Post by Airat9000 »

:D more more research!!!

thanks!

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.8] Infinite Research

Post by Schmendrick »

A friend of mine was using this mod but didn't quite understand the purpose; he thought the infinite research came in infinite levels (I assume because he wanted to be able to see his progress toward infinity), instead of just one big 'sink'. Current Factorio doesn't really let you do this, exactly, so instead I wrote him this modification. It simply converts each of the Infinite techs into 99 levels of increasingly costly tech, starting fairly modestly (100 points) and ending with level 99 being the same as Infinite Research's initial level. For those who want to research "infinitely" but still have a trophy case to gaze proudly at.

I hope oktabyte doesn't have a problem with me posting this.
Attachments
infinite_research_0.0.2.zip
(7.99 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Schmendrick wrote:A friend of mine was using this mod but didn't quite understand the purpose; he thought the infinite research came in infinite levels (I assume because he wanted to be able to see his progress toward infinity), instead of just one big 'sink'. Current Factorio doesn't really let you do this, exactly, so instead I wrote him this modification. It simply converts each of the Infinite techs into 99 levels of increasingly costly tech, starting fairly modestly (100 points) and ending with level 99 being the same as Infinite Research's initial level. For those who want to research "infinitely" but still have a trophy case to gaze proudly at.

I hope oktabyte doesn't have a problem with me posting this.
skalar mod not work bug
i am upload file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bry14xvwhcr8f ... 0.rar?dl=0
fix thanks

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

That's... weird.

In my Factorio, level 94 is 850000000 packs. I just checked with both 32 and 64 bit versions. I'm not sure why you have that error!

Is anybody else having it?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Schmendrick wrote:That's... weird.

In my Factorio, level 94 is 850000000 packs. I just checked with both 32 and 64 bit versions. I'm not sure why you have that error!

Is anybody else having it?
No you do not understand, there's a little bug compatibility mode because of this.
he seems to be increasing the cost, time, etc. for the technology.

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

Ok, I understand now.

Scalar was set to detect technologies specifically with the "infinite" values and avoid adjusting them.

0.0.3 Edited to place itself after Scalar in priority, so Scalar won't touch its values.

Alternately, you could go into the Scalar mod's data-final-fixes.lua and change lines 16-18 to be

Code: Select all

if ENABLE_TECH_COUNT_SCALING then
				-- Note: "tech counts maxed at 2000000000" to avoid overflow
				local tempCount = math.min(math.floor(tech.unit.count * TECH_COUNT_SCALE), 2000000000)
Attachments
infinite_research_0.0.3.zip
(8.03 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

Return to “Mods”