Re: [0.11.1] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.2.0

Post by JamesOFarrell »

This is fantastic. thank you!

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

I am happy to tell you that this mod is the first to be put into the new v. 0.11.1 pristine mod folder.
Will give it a spin later.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Thanks guys, I'll put at least one more update up in the coming days, to add the items to their own technology.

Also, something I haven't yet looked at is a better way to handle the actuators (what I've named the parts handling the wire conditions) as 0.11.x has some new functions, so that might be updated aswell. Unlike last version, I'll be sure to make it backwards compatible.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.2.1

Post by Kikkers »

Updated again. Now uses technologies, and I've reduced the hackyness of the hidden inserter.

Also works fine in multiplayer.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

I don't seem to be getting any condition interface when I click on the smart switch, only the power overview
EDIT: Nevermind, I wasn't connecting the wire to the right spot

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

I would like to make it more obvious how you operate it, but we currently do not have better options available from a scripting point of view. It's very likely that the moment this mod can work flawlessly is the same moment it becomes obsolete :P .

For now, the best we can do is keep an eye on scripting related updates from the devs, to fix the few remaining issues (mainly robot construction related stuff)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Please explain in the first post what the mod does.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Ok, I hadn't considered it might be unclear.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.3] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.2.2

Post by Kikkers »

Quick update for the mod to support blueprints / ghosts / robots, and edited the first post.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.0

Post by Kikkers »

And yet another update, this time adding the omni actuator. It replaces the smart pump because it fully replaces its functionality, and I've taken the oppurtunity to remove some entities that've gotten redundant, so it's NOT backwards compatible. But I think it's worth it.

I haven't really thought about what else you can actually control with the omni actuator. Small pumps work, train stations don't (sadly). Locomotives MIGHT work, haven't tried that.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.2

Post by Kikkers »

And another update, now with an item sensor. I can't think of anything else to add for now.

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

Player/biter sensor! :D

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Kikkers wrote:And another update, now with an item sensor. I can't think of anything else to add for now.
I'm still pushing for a smart train station. Pause the train at the station if the condition is not met. un-pause the train when it is.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

JamesOFarrell wrote:I'm still pushing for a smart train station. Pause the train at the station if the condition is not met. un-pause the train when it is.
Don't tell anyone, but you can now do that with the item sensor combined with the omni actuator. :)

(item sensor is optional, but you can detect the contents of a cargo wagon so you can check when the train is full/empty)

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Kikkers wrote:Don't tell anyone, but you can now do that with the item sensor combined with the omni actuator. :)

(item sensor is optional, but you can detect the contents of a cargo wagon so you can check when the train is full/empty)
Impressive piece of work. I need to have a play with the omni actuator now =)

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Interesting stuff. I placed an Item sensor next to a loco, hooked it up to a power pole and this is the result after a (not too long) while.

Those numbers just keep increasing as long as the loc is there, guess you're forgetting to reset a variable somewhere :) Fuel obviously while the loc is stood there, the other stuff is in the supplies wagon at the end of the train.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Could you give the save? Would give me an easier time to finding what's happening.

Edit: nevermind the save, I think I know why this happens. Seems that the inventory.clear() function is not completely reliable. I can work around it, but you'd have to wait for a patch (later today probably) and then break down your circuit network to reset it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Didn't save the game with this mod enabled, but this is a save from a short while before I tried it. Train station is to the west of current location, iirc :) (at work now, so can't check)

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0zh9nmhhf1tf ... e.zip?dl=0
Mods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr8wzmxy6vuui ... s.zip?dl=0
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I would like to have Electricity sensor.
I know that you added Smart Accumulator but it's too slow (charging/discharging).
I need sensor that will react immediately on power status. When he is connected to the energy grid, it generate ghost item, and after disconnect it will destroy that ghost item.
I need that to build logic system based on Power-Switch-Mod v0.2.0 with "AND" and "OR" gates.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Neotix wrote: I need sensor that will react immediately on power status. When he is connected to the energy grid, it generate ghost item, and after disconnect it will destroy that ghost item.
How exactly would that work though? Any pole is connected to a network, unconnected poles have a network of 1 pole (itself).

wouldn't it be possible to get the desired behavior using the electric switch somehow?

Return to “Mods”