McLauncher 0.4.8 (Mod Manager works with v12)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: McLauncher 0.4.6 (Mod Manager and Downloader)

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Thx again for the help. And for the late response i am sorry.

I have had some trouble getting the one instance to work, My attempts are commented out in the main method of the source code.
I was able to get it to work, some times and some times not, etc. Its currently not reliable enough to be released in the code. Can't have people locked out of the application :)
Changelog
Your problem with the game modes is most likely not related to McLauncher. The only thing McLauncher directly effects is the mod-list.json, and launching factorio with no args.
Now unless something changed with mod-list.json that im not aware of, I don't know if that is related to Mclauncher.

V0.4.6 release and download.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Arano-kai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arano-kai »

Had some posting problems...
Here You Bug-o-day list :) (part-1)
some zip-ed and dependency problems
Internal path string not updating in time
Game ignoring selected modes
Game freeze at load

Arano-kai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arano-kai »

Aaaaaand.... part 2 :P
GUI tweak
URL typo
Cancel download not cancel unzipping
Thx for You time and good luck :)

Anolya
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anolya »

I got a bug when I wanted to delete 1 profile.
I created 2 profiles, I delete the first one and the second disappears too. When I reload the app, the second one is here. The bug only appears when you create 2 profiles and then delete the first one.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Just a quick fix for now

v0.4.7

+Fix getJsonFromZip error for linux users
+Fix issue where users that have factorio setting to enable all new mods was enabling every mod.
+Update launcher button moved and resized.

I'm a little busy at the moment, I'll work on the other things you mentioned, especially that delete one.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

McLauncher has been managing factorio mods for almost a year now, My site will be going down some time this week. But don't worry i recently started working on rebuilding the Mod Manager again.
When the site goes down it should still work. I still wouldn't use the download portion of it as the mods in its database are outdated, and for older versions of factorio.

7 months ago there was a person called trangar that was supposed to make a mod downloading site, But that was the last thing i heard about that and recently i talked to someone about an actual released mod downloading site. Factoriomods.com
The launcher will eventually support downloads again, but the temporary solution i provided wont be in the rebuilt launcher.

McLauncher still works with factorio v12, I have been using it myself recently. Just take note of the dependencies having an problem with optional versions. So launch, then ignore + launch to get around the optional dependencies error. It doesn't happen with most mods, but if you have a lot of mods enabled it appears.

lob26
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: McLauncher 0.4.8 (Mod Manager works with v12)

Post by lob26 »

Hi.
When I try to launch this it comes up with a message saying that it doesnt have access to read or writ files. How can I fix this?
I use Windows.

Return to “Mods”