[0.11.6] tno Modpack V2.8

Topics and discussion about specific mods
oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack

Post by oktabyte »

dunpealhunter wrote: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=6227 This one basically speaks for itself, a belt blocker that i found in the past to be very useful.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=5973 This one adds the possibility to have a storage on top of a belt. Very useful for storing items and saving space.
those really are useful :D I would really like them, too
dunpealhunter wrote: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=5981 A mod that adds the possibility of making longer underground belts.
I really like the idea of having tiered belts like the ones that are currently ingame, with bigger reach as you progress through faster belts. I think this mod would kinda ruin the fun of that

Yesterday I spend about 2 hours on a fancy new test, going for a new map without a starting zone. Most maps you die withing 1-6 seconds but in the end, after disabling the pollution based evolution i managed to get a few things done. It was a nice challange though :D

A few pics nicely orderd and descibed :D
https://imgur.com/a/ipyCG

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

TY for the bug reports very helpfull :p

I will concider some of them, just remember those that are 10.x is not supported by 11.x so they might take longer to put in due to the fact I have got to manually fix them :p

Also I thought that I had added those stone gears and such to a different category and all, so it technically is another recipe so the old stone gear recipe (as an example) should not have been touched at all (original one)

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

After a while of more testing, time to start the let's play :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOhjoJwjoBI

I really like this pack

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Glad you like it :)

Added a version.txt inside the main folder so you always know what version you are using xD

Also latest version has been increased alot xD

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

wow these changes... looks like i will enjoy the game without going for the hardcore experience again :D
Looks so hard now... Let me try that once the 0.11.4 is out with a friend :D

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

hahaha use 1.7 instead :p alot of removed and added stuff instead :p - updating it to 11.4 atm

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

Is it just me or is the map spawning normal ores in multiplayer?

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

It should not Oo
OHHHHH YEAH I REMEMBER I gotta update it manually there was that bug xD

Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

OGM, I am so glad I DL'd this mod. I love it! What a great concept, thank you so much for the time you invested in making this and please keep up the GREAT work!

I Love to play a turtle type strategy building clean and neat and slowly expanding out through "maxed out" mob settings, and this pack is perfect!

drakie_san
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drakie_san »

Hi, I has a little problem, when i start new world, it spawns ores (like iron, copper, even wood, etc...) even if i has vanilla base disabled. Could you please post how to install this modpack?

P.S.: Path _base_/graphics/entity//worm/worm-attack-mask-02.png does not match any mod

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

drakie_san wrote:Hi, I has a little problem, when i start new world, it spawns ores (like iron, copper, even wood, etc...) even if i has vanilla base disabled. Could you please post how to install this modpack?

P.S.: Path _base_/graphics/entity//worm/worm-attack-mask-02.png does not match any mod
1. go to the forum page and download the version of the pack that you want to play. the new versions changed a lot, bt you probably just want to go to the top dropbox link. Check out the changelog in the second post to make sure, which version of factorio it has been updated to.
2. Head over to the factorio website, click on download (you have to be signed in), then click on "experimental releases" (as long as the modpack is running on the experimental verisons of the game that is). Look for the version that fits the version described earlier and download the correct version. I would recommend downloading the .zip file.
3. Extract it to a location of your choice
4. Go into the config-path.cfg and change the top line to config-path=/config
5. run the game once
6. inside the folder there should now be a mods folder. replace the content of that folder with the content of the mod zip.
7. Enjoy your game

If you are running the 1.9 version of the dropbox zip you might need to delete the "Modpack-Base_0.11.4" folder

drakie_san
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drakie_san »

It's still loading from vanilla Base... still spawning ores... don't know what i'm doing wrong, i had keep on your instructions.

p.s.: I just redownloaded and completely reinstalled game but still same.

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

drakie_san wrote:It's still loading from vanilla Base... still spawning ores... don't know what i'm doing wrong, i had keep on your instructions.

when selecting generation options, is there an entry for the vanilla ores? If there isn't you are either not using the v. 1.9 or still have the modpack base 0.11.4 inside the mods folder. delete it
else set the size of the ores in generation to none

drakie_san
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drakie_san »

oktabyte wrote:
drakie_san wrote:It's still loading from vanilla Base... still spawning ores... don't know what i'm doing wrong, i had keep on your instructions.

when selecting generation options, is there an entry for the vanilla ores? If there isn't you are either not using the v. 1.9 or still have the modpack base 0.11.4 inside the mods folder. delete it
else set the size of the ores in generation to none

Yes, there is in map generator options for vanilla ores, i don't know why, i had done it, but i can't disable trees...

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

drakie_san wrote:Yes, there is in map generator options for vanilla ores, i don't know why, i had done it, but i can't disable trees...
I wish there was a way to not have forests spawn, but with the termites that should be fine

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

@drakie_san
Check in your mod config in the game drakie_savn make sure base is disabled, and the modpack_base 11.5 is there :p

@oktabyte
Well I actually like that the forests are there mainly since they take away some of the pollution :p

Anathera
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack V2.2

Post by Anathera »

Either im just an idiot or the modpack is totally broken. i cant get it to work no matter what i do. i only get this message.

Last edited by Anathera on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Do you use 11.5? or do you use 11.3?

Anathera
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anathera »

11.5 ofc

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Hmm that is weird as that error I only saw come in 11.3 not in the 11.5 version Oo If you are
Try use the just released V2.3 - I might have fixed that error. Cause I did some changes to that part of the control.lua

#Off
V2.4 released

Return to “Mods”