[Mod 0.12.22]Enemies+ V: 0.0.1 Open testing -Tunnel digger

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.12.22]Enemies+ V: 0.0.1 Open testing -Tunnel digger

Post by jorgenRe »

Zaeon wrote:I really dig this mod. Hehehehe.

No but seriously, good shit. Soon as destroying the worm holes stops the invasion I'll be using this regularly.
That is great to hear :)!
Tomorrow(as of writing this post) is the last school day before easter/oster/påske (the yellow bunny holiday) so i might have some time to come back to putting some hours into this mod :)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Greate job man i must test this mod listen do u thing about add harp emiter?

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Pohybel wrote:Greate job man i must test this mod listen do u thing about add harp emiter?
Harp emiter? Could you describe what it is :)?
Logo

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Very Excited about this. Factorio really needs more enemy types :)

I've seen the Dune reference, but I am thinking more Starship troopers. Would be great to have all those bugs, diggers, acid sprayers, zerg like and flyers.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

I had some additional ideas for new enemy types but never got around to them, so I'm glad to see someone adding them!

Would you be open to others, if I manage to code them properly? I'm thinking short range diggers (that just pop under one set of walls) as well as some biters that morph characteristics when they're first shot at, perhaps growing a set of armor plates and becoming much slower, and gaining a ranged attack, that sort of thing. Possibly also some rare artillery monsters that launch a really long range but inaccurate shell, that bounces all over your defensive lines splashing acid about.

As far as I understand, these are all doable with the current set of code, by exploiting unusual biter weapons and death effects.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Darloth wrote:I had some additional ideas for new enemy types but never got around to them, so I'm glad to see someone adding them!

Would you be open to others, if I manage to code them properly? I'm thinking short range diggers (that just pop under one set of walls) as well as some biters that morph characteristics when they're first shot at, perhaps growing a set of armor plates and becoming much slower, and gaining a ranged attack, that sort of thing. Possibly also some rare artillery monsters that launch a really long range but inaccurate shell, that bounces all over your defensive lines splashing acid about.

As far as I understand, these are all doable with the current set of code, by exploiting unusual biter weapons and death effects.
Sure go on, though be kind and include me in the credits. ;)!
Logo

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

No, I was suggesting that, if I got them working , you could put them into your mod so there would only be one Enemies+ mod.

Since some of my ideas are (short range) tunnellers, it would fit with your much longer range tunnellers conceptually.

Up to you though, if I get round to them I could make a separate mod for them. I was just wondering whether you were open to or looking for contributions.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Darloth wrote:No, I was suggesting that, if I got them working , you could put them into your mod so there would only be one Enemies+ mod.

Since some of my ideas are (short range) tunnellers, it would fit with your much longer range tunnellers conceptually.

Up to you though, if I get round to them I could make a separate mod for them. I was just wondering whether you were open to or looking for contributions.
Ah yes, that you could do :)!
Just ask if you need any help.
Logo

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I was thinking of some implementations of the tunneling,

It might be cool if one could setup a Spawner defense.
So if a spawner gets attacked, a tunnel would appear behind the attacker and biters would pour out.

The number of biters could be tied to the evolution factor, let's say 20 * Evolution Factor or something like that.
I'm not sure how you would know the direction the attack is coming from or spawner being hurt vs. killed...

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

jorgenRe wrote: Port A* pathfinder code from javascript to lua(unless access to the pathfinder already in Factorio is granted)
Hey, I just wanted to chime in and say that such a classic algorithms like A* are pretty much guaranteed to have implementation in pretty much any language even fortran, you just need look around thoughtfully.
Affortress has scavenged some A* in lua for misanthrope mod recently, have a look there maybe.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Greate job man i must test this mod listen do u thing about add harp emiter?

Harp emiter? Could you describe what it is :)?
i mean machine like half lifa 2 antilions miss this machines it's work like big humer punch earth in mod to factori called eletric walls is harp emiter i dont know for what but u should check this, any way
harp emiter is hmm smething like mosquito repellent .

Return to “Mods”