[MOD 0.12.11+] Robotic Combinators

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.5+] Robotic Combinators

Post by waduk »

I just realized this.
Due changes the entity names from "Robotic Combinator" in 0.2.1 to "Robotic Network Combinator" in 0.3.x. If you save a blueprint in old version with 0.2.1 robotic combinators in , it will failed to load if you update to 0.3.X
Thankfully, on Foreman (blueprint Manager), it stores them as easy readable text string, all i have to do is search and replace in text editor.
However, i'm thinking about user who use blueprint string mod, they stored format in unreadable string.

I think you should put a disclaimer on first post about this. So people (especially who use Blueprint String Mod) didn't get caught off guard.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

0.12.11 broke this mod.
Update ?

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

waduk wrote:0.12.11 broke this mod.
Update ?
just do a search and replace for "game.on" to "script.on" also comment out the on_save event call since its no longer a valid event.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

waduk wrote:0.12.11 broke this mod.
Update ?
Sorry about my lack of reply. Ive been a bit busy with work (holidays coming up, so naturally everything is getting busy).

I have got an initial version up on Github at the moment, but I havnt managed to test it (at all) so I dont exactly feel right fully releasing it.
Ive just packaged it for people to try. You can download the pre-release version from here. EDIT: The answer is "No, I screwed it up". Back to the editing board.... EDIT: Updated AND tested. Its a wonder what a little time does....
If you try this, could you get back to me on if it breaks something/everything?
Last edited by DaCyclops on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Using 0.3.4
Factorio 0.12.12

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

waduk wrote:Using 0.3.4
Factorio 0.12.12
Thank you so much for your testing feedback on that. Lets see...

Whoops, forgot to test something before assuming it existed. Also, my way of doing the on_config_change attempt was totally flawed. But its all updated now. And I was able to test it!!

Head on over to Github to grab the latest release version (yes, its still version 0.3.4, I dont want to increment version for this)

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

OK Will get back to you when i finished figuring out which mod causing crash on newly saved game.

Edit :
Finish initial test, well it wasn't your mod. So that's a good thing :D
So yeah the "new" v 0.3.4 is working in 0.12.12.

Thanks a ton ! I really can't play Factorio without you, Choumiko, and James's O Farrell Mod. :D

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Found a bug (maybe).
If the network that the robotic combinator is assigned to monitor is being cut away from electricity, as expected they lost their info (obviously, as expected behaviour).
The problem rise if the said network gain electric again, the robotic combinator is staying idle, didn't show signal at all, thus leading to mass loading robot into network.

I said a "maybe" bug, because i can't reproduce it.
But it's happening on one of my save file
The outpost is cut off from electricity because biter destroy electric pole.

I can send you the save file if you want to take a look at it, see if this a robotic combinator bug or something else.

Edit : A bit info
Is it related because i set a very low value in config.lua ?
This is the value i set :

Code: Select all

rc_polling_rate_network = 1
rc_polling_rate_network_slow = 1
rc_network_calc_storage_stacks = false
rc_polling_rate_personal = 1
rc_polling_rate_personal_slow = 1
rc_polling_rate_local = 1
rc_polling_rate_local_slow = 1
I plan to add even more outpost (about 40 more outpost), so i set that low to reduce script update as much as possible.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

waduk wrote:Found a bug (maybe).
If the network that the robotic combinator is assigned to monitor is being cut away from electricity, as expected they lost their info (obviously, as expected behaviour).
The problem rise if the said network gain electric again, the robotic combinator is staying idle, didn't show signal at all, thus leading to mass loading robot into network.

I said a "maybe" bug, because i can't reproduce it.
But it's happening on one of my save file
The outpost is cut off from electricity because biter destroy electric pole.
ive done a couple of quick tests. i was able to starve power from all roboports covering the combinator (took a while, their battery is HUGE!) and it would act like you stated. However, once they recharged and reconnected, they appeared to reconnect to the networks covering them, but only once the "Red battery" stopped flashing. Which if your entire everthing shut down, might mean a LOT of batteries needing charging, so it might have stretched the supply a bit. Did you try rechecking that base after a bit when everything had had a chance to fully charge?

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Sorry, i can't confirm it. My graphic card died last night. Replying from my mobile.
This maybe a rare case, because that save file is coming before the 0.12.11+ changes, iirc it still didn't update even after the roboport internal battery is full, that's why i said i can't reproduce it. All reproducing attempt end up like the test you've done.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Does the 3.4 version work with alpha 12.10, which I'm still playing? I tried to look for 3.3 on the GitHub website, but I was unable to find it, although that might be because I've never really navigated GitHub before...

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

If you click on Releases you can actually find all previous versions. That being said, here ya go... https://github.com/DaCyclops/robotic-co ... tag/v0.3.3

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Thanks! I look forward to using your mod.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

I have an issue where the robotic combinators seem to be reporting static (and wildly incorrect) values for the number of total robots in a network. I have a setup with requester chests and smart inserters feeding a roboport to keep the robot count >= 400 (so the inserter's conditions are "Total Bot count < 400"). However, the inserters fail to operate, and some checking indicates (based on the combinator's tooltip, indicating its counts) that the count of robots it has is...wrong, directly in contradiction with what the roboport states.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

Reika wrote:I have an issue where the robotic combinators seem to be reporting static (and wildly incorrect) values for the number of total robots in a network. I have a setup with requester chests and smart inserters feeding a roboport to keep the robot count >= 400 (so the inserter's conditions are "Total Bot count < 400"). However, the inserters fail to operate, and some checking indicates (based on the combinator's tooltip, indicating its counts) that the count of robots it has is...wrong, directly in contradiction with what the roboport states.
First note, your screenshots dont actually show anything.

The first thing that comes to mind is maybe they didnt reattach correctly after loading. Do the figures appear to be changing at all?
If not, try placing down another combinator, and seeing if that one updates.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

DaCyclops wrote: First note, your screenshots dont actually show anything.
Because there appears to be literally no way to take a proper WYSIWYG screenshot with Factorio; as it is it took a mod to get what I posted, and the very design of that mod prevents me from showing the tooltips in the screenshot.
DaCyclops wrote: The first thing that comes to mind is maybe they didnt reattach correctly after loading. Do the figures appear to be changing at all?
If not, try placing down another combinator, and seeing if that one updates.
That was the first thing I tried. No change, meaning that it is less an "update" issue and a "where the hell is it getting this number" issue.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

Reika wrote:
DaCyclops wrote: First note, your screenshots dont actually show anything.
Because there appears to be literally no way to take a proper WYSIWYG screenshot with Factorio; as it is it took a mod to get what I posted, and the very design of that mod prevents me from showing the tooltips in the screenshot.
You could just use the PRINTSCREEN key and paste it into Paint...
Reika wrote: That was the first thing I tried. No change, meaning that it is less an "update" issue and a "where the hell is it getting this number" issue.
normally it would get its figures from the Robotics Network it is currently within, same as if you placed a LogiChest in that position. Considering that it pushes all the work onto the LUA interface, it really should not care about modded anything, as long as it is within the range. Which it easily is, because its right next to it...
The only similar behavior I have ever seen is it locking up if it is not found in the internal list of combinators, and that was only when I was doing testing, and only after loading a new game.
Might need to grab a modlist and save so I can investigate.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

DaCyclops wrote: You could just use the PRINTSCREEN key and paste it into Paint...
No, that gets me a big black rectangle.
DaCyclops wrote: normally it would get its figures from the Robotics Network it is currently within, same as if you placed a LogiChest in that position. Considering that it pushes all the work onto the LUA interface, it really should not care about modded anything, as long as it is within the range. Which it easily is, because its right next to it...
The only similar behavior I have ever seen is it locking up if it is not found in the internal list of combinators, and that was only when I was doing testing, and only after loading a new game.
Might need to grab a modlist and save so I can investigate.
The mod list is coming in PM (to prevent premature release of some of its contents).

Save:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kjc9u ... trains.zip

The roboport is between Copper and Stone dropoff stations. There is also a Nixi Tube setup between Stone and Iron dropoff showing the two counts, with different numbers than the other combinators, though still wrong (if rather closer).

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi,

first thanks for your mod, that is exactly what I need.
But like Reika, I have a problem with static number that does not update correctly.
See on the screen. My roboport is showing 1958/967 but inside the combinator, it is still 2109/1000, the value that was correct when I installed the combinator. But since then, the figures do not update. What can be wrong ?
I have also link the combinator to digit to see the precise number.
robo logi pb.jpg
robo logi pb.jpg (240.55 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

As far as I understand this, there is missing an script.on_load()-routine for reinitialization after load.

... btw: Same problem as with the logistic combinator mod.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Mods”