[MOD 0.11.22] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.8

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.5

Post by Kikkers »

Warning: For anyone using this mod with 0.11.4 / 0.11.5: The electric switch has a crashing bug that triggers very easily, and is beyond my control. If you want to use the mod in this version, be sure not to use the electric switch!

Editing the first post with this remark as well.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I think it cause crash when we want mine switch by clicking on pole. When I mine it clicking in the middle on switch, it's working fine (so far in 0.11.4).

EDIT: Confirmed. Today I get crash few times in 0.11.5 while using switches.
It's very unfortunate because I just finished first counter (0 - 9) and 7-segment display to show digits is based on switches.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I've come across a bug when using the omni actuator with a pump - I get this message when removing an actuator after removing the pump it was attached to first:

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __Smart-Circuit-Systems__\scripts\actuator.lua:113: LuaEntity API call when entity target is zero.
No problems occur when removing the actuator first, then the pump, however.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Degraine wrote:I've come across a bug when using the omni actuator with a pump - I get this message when removing an actuator after removing the pump it was attached to first:

Error while running the event handler: __Smart-Circuit-Systems__\scripts\actuator.lua:113: LuaEntity API call when entity target is zero.
Thanks, I'll look into it. Sounds like an error i can fix.

Also, it seems that 0.11.6 fixed the crashing bug with electric switches, but it seems behavior is slightly changed in some uncommon cases. Expect a bugfix patch soon.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.6

Post by Kikkers »

Very minor update available.

I wasn't able to really reproduce your error, but I added an extra safeguard so that specific error should not occur again (please let me know if it still does).

Seems that some API changes have messed with the electric switch again which I can't really make a workaround for. It's minor though, just make sure to not connect a smart inserter or actuator directly to the terminals of the electric switch. Use an extra normal pole instead.

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

I find 3 bugs :

1/ with omni Acuator, we cannot add a logistic condition without red or green wire.

2/ When I put a smart accumulator, the placement of pole is not good :

3/ when I remove the smart accumulator, I have a error (and game stop) :

I'm on the last Smart Circuit Systems version with 0.11.7 version of the game.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

0.11.7 has some new system of placing stuff, so most of the items in this mod don't work anymore. If you're continuing from a save that you started in an earlier version, the mod items seem to work, but no guarantees when mining them.

Sorry about that, I'll need to patch this, but I'm unsure if I can fix it for saves in which the items appear wrong.

Edit: Oh, and about that omni actuator, that's something you would have to ignore, as it's linked to some limitations in smart inserter behavior (which I can't change).

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I just wanted to test the mod (to make saves with poles from this mod loadable without the mod) and also encountered problems.

To make things clear, we moved from double position coordinates to fixed point (with 256 values per tile), there might be some problems related to this in your mode, I don't know how does it work exactly.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

kovarex wrote:To make things clear, we moved from double position coordinates to fixed point (with 256 values per tile), there might be some problems related to this in your mode, I don't know how does it work exactly.
It seems that the position given in the onbuiltentity event receives an entity object that has a position, which is different from the position accepted in game.createentity. Either that, or entity tile alignment is broken. I would have to test a bit more to be sure what is actually going wrong.

To be slightly clearer, this example code is used by electric switches (which I've observed going wrong):

local pos = actuator.position

local poleA
local poleB
if IsVertical(actuator) then
	game.createentity{name = "smart-pole-deco-vertical", position = pos}
	poleA = game.createentity{name = "south-node", position = {x = pos.x, y = pos.y + 1}}
	poleB = game.createentity{name = "north-node", position = {x = pos.x, y = pos.y - 1}}
else
	game.createentity{name = "smart-pole-deco-horizontal", position = pos}
	poleA = game.createentity{name = "east-node", position = {x = pos.x + 1, y = pos.y}}
	poleB = game.createentity{name = "west-node", position = {x = pos.x - 1, y = pos.y}}
end
In this code, the actuator is an entity of type smart-inserter, and this snippet is called during the onbuiltentity event. From fregate84's post, it looks like this bug occurs with all items from the mod that use createentity.

Btw, good to see you looking here kovarex, it would be unproductive for me to fix the mod if this behavior change is unintended (that, and I'm a lazy fuck).

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

It seems I can fix the issues using

flags = {"placeable-off-grid"}
in all prototypes that are placed using game.createentity (tested with electric switches, other items might still go wrong). This does feel like a bug in the base game, so I will first report it as a bug before doing anything else.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, of course the position is different.

When you order to create entity with size 1X1 to be built on {0, 0}, it is actually created at {0.5, 0.5} (or other nearest center of the tile for different positions).

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Just for clarification on what I tried, I tried changing the position offsets of the poles I place (the nodes in the code snippet) with various offsets (both positive and negative in range 0-1). At this point, the prototypes don't have the grid flag enabled.
You would think this places them on the grid. It doesn't. It actually places them with an offset from where they should go, an offset of [0.5, 0.5].

But the actual cause of this happening now, and not in versions prior to 0.11.7, is apparently some change in how collision_box is parsed. It's the most isolated case in which I could reproduce the problem occurring. I've added this to the bug report.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Smart Circuit Systems - 0.3.7

Post by Kikkers »

Decided the bug might be too specific, so I made a workaround. For those of you that have saves from mod 0.3.6 and factorio 0.11.7, please be patient, your save might be recoverable in the next factorio patch.

Mod version is now 0.3.7

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

Don't work anymore.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

I feel I should take a break on the mod updates as other things IRL need some attention. I'd rather wait for a new stable, primarily as some optimization things influence the mod workings in strange ways (last fix was also due to this).

The mod is public domain (to be obsolete relatively soon anyway), so you're welcome to try to fix issues if you find it necessary.

zaubara
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zaubara »

I've got it running in 0.11.10, changing line 13 in file prototypes\actuator-entity.lua from:

pickup_position = {0, -0.4},
to:

pickup_position = {0, -0.2},
Seems to work as before, but I am not sure :)
Attachments
Smart-Circuit-Systems_0.3.7.zip
Smart Circuit System 0.3.7 fixed for Factorio 0.11.10
(228.88 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

yes, but now not working fine when actuator are on up or bottom way (bug work with right or left)

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

Kikkers wrote:I feel I should take a break on the mod updates as other things IRL need some attention. I'd rather wait for a new stable, primarily as some optimization things influence the mod workings in strange ways (last fix was also due to this).

The mod is public domain (to be obsolete relatively soon anyway), so you're welcome to try to fix issues if you find it necessary.
It won't be obsolete until the omni-actuator and smart tank are part of vanilla. But I'm glad to see the devs liked this sort of idea enough to include it. :)
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

It only pretends to work with trains, interestingly enough. If the train is immobile, and you place an actuator, it binds to it fine. However, if the train leaves then comes back, the actuator no longer considers it to be connected.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

mayorovp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mayorovp »

Error None: Error while loading entity prototype "south-node" (electric-pole): No such node (frame_width)

Return to “Mods”