[MOD 0.17.x]Factorio Extended 4.0103.17

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.3

Post by NathGamer »

CreatorBurden wrote:The power armor that you add only has a 13x13 grid instead of the 16x16 you say it has here.

In game:

Also, a lot of in game item/research names are like this:

Most of the researches are like that.

I was really hoping to have no issues in game with this mod, was looking forward to all the crazy upgrades.
Hi, sorry about the issues you are having with the mod i have Bev get busy and haven't had a chance to update in a while. When u get a moment soon i will make a update with all the fixes for problems people have been finding.

Thank you,
NathGamer

CreatorBurden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CreatorBurden »

Yeah, despite that disappointing armor issue, I'm still having fun with the mod. Its quite well designed. Love that pretty much EVERYTHING has a higher tier version. Looking forward to the fix as well as anything new you might be planning <3

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

I would hope in the future the Mk2 Pipes, and the Mk2 and Mk3 Repair Packs require research to unlock. Not to mention with the Repair Packs, that they would require Advanced Circuits, and Processing Units respectively. And that the Mk3 packs would require Mk2 packs rather than the ordinary ones. Just rather easy to get Repair Packs that last ages, and repair things far faster than the ordinary ones. I would also hope the Mk5 Assembling Machine had a higher assembly time, they get produced so quick they draw in a rather huge amount of mk3 efficiency modules if you automate their production.

Bluedisaster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.5

Post by Bluedisaster »

Are you working on Factorio Extended for 0.15.X ?

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.7

Post by JoeWhizer »

Wow, this is a great mod. Thanks for updating it to .15.

Just 2 little things I've realized:

1) There is for some reason an issue with the technology label "logistics-system-2". This is not found and results in an unknown-key. The weird thing is, it is in the locale. I have temporarly fixed it by adding this line in the german locale in the Core file:

logistics-system=Bauroboter

For some reason the game also adds the 2 behind it. This could be a bug in .15 I suppose, maybe you could have a look into it. :)
Edit: I have also noticed, that the game has sometimes trouble since 0.15 when there are spaces before and after the equal sign, like this:
logistics-system = Bauroboter

I had one mod, where none of the names was found from the game in the locale and I fixed it just by removing those spaces.

2) Another thing I saw was the requirement of upgrade tools 2. While Upgrade Tools 2 needs red and green science packs, it required Tanks what needs Military 3 and both need military and blue science. This makes no sense to me, so I just removed "Tanks" from the prerequisites.

Thanks for this great mod!

Edit: There is also a logical issue with Logistic 4 and 5. Automation 3 and logistic 3, what is both prerequisite needs blue and purple science, while logictic 4 and 5 only need red and green.
Last edited by JoeWhizer on Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pekimso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pekimso »

I have a problem when i try to load a game which is started without the mod.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
The log
(5.89 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (111 KiB) Viewed 7050 times

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Pekimso wrote:I have a problem when i try to load a game which is started without the mod.
I had this issue too, and fixed it by changing the integer to bool (in bold&underline what I have added):

FactorioExtended-Machines_0.2.7.zip\FactorioExtended-Machines_0.2.7\migrations\FactorioExtended-Machines_0.2.3.lua

EDIT - This is not working
game.reload_script()

for i, force in pairs(game.forces) do
force.reset_recipes()
force.reset_technologies()
end

if force.technologies["mechanical-engineer-1"].researched = true then
force.recipes["basic-mining-drill-mk2"].enabled = true
end
end

if force.technologies["mechanical-engineer-1"].researched = true then
force.recipes["pumpjack-mk2"].enabled = true
end
end
Last edited by JoeWhizer on Tue May 02, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pekimso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pekimso »

Thank you for the quick reply, but I dont know where to copy the lines (i've never done anything with the console or scripts), and tried ingame and it doesnt work. is there another console or am i just being stupid?

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Just replace the file with the one I have attached to this post here now, and it should work.

If you use the Steam-Version, this should be in the following folder:
c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\

With the non-steam version, it should be in the install-folder/mods of factorio.

The game needs to be closed while replacing the file there.
Last edited by JoeWhizer on Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pekimso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pekimso »

It now shows a different error. damn this technology!
Last edited by Pekimso on Tue May 02, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

This is weird, and it seems I get this for other savesgames as well. Only the one I was already playing is working.

I leave this to the mod creator :)

I will comment it out again. Try the attached file, I will remove the one above.
Last edited by JoeWhizer on Tue May 02, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pekimso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pekimso »

I replaced my file with yours and now its working! the parenthesis did it
thank you for your help! i'll delete the pictures, except the error, too.

Merephet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Merephet »

This error show when the game is cropping bitmaps.

"The given sprite position (left_top = 208x0) is completely outside the actual sprite image (size=200x240).
Sprite name:__base__/graphics/entity/oil-refinery/oil-refinery-fire.png"

Only the core and machines mods no other mods.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Here is a quick-fix. I replaced the animation with the new format.
Corrected file attached, just replace the attached file and it will work with 0.15.6.

I have removed the file above.
Last edited by JoeWhizer on Wed May 03, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

JoeWhizer wrote:Wow, this is a great mod. Thanks for updating it to .15.

Just 2 little things I've realized:

1) There is for some reason an issue with the technology label "logistics-system-2". This is not found and results in an unknown-key. The weird thing is, it is in the locale. I have temporarly fixed it by adding this line in the german locale in the Core file:

logistics-system=Bauroboter

For some reason the game also adds the 2 behind it. This could be a bug in .15 I suppose, maybe you could have a look into it. :)
Edit: I have also noticed, that the game has sometimes trouble since 0.15 when there are spaces before and after the equal sign, like this:
logistics-system = Bauroboter

I had one mod, where none of the names was found from the game in the locale and I fixed it just by removing those spaces.

2) Another thing I saw was the requirement of upgrade tools 2. While Upgrade Tools 2 needs red and green science packs, it required Tanks what needs Military 3 and both need military and blue science. This makes no sense to me, so I just removed "Tanks" from the prerequisites.

Thanks for this great mod!

Edit: There is also a logical issue with Logistic 4 and 5. Automation 3 and logistic 3, what is both prerequisite needs blue and purple science, while logictic 4 and 5 only need red and green.
I am glad that you are enjoying the mod. I have asked trying to balance the technologies it's difficult to keep track of everything. I will definitely try and change them so it makes sense. I will also update the other locales i kinda forgot I don't speak any language but English and have had other people making the other locales for me. Thank you for your help.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Glad I can help. :)

Attached you'll find all files from your mods I have changed, including a complete translation into German.

Summary:
I've made some balance changes in transport to the Logistics 4 and 5 and added the missing packs and increased the amount they need. Not sure if it's enough, have a look at it.
Also as explained above, remove tank from prerequisite of upgraded-tools in machines. Commented the migration section in machines, as its is not working for some reason.

Last but not least the object animation in machines for oil-refinery-fire was corrected.
Last edited by JoeWhizer on Wed May 03, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crommus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crommus »

JoeWhizer wrote:Here is a quick-fix. I replaced the animation with the new format.
Corrected file attached, just replace the attached file and it will work with 0.15.6.

I have removed the file above.
Had the same problem with several sprites preventing factorio from starting. Your fixed file works like a charm. :D

Thanks!

PS: Is there any fix for the migration problem when loading already existing game files yet?

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Actually, this is strange. I must have mixed up the files. It was already worked around with commenting out the section.
I have updated it and the file is attached to this post now. Changed-files.zip as well, as it also included the wrong lua-file without the commented section.

Should work now - sorry for the mistake.
Attachments
changes_files.zip
All files that have been changed from myself (only changed files)
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
FactorioExtended-Machines_0.2.7.zip
migration fix (workaround)
object animation fix for oil-refinery-fire.png
(6.46 MiB) Downloaded 172 times

Sintrido
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I can't make to work the pump mk2

Post by Sintrido »

I can't get fuel from the pump mk2. I need a special bomb . Factorio 0.15.6 . Last version of factorio Extended 0.2.7

Thanks

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Sintrido wrote:I can't get fuel from the pump mk2. I need a special bomb . Factorio 0.15.6 . Last version of factorio Extended 0.2.7
Thanks
I've tested it and for me it is working fine. (Screenshot attached)

Did you connect it to power, because it needs power to work. Or what kind of fuel are you trying to transport?
Attachments
pump mk2.jpg
pump mk2.jpg (83.42 KiB) Viewed 6960 times

Return to “Mods”