[WIP] Burner expanded / Heavy industry / Dirty industry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Colombo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[WIP] Burner expanded / Heavy industry / Dirty industry

Post by Colombo »

Hello,

I am planing to do mod that utilize burner as the main mean of energy. With the smarter burner-inserters and extended burner on assembly machines and lab, one can sufficiently run on coal for a long time.

This mod will include number of items modified to run on burner, notable:
  • various inserters (long-handed, fast, maybe even smart)
  • assembly machines
  • lab
as well as some extensions:
Larger burner-miners, to the size of modern machines: http://gadgetopia.com/wp-content/upload ... achine.jpg
Larger towers, Larger factory complexes.
All that burned coal will make air toxic, thus various dust collectors would be used: Image

However, coal is not exactly pure carbon and that dust can be quite toxic with some radioactive particles. And thus the way how to handle this toxic dust, utilize as new resource and transform it into new research opportunities will be made (eg. making dirty bomb).

This mod will provide another way how to play the game, not with finesse provided with electricity and other technologies, not with fancy gadgets like robots, but with larger and dumber machines.

I am however looking for someone who would fancy drawing all those chimneys on top of those machines, or someone who would tech me how to do that.

Return to “Mods”