[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Topics and discussion about specific mods
cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.21]

Post by cartmen180 »

dunpealhunter wrote:Why does it take so fracking long to research and get the transport belt? I like what you are trying to do overall, but the transport belt should in my opinion be one of the first and easiest things to get from the start. Right now you have to research 2 other things before you can start on transport belts, and with the time it takes to get research packs it just takes way to long imho.....
I am aware of this and one of the solutions I have in mind is a slower belt to start with, to fit with the tier 1 machines. If that proves to be interesting gameplay wise I will include in (maybe) the next update. Right now I am chilling on the Canary Islands so not getting any work done haha.
Check out my mods

Maudlin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maudlin »

hello Cartmen, Just wanted to say this mod is a fantastic idea. I understand its in rough shape right now because of you rebuilding it, but its still extremely fun. I have been playing a lot of .22 and so far i can see where you are taking this mod. The first version of it was very similar to Bobs in terms of tech progression, but this rebuild has a uniqueness to it. I really like the part packs idea(i always call them gear "kits" for some reason, lol) and the reusability of old tech to new tech(like basic electronic boards made with low tech parts then later the same board made with few but more complex parts but still yielding the same board. anyway, i hope you keep supporting this mod and thank you! :D

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When I create a new world I get a error that the map contain no player.
I fixed it myself for now but you should fix this in the next days.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

What should I do if I wanna make titanium? I can't find the titanium spronge recipe.
Also I researched epoxy making but I cant make epoxy because I need advanced gas&oil processing for propene. But this tech is too expensive as for me now. Could you add adv gas&oil processing to needed techs for epoxy tech?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

dunpealhunter wrote:Why does it take so fracking long to research and get the transport belt? I like what you are trying to do overall, but the transport belt should in my opinion be one of the first and easiest things to get from the start. Right now you have to research 2 other things before you can start on transport belts, and with the time it takes to get research packs it just takes way to long imho.....
halved the research requirements for logistics 1 in v0.0.24
SuperSandro2000 wrote:When I create a new world I get a error that the map contain no player.
I fixed it myself for now but you should fix this in the next days.
fixed it in v0.0.24
Vitduo wrote:What should I do if I wanna make titanium? I can't find the titanium spronge recipe.
Also I researched epoxy making but I cant make epoxy because I need advanced gas&oil processing for propene. But this tech is too expensive as for me now. Could you add adv gas&oil processing to needed techs for epoxy tech?
the titanium processing chain hadn't been implented yet, it will be in v0.0.24
Maudlin wrote:hello Cartmen, Just wanted to say this mod is a fantastic idea. I understand its in rough shape right now because of you rebuilding it, but its still extremely fun. I have been playing a lot of .22 and so far i can see where you are taking this mod. The first version of it was very similar to Bobs in terms of tech progression, but this rebuild has a uniqueness to it. I really like the part packs idea(i always call them gear "kits" for some reason, lol) and the reusability of old tech to new tech(like basic electronic boards made with low tech parts then later the same board made with few but more complex parts but still yielding the same board. anyway, i hope you keep supporting this mod and thank you! :D
I am doing my best, thank you :D
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.24]

Post by cartmen180 »

version 0.0.24 has been uploaded:
- added titanium processing
- added recycler with a couple of recipes
- minor tweaks to several things

the first stage of my recycling update has been implemented. You can now recycle your burner and basic inserters and the solar panels. (More to be added later)
Please note that recycling items will (almost) never return their full costs, you simply get the parts used refunded, but oddly bended and cut plates will not be.
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:version 0.0.24 has been uploaded:
- added titanium processing
- added recycler with a couple of recipes
- minor tweaks to several things

the first stage of my recycling update has been implemented. You can now recycle your burner and basic inserters and the solar panels. (More to be added later)
Please note that recycling items will (almost) never return their full costs, you simply get the parts used refunded, but oddly bended and cut plates will not be.
your mod now works fine with other mods? Bob, Yuki , dutech , ;)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

no
Check out my mods

Sokyra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sokyra »

Thank you for this extremely interesting mod !! I really like the "do it yourself" feel of this mod (electronic circuit made with woodboard :) ). If you ever found fun the complexity of dytech, then you should love this mod, it's real hardcore factorio .

I have one or two questions for you :

I can't find the liquid bronze recipe, if anyone know how to make it please tell me.

At the moment I'm finally making steel parts, but I still need copper parts for the parts and electronic assembler. Maybe you could add a mk2 recipe so we can make it with bronze parts like for the assembling machine 1, so we can ditch the copper parts and circuit 1 plant for good . By the way, it has been mentioned before but mining the parts assembler still result in an assembling machine 1.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Filename of mod E:/Factorio 0.11.1\data\CartmenCompleteOverHaul-master doesn't match the expected CartmenCompleteOverhaul_0.0.24 (case sensetive!)

How to solve this error?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Rename file to CartmenCompleteOverhaul_0.0.24.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Rename file to CartmenCompleteOverhaul_0.0.24.
i updated the archive, this error shouldn't popup anymore
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Sokyra wrote:Thank you for this extremely interesting mod !! I really like the "do it yourself" feel of this mod (electronic circuit made with woodboard :) ). If you ever found fun the complexity of dytech, then you should love this mod, it's real hardcore factorio .

I have one or two questions for you :

I can't find the liquid bronze recipe, if anyone know how to make it please tell me.

At the moment I'm finally making steel parts, but I still need copper parts for the parts and electronic assembler. Maybe you could add a mk2 recipe so we can make it with bronze parts like for the assembling machine 1, so we can ditch the copper parts and circuit 1 plant for good . By the way, it has been mentioned before but mining the parts assembler still result in an assembling machine 1.
i will add those mk2 recipes to the todo list and will fix that parts assembler in the next update
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

In game error - when i want to create map i see that

path to game -------- and \data\CartmenCompleteOverhaul | control.lua:3: first argument must be number or table
How to solve?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

cartmen180 wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote:Rename file to CartmenCompleteOverhaul_0.0.24.
i updated the archive, this error shouldn't popup anymore
you must change the version number when you update

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

After several hours of playing, I have to say this mod is AWESOME! I've played about 25h since update .24.

I've started over several times to get the hang of how the production lines work and how to get as fast as possibel a decent base. Recently I managed to reach the advaned oil&Gas research in under 4 hours. Don't know if this is a achievement as there's a lack of camparison.

Althougt there's one thing I can't figure out: Maby it's me but there's no way to process the natural gas (see picture below). The icon shows up in the crafting window but is missing in any machinery I can build. I guess it is intendet to be processed in the Oil Refinery(?).

As of the ALPHA stage I would like to mention some other things:

I'm very curious what the flotation cell is for. I placed it, but it shows only all the recepies from the mod, but shaded in red so I can't do anything with it. Someone knows what's up with it?

There's also an "unknown Key" as a tooltip for the Recycling section in the crafting window.
Crafting Window
Greetings from Germany!

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Gecko wrote:After several hours of playing, I have to say this mod is AWESOME! I've played about 25h since update .24.

I've started over several times to get the hang of how the production lines work and how to get as fast as possibel a decent base. Recently I managed to reach the advaned oil&Gas research in under 4 hours. Don't know if this is a achievement as there's a lack of camparison.

Althougt there's one thing I can't figure out: Maby it's me but there's no way to process the natural gas (see picture below). The icon shows up in the crafting window but is missing in any machinery I can build. I guess it is intendet to be processed in the Oil Refinery(?).

As of the ALPHA stage I would like to mention some other things:

I'm very curious what the flotation cell is for. I placed it, but it shows only all the recepies from the mod, but shaded in red so I can't do anything with it. Someone knows what's up with it?

There's also an "unknown Key" as a tooltip for the Recycling section in the crafting window.
Crafting Window
Greetings from Germany!
Thnx :D
The natural gas recipe was set wrong, it will be fixed in the next version and you will then need an oil refinery to process the gas.
The flotation cell is used in the processing of copper and in the next update also tin and lead. You need to research copper processing first though.
The unknown key is a missing string, also fixed in v0.0.25
Check out my mods

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

Nice to know, did the research for molten copper yesterday and ... tada! Silly me...

Is there an estimation when .25 will be out? Since I'd like to start the red chips production. :)

I would like you to check the spawnrate of salt deposits. Progressing in the chemical stuff seems to take a lot of salt (to make chlorine). I haven's started aluminium production jet and had to go out about 150 blocks to find new salt deposits and they all contain only about 4000 -7000 units. Or I got just unlucky...

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

i haven't even began to balance the chemical tree yet, thats why natural gas processing had a wrong setting. I hope to have the new update ready sometime this week.
Check out my mods

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Hi, I've made some improvements: moved modules' inscriptions to locale file and added Ukrainian translation. I dunno how to use github so...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c0llhtma9r0j ... erhaul.zip

Return to “Mods”