[0.11.x](1.1.0) Dynamic Expansion (Feel the wrath!)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
djinn6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.x](1.1.0) Dynamic Expansion (Feel the wrath!)

Post by djinn6 »

XyLe wrote:
AlyxDeLunar wrote:Depending on the level, the evolution factor will be reduced (but no lower than 0.10).
Level 1: Reduces by .001
Level 2: Reduces by .0015
Level 3: Reduces by .0025
This way, potentially, you aren't always stuck at the highest level of evolution forever.
I'm interested in how this idea works. it would be great if you could clarify it for me. Because i don't really want to dig the code since i'm practically unfamiliar with lua. Maybe an example would be nice, let's say my evo factor is 0.6000

It's about that time in the game when big biters show up. How likely is it for lvl 3 expanding to take place?

How exactly does it work, at any point in time any level of biter expansion is possible? only the probability is different? obviously lvl1 is more likely, lvl 2 is less likely and lvl 3 is even less likely? what evo factor do you have to reach to make lvl 2 and lvl 3 possible at all? i doubt that every level is possible at 0.1. Or does lvl 2 always start after lvl 1 and once lvl 1 is over it's never gonna happen again?

And the most important thing about that reduction of evo factor - does it only work once each time they enter expansion mode? i mean if they take a few bases in a 1-3 minute window, does it mean for all the bases they spawn i get a reduction of evo factor by .0025 ? or is the value .0025 applied each time they take one new base? considering multiple and random amount of bases they can take it makes a huge difference.

evo factor increases significantly every time you kill their nest. so i'm guessing if every time they spawn bases you go to destroy those bases , you probably increase evo factor more than it reduces with the mod mechanics. so you'll be stuck at high evolution factor anyways. or am i wrong?

thank you )

My understanding from reading the code:
The game starts on peaceful mode. For every minute spent in that mode with evolution factor > 0.1, the expansion chance is recalculated - a random value between 100 * (evolution factor) and 100 * (evolution factor + 1).

If the chance is > 100, the game switches to level 1 expansion mode.
If the chance is > 140, it's level 2.
And if the chance is > 190, it's level 3.

The time spent in each mode is random:
Level 1: Between 2 and 5 minutes
Level 2: Between 1.5 and 4 minutes
Level 3: Between 1 and 3 minutes
At the end of the expansion mode, the evolution factor is reduced, and the game returns to peaceful mode.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

djinn6 wrote: My understanding from reading the code:
The game starts on peaceful mode. For every minute spent in that mode with evolution factor > 0.1, the expansion chance is recalculated - a random value between 100 * (evolution factor) and 100 * (evolution factor + 1).

If the chance is > 100, the game switches to level 1 expansion mode.
If the chance is > 140, it's level 2.
And if the chance is > 190, it's level 3.

The time spent in each mode is random:
Level 1: Between 2 and 5 minutes
Level 2: Between 1.5 and 4 minutes
Level 3: Between 1 and 3 minutes
At the end of the expansion mode, the evolution factor is reduced, and the game returns to peaceful mode.
This is a great explanation, thanks a lot!

Yolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yolan »

This mod combined with Resource Spawner Overhaul and Energy Crisis is brutal...

Yolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yolan »

Any update of this mod on the way?

AmbulatoryCortex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AmbulatoryCortex »

Yolan wrote:Any update of this mod on the way?
I updated it the day before you asked that. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 20&t=14101

Return to “Mods”