[MOD 0.14.x] Wind Turbines - Simplistic Power Source

Topics and discussion about specific mods
seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.27] Wind Turbines - Changing the electricity game!

Post by seronis »

Yeah for some reason the OP is linking to where the user got his copy of the game and not to his mod. Didnt check his copy/paste it seems.

-edit-

OP has fixed link now.

Cpt Pick Lucky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cpt Pick Lucky »

I feel as if you should switch the purple turbine with the blue turbine in terms of upgrade chain, research, etc. because I feel it is easier to get artifacts (especially with mods) than it is to get blue science packs. Otherwise, I LOVE THIS MOD!!!

Dellamonikus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dellamonikus »

Cpt Pick Lucky wrote:I feel as if you should switch the purple turbine with the blue turbine in terms of upgrade chain, research, etc. because I feel it is easier to get artifacts (especially with mods) than it is to get blue science packs. Otherwise, I LOVE THIS MOD!!!
Hmm, I could also go completely away from science packs, like someone else stated, because its very inconsistent in which order players get the packs, depending on settings, mods and playstyle.

I could go for green, red and blue circuits, but I would need one more thing to get the 4 transistions from cheap to expensive.
Any suggestions?

john
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by john »

Dellamonikus wrote:
Cpt Pick Lucky wrote:I feel as if you should switch the purple turbine with the blue turbine in terms of upgrade chain, research, etc. because I feel it is easier to get artifacts (especially with mods) than it is to get blue science packs. Otherwise, I LOVE THIS MOD!!!
Hmm, I could also go completely away from science packs, like someone else stated, because its very inconsistent in which order players get the packs, depending on settings, mods and playstyle.

I could go for green, red and blue circuits, but I would need one more thing to get the 4 transistions from cheap to expensive.
Any suggestions?
this mod uses lots of steel plates and "titanium plates" made from iron ore and water iirc. In addition to the red and blue circuits

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=19836&hilit=factoriobasics

Looking at how your mod scales even a small amount added to the t1 or t2 would add up quickly and should balance out the space saving aspect.

Logan_72
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29] Wind Turbines - Changing the electricity game!

Post by Logan_72 »

download doesn't seem to work?

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

I'm uploading the latest version as attachment since the OP is using a premium file hosting site.
Last edited by seronis on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dellamonikus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dellamonikus »

It's been a while, but now it works again. :)
Logan_72 wrote:download doesn't seem to work?

lob26
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.22] Wind Turbines - Simplistic Power Source

Post by lob26 »

This looks cool! I have one question though, how to you decide when the wind blows and what speed it will be? Or is that already build into the game?

Dellamonikus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.22] Wind Turbines - Simplistic Power Source

Post by Dellamonikus »

lob26 wrote:This looks cool! I have one question though, how to you decide when the wind blows and what speed it will be? Or is that already build into the game?
Hey, this is randomized. The windspeed changes on a tiny factor all the time and changes on a bigger factor on a ingame-daily basis. The average speed is half of the maximum possible, so the turbines produce on average about half as much as they possibly can.

Return to “Mods”