1) How to get platinum chlorid?
2) Where to use zinc now?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.24]

Post by Gecko »

Unfortunately the Developer of this mod is not able to proced with his work for about the next 5 month (as he posted previously). I suggest to stay tuned and hope he continues after he's back, so will I.

Some words of waning:
The mod obviously lacks some major perks in the techtree as well as the recipe for natural gas processing.
Therefor with vanilla and just this mod installed, it may not be possible fo finish the game.

Forthermore, I suggest to read the entire heading (not even the starting post or the entire thread. No, just the heading.), before moaning about the lack of explanations or unfinished production lines. It says clearly and in capital letters ALPHA. One ought to think this means it is under developement and maby not playable. I'm sure it will be finished eventually.

With regards
Gecko

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

G_glop wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:I am so sorry guys, i really wanted to have the .25 update ready before saturday but i've just been swamped with RL.
On top of that I am running out of time as I am going on a six month trip to the caribbean on the 11th of this month.
I do however have these last two days to bring this update to you and balance it as best as I can. After that it will be really simple for the community here to make a balance patch if needed (just change the amount of science packs or time required in the technology folder).
Six months are you a millionare? :o
I am not unfortunately :p i work as a first mate on a sailship for food and a bed. But i have a couple of days coming up to spend i port. So if i can find a decent wifi connection i will get cracking on the mod again.
Check out my mods

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

cartmen180 wrote: I am not unfortunately :p i work as a first mate on a sailship for food and a bed. But i have a couple of days coming up to spend i port. So if i can find a decent wifi connection i will get cracking on the mod again.
:D Keep up the good work!

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

knock knock,
who is there?
update 0.0.25!

All jokes aside, i managed to iron out the most pressing issues, like the smart chest, red and green wires. I also fixed the bronze recipe, it shouldn't conflict with bob's mod anymore. I've also noticed that the inserters where bugged in the latest version so that is fixed as well. The part assembler now returns a part assembler when mined.

I have not yet been able to fix the chemical tree, so natural gas processing and affiliated stuff is not yet operational.

At least you guys and girls don't have to use console commands anymore or change files to get the basics working.

enjoy

p.s. since we won't have any passengers on board for some time, i have a lot of free time now. Besides putting more work in my novel i should be able to get things rolling again for factorio :)

p.p.s. NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.10] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.25

Post by aklesey1 »

Cartme tell please:
2) Where to use zinc?
3) Where to use hydraulic parts now?
4) Maybe you should exclude bronze ore now and add just a bronze plate? Bronze ore looks at least strange, because it does not exist in nature
Please fix error when natural gas processing haven't machine to process - i think it must be chemical plat because all others recipies from chemical category are processed in chemical plant

May be you can add compatibilty with bob ores mod?
It's very cooland interesting idea with natural gas and methane+ethane processing, it is a pity that bobingabout did not add naturas gas - another way to get resin and another way to get hydrogen chloride
I admire the desire for deep study in this mod, maybe in the future there will be a use for gold and silver like in bob electronics?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Erro when creating map - path to mod folder / control.lua:3: first augment must be number or table
I deleted the previous version of the mod and installed new version, this error did not occur before in 0.0.24 version

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

cartmen180 wrote:p.s. since we won't have any passengers on board for some time, i have a lot of free time now. Besides putting more work in my novel i should be able to get things rolling again for factorio :)
dude, you must be the most relaxed person miles around. Writes books, writes an awesome mode and is cruising round the caribbean islands - with a lot of free time. I envy you.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:Cartme tell please:
2) Where to use zinc?
3) Where to use hydraulic parts now?
4) Maybe you should exclude bronze ore now and add just a bronze plate? Bronze ore looks at least strange, because it does not exist in nature
Please fix error when natural gas processing haven't machine to process - i think it must be chemical plat because all others recipies from chemical category are processed in chemical plant

May be you can add compatibilty with bob ores mod?
It's very cooland interesting idea with natural gas and methane+ethane processing, it is a pity that bobingabout did not add naturas gas - another way to get resin and another way to get hydrogen chloride
I admire the desire for deep study in this mod, maybe in the future there will be a use for gold and silver like in bob electronics?
1) not yet enabled
2) no use yet
3) probably in some higher tier machines
4) bronze ore is not mined in my mod, you obtain it by mixing copper with tin

As stated before natural gas is not yet enabled, YuokiTani has made an awesome graphic wich i will be using for the gas processing facility, but i have to implement it first.

When this mod moves to beta i will start considering doing some compatability with other mods. But most likely not untill full release.
I do intend to have a use for gold and silver in higher tier machines.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Gecko wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:p.s. since we won't have any passengers on board for some time, i have a lot of free time now. Besides putting more work in my novel i should be able to get things rolling again for factorio :)
dude, you must be the most relaxed person miles around. Writes books, writes an awesome mode and is cruising round the caribbean islands - with a lot of free time. I envy you.
thnx :p, it took some time and effort to get where i am now, physically, spiritually, emotionally and a lot more of words ending on lly. But if you really want something it pays off to spend that time and effort, because in the end it is not the result that matters the most but the journey that took you there.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Tnaks for answers, please fix problem with creating map, i wrote above

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cartmen180 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: bronze ore is not mined in my mod, you obtain it by mixing copper with

No offense please, but I meant there is no need to use bronze ore, because it does not exist in nature, i think need to smelt bronze plate from copper and tin ores

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:Tnaks for answers, please fix problem with creating map, i wrote above
i made a quick fix, version 0.0.26 is uploaded now.
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Tnaks for answers, please fix problem with creating map, i wrote above
i made a quick fix, version 0.0.26 is uploaded now.
save in work?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.10] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.26

Post by Ranakastrasz »

-The booster modules should have tooltips on what they effect. It took experimentation to figure that out.
Also, allow recycling of old boosters.
-Drill - All drills, or at least those bronze and above, should have the module slot for the drill. Unless I suppose only the T2 and T3 electric drills support it.
Also, I think being able to recycle burner drills later might be useful.
-Bronze - Seeing that you already can melt down iron, I think having to, or having the option to melt down copper and tin to make bronze makes sense.
-Slag - Is it used for anything? or are you supposed to store it in a chest for a while then kill the chest?
-Wire/kit fabricators- Unless a new recipie/tier shows up later, then having to use the lesser version, which uses the crude circuits, is really wrong.
-Inserters -> Make sure that if you pick up one of those modded inserters (angled, close, etc) it drops the basic version.
-Unlocks in general: recycling for example, should only show up once you have everything required to make a recycler. Like t2 assemblers.

Not sure why to grind up iron, at least until you get the crushers, which gives a minor boost to production. Later at least it makes steel more efficient, for two iron vs three.

Feedback aside.

I like the slow start. I am looking forward to my first conveyor belt system. You actually end up using a lot of burner tier tech.
Tech system is pretty much perfect. It is very intuitive, and far less of a pain than the base game, or god forbid, dytech. You made it simpler, rather than more complex.
The Electric lab was the first lab I saw, and I had to search very carefully to find the coal-fired lab. That should probably also be hidden.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug!!!!

:( :cry: :cry:

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Airat9000 wrote:bug!!!!

:( :cry: :cry:
No, you are using additional mods. Since i have changed the techtree it is not compatible with other mods unless i make it compatible
Check out my mods

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I am uncertain how you are expected to get access to steel parts without already going into the chemical-based tech area
Also, Liquid bronze doesn't exist so far as I can see, except for making bronze parts later.

I am very happy to finally have enough bronze parts to build stuff I want finally!
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:-The booster modules should have tooltips on what they effect. It took experimentation to figure that out.
Also, allow recycling of old boosters.
-Drill - All drills, or at least those bronze and above, should have the module slot for the drill. Unless I suppose only the T2 and T3 electric drills support it.
Also, I think being able to recycle burner drills later might be useful.
-Bronze - Seeing that you already can melt down iron, I think having to, or having the option to melt down copper and tin to make bronze makes sense.
-Slag - Is it used for anything? or are you supposed to store it in a chest for a while then kill the chest?
-Wire/kit fabricators- Unless a new recipie/tier shows up later, then having to use the lesser version, which uses the crude circuits, is really wrong.
-Inserters -> Make sure that if you pick up one of those modded inserters (angled, close, etc) it drops the basic version.
-Unlocks in general: recycling for example, should only show up once you have everything required to make a recycler. Like t2 assemblers.

Not sure why to grind up iron, at least until you get the crushers, which gives a minor boost to production. Later at least it makes steel more efficient, for two iron vs three.

Feedback aside.

I like the slow start. I am looking forward to my first conveyor belt system. You actually end up using a lot of burner tier tech.
Tech system is pretty much perfect. It is very intuitive, and far less of a pain than the base game, or god forbid, dytech. You made it simpler, rather than more complex.
The Electric lab was the first lab I saw, and I had to search very carefully to find the coal-fired lab. That should probably also be hidden.
excellent suggestions, most of them are already in my planning :)
Check out my mods

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

Nice that the topic is active now.

Return to “Mods”