... 95fb5a.zip

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

Kikkers wrote:
grifter1 wrote:hi do you still have a link for the one that will work on .12.4
You can do this using github, I've added short instructions in the first post. In your case, you'd have to download this: https://github.com/Kikkers/Factorio-Sma ... 95fb5a.zip
Thanks looking forward to having a go

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

im still getting the same error
---------------------------
Error
File C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/mods/Factorio-Smarter-Circuitry-f48dd44bf909ab8842e753886cdcd6e02295fb5a.zip/info.json not found
OK
im new to factorio so sorry if this is a rooky mistake

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

The fluid signal is removed in 0.4.6?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

waduk wrote:The fluid signal is removed in 0.4.6?
You can connect wire to tank in 0.12 to get fluid signal.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

I know that, but i want to read info from rail tank.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

waduk wrote:I know that, but i want to read info from rail tank.
It should be replaced with normal fluid signals, so you can detect the type of fluid. If this doesn't work, it's a bug.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Ah, sorry about that, false bug report then.
Yes it's properly show the type of liquid.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

waduk wrote:Just found about your mod for a day or two, and i can't get enough already. Completely restructured my base because of this mod.
I even use the feature to flip belt splitter !

Anyway, is it possible to add ability to flip curved rail ?
And flip the straight rail ? (Although i'm not using it, but some people might find that useful)

Other mod (Rail logic) do managing by removing the rail (i didn't actualy use it, only see the pic and description).
While it works, it's not visually very pleasing.
If you can flip instead, it's visually more resembling a train tracks switcher. :)
Because the way i see it, you use rotational function, while in tracks they didn't pivot on the same spot. And we can't rotate the track once it was placed down.
Maybe it's impossible to do this?

Also,..can you add support flipping underground belt ?
Thinking about this, I don't think I'll be doing these for this mod. The underground belt flipping would require removing and placing, as the input/output property is (AFAIK) read-only, and changing the direction doesn't do anything right now. Removing would also remove items on the belt, so it would require a big workaround that I'm just not up to. Maybe the logic belt guy wants to attempt it though.

As for rails, I'd like to not touch those as both the sensor and actuator rely on ignoring the rail itself because they are targeting trains instead. I don't think it would fit this mod if I tried to somehow integrate this, regardless of it's difficulty to code. However, if there were specific mods that switch rails (or other things) and they expose a toggle in their API, I could get the actuator to work on it.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

What i mean by flipping underground belt is changing the underground belt direction ((hotkey "R"), not changing the orientation North-South to East West.
That doesn't require us to remove and placing, like you currently do with activator on belt and splitter. Or is it a different case for underground belt ?

Yeah, my request for rail is way too difficult. Sorry.
Besides, it's mainly for aesthetic purpose :oops:
I love trains.. :)

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

waduk wrote:What i mean by flipping underground belt is changing the underground belt direction ((hotkey "R"), not changing the orientation North-South to East West.
That doesn't require us to remove and placing, like you currently do with activator on belt and splitter. Or is it a different case for underground belt ?
There simply doesn't seem to be a script function that does the same as pressing R on underground belts. Or there is and I just completely missed it.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

When you create an underground belt with create_entity you can set if the belt is input or output using the type parameter. So to reverse them you need to recreate them with the opposite value

Edit: I only read the last post, not the one above it, sorry. You obviously know this.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Oh, okay.
When i use your mod i thought you missed that feature, i never thought it was due script limitation. Sorry.

Return to “Mods”