[MOD 0.12.x] HardCrafting 0.3.15

Topics and discussion about specific mods
judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] HardCrafting 0.3.14

Post by judos »

Hi V453000,

That might be correct. I just added them recently, needs some more testing. Probably I forgot some recipes.

Wait what? Railgun? :D That's definitely something I never saw before in my mod. Maybe I found an easter egg in my own code, but I would rather guess you messed up something here :P Robot recipes you are right and they are actually disabled since 0.2.5 (so quite some time already when it was first requested).

About the splitting up you are definitely right. Maybe we should also think about "the one inserter" mod which let's you do all by config file. Because there's already quite a lot of mods which add inserters. And to have multiple inserters doing the same with different recipes gets kind of overly complex.

Thanks for your feedback. I will probably split these features for the future, such that it is more modular and people benefit also from single features if wanted. :P

@NoriSilverrage: Could you reproduce this issue with belt-sorters on the newest version? Or was it maybe only due to some migration? If it persists to be a problem I will definitely have a closer look at this.

@AlexTheNotsogreat: Yes rich iron ore is simply not existing yet. It would however be a good idea, also in respect to the early smelting problem.
I usually solved this problem by having several chests beside each other with input and output of certain items and then I just manually sort this from time to time. Not really a problem then. If you have marathon installed however, yes then I guess it's just going to take 10 times longer until you can automate this problem.

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by V453000 »

Thank you for your reply :) I was just explained that the railgun is obtained by forcing all recipes XD I did that to unlock the big processing machine - Electric furnace came to me the other day and it said that it is insulted by those graphics, so I started doing something about it ... work in progress. :) it also has some special animation

I will do the other things as well, like incinerators and crusher/pulverizer. If you want. :)
Attachments
big-processing-machine.png
big-processing-machine.png (55.53 KiB) Viewed 6120 times

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Oh xD I need to try out that myself never tried it before.

Wow thanks a lot for the graphics :P I am not really a graphics designer so feel free to replace these graphics as you want. I will also replace them in the next version if you upload them here or in github. Thanks a lot for your contribution!

I think in the fff blog posts someone from the dev team mentioned already the idea about dirty ore for late game mining such that mining sites have to be rebuilt less frequently. Is this idea still around? :P

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

One thing I've noticed is you can use bob's module mod together with hardcrafting.
The bob's module mod gives you god module 5 that give (among others) +50% productivity.
If you use them on crushing and smelting you can create an infinite supply of resources.
To solve this, would that be needed to do in your mod or in the modules mod?

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by V453000 »

just wait until I finish them all judos please :) they are relevant to each other, and I believe I will do it relatively soon.

pieppiep: bobs modules work with everything, for example you can put them into final products that in vanilla you can't (I like that a lot actually), but other than that, the whole bobs mods is all about throwing balance out of the window and applying huge values. The productivity is one of the more ridiculous ones for sure. Just wait for this mod to allow normal productivity modules for all recipes and use those, would be my suggestion. :)

This kind of weird shit occurs even in the base game in some cases - you can generate infinite oil/steel from barrel unloading/loading this way, too.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Ah and I thought I had it with the change "- added productivity module support for modules up to 10% productivity (above is not supported on purpose)"
But at least some recipes are missing so I will have to check this again :)

@V453000: yes no hurry for these assets. But the big processing machine already looks awesome I must say :P

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

We had some desync problems (and desyncs without new map download) on my server 2 days ago and made a bug report here: [0.12.33] [Pending]desync every 60 ticks - no map redownload

Rseding91 thinks it's mod related - specifically HardCrafting.
Rseding91 wrote:I don't have any way to verify it but the only suspect mod in that list would be the hardCrafting one. It's the only mod that does actions on a 60 tick cycle, has at least one instance where it could try to divide by 0, and is setup to do things on_load that it should never be trying to do (adjusts global, runs stuff on the next tick after loading).
One player mentioned it has to do with the belt sorter:
Muchaszewski wrote:It looks like this was caused by hardCraft mod item called "belt sorter". Timespan was right, issues happend when i placed it, accesed and remove it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi daniel,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I will have a look at this tomorrow in the evening.
Probably I will also split up the mod as mentioned earlier in the thread. I will keep you up to date.

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

Hi judos.

Awesome mod, I love it.

I'm getting this error message:

To reproduce:
- Base Mod 0.12.35
- HardCrafting 0.3.14
- Module Inserter 0.1.33

Put down a belt sorter, then click one of the 16 squares under "Belt sorter filter."

I know computer programming (not lua.) It took me forever to figure out which of my 20 mods was causing the problem!

In the meantime I can disable the Module Inserter mod. The bug only happens when both of these mods are active.

Thanks for your help.

Matthew

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Just started out, finding it a bit frustrating, but persisting. One thought occurred to me: There ought to be a plastic recipe using 4x powdered coal.

Another thought, in relation to Bob's Mods, when both mods are being used could your resources have a stack size of 200 to match his?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] HardCrafting 0.3.15

Post by judos »

Updated to 0.3.15 to fix a desync issue and the problem with itemSelection where styles do not exist. NOTE: modded items which are registered in final-fixes are generally not displayed anymore in the beltSorter itemSelection gui. If some item is missing tell the devs they should register their items earlier than in final-fixes :lol:

@mattj256, @daniel34: That should fix your problems.

@Degraine: I will think about this recipe and potentially add it to the next release for factorio 0.13.
The item stack size change request you should post at bobs modds since I don't plan to change the stack size in general for hardCrafting. But he could easily add it to the list of items which are modified anyway. ;)

Fixes for 0.3.15
- fix crash in item selection of belt-sorter. Items from other mods which are registered after data-final-fixes of hardCrafting is run are not displayed anymore.
- fix potential division by 0
- fix desync issue. on_load in mod should never call initialization stuff.

Latest download: Image

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

judos wrote:@mattj256, @daniel34: That should fix your problems.
Thanks judos!!

(I don't care if every item shows up in the belt-list sorter. I just want things to not crash.)

Matthew

m2cengine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by m2cengine »

Can the mod creator please confirm if this will or won't be ported to .13? Just wondering if I should wait or play it on .12 - thanks!

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

@M2cengine: I solemnly swear that I am up to port the mod to 0.13 :P I would think at latest by the end of the week (saturday or sunday) it is done. Maybe earlier but no promises.

@V45300: how far are you with working on the graphics for the other machines? I would think while porting the mod to 0.13 I will also add a the graphics for the big processing machine (without animation). ;)

YohanuiBabai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YohanuiBabai »

I like this mod, but i don't like its not animated( So I make some little redesing and add animation of crusher and pulveriser. Maybe its good like temporary solution =)
p.s. sorry for my bad english)
Attachments
16mtne2.gif
16mtne2.gif (3.83 MiB) Viewed 5968 times

m2cengine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by m2cengine »

Great, thanks!

I love the challenges this brings to the game - especially the recursive nature of it.

Wenihal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wenihal »

Great mod. Looking forward for the 0.13 version.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.13.x] HardCrafting 0.4.0

Post by judos »

Hi all,

I have ported hardCrafting to factorio 0.13.0. Please be aware that factorio 0.13.0 as well as hardCrafting 0.4.0 is currently an experimental version ;) So backup your world and please report any bugs that you find.

So far I didn't implement anything new but just cleaned up most of the source code.

Updated to 0.4.0
+ port mod to work with factorio 0.13.x
- removed rail recipe changes
- smart-long-inserter is now a long-filter-inserter
- new graphics for the big-processing-machine (thanks to V453000)
-
removed belt-sorter into separate mod -> I will create a new beltSorter mod to contain this entity. This is not yet done...

The mod can now be downloaded from the factorio central mod repository for 0.13:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/judos/hardCrafting

@YohanuiBabai: The animation for the crusher / pulverizer looks quite awesome. Do you want to contribute it? If you send me the files I will add these graphics to the next version.

GodricSeer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GodricSeer »

In the new version, when I generate a map with all minimum resource settings, the entire world outside the starting area is covered by the light copper ore.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

GodricSeer wrote:In the new version, when I generate a map with all minimum resource settings, the entire world outside the starting area is covered by the light copper ore.
0.13 fucked up all the pre 0.12 resource definitions/entities, I'm trying to figure it out for my own mods at the moment.

Return to “Mods”