Topics and discussion about specific mods
katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.16+] Logistics Wagons 0.2.3

Post by katyal »

Disregard this it was due to my own butterfingers

Found typo on line 125 of proxywagon.lua "prwoxy" should be "proxy"
Last edited by katyal on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

katyal wrote:Found typo on line 125 of proxywagon.lua "prwoxy" should be "proxy"
Hi, I can't find that in my current code base. Is this in the latest version? The file on github doesn't show it.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Sorry must have been put there by me when I was trying to troubleshoot, my bad I spoke too quickly. I should have actually done a fresh download and confirmed it was there in your version before reporting but I was afraid I'd forget.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

katyal wrote:Sorry must have been put there by me when I was trying to troubleshoot, my bad I spoke too quickly. I should have actually done a fresh download and confirmed it was there in your version before reporting but I was afraid I'd forget.
No worries. Did you have an issue with it that you tried to resolve? I'm currently not aware of any bugs but I'd be happy to fix anything if you're experiencing a bug.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Have you considered making a roboport wagon? I'd love to have robots and supplies on the train, place a track segment blueprint, and have the robots fly around placing everything. Right now I'm doing this with 'pocket bots' but these can't use the logistic wagon so I have to take the track of the wagon. (They also have a limited range.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

I'm having a slight problem with filters and storage wagons. Namely that they don't seem to work right.
The robots seem to obey the filtered rules at first but once all the filtered slots (in wagons) are full they try to place them into wagons where the filters don't match. (Assuming there's room in other wagons.)

Scenario:
3 storage wagons, each filtered so there's one wagon for each type. One for wood, one for straight rails, one for curved rails.
A crap ton of wood, straight rails, and curved rails. (There are only active providers filled with the three types in the network.)
Once any one of these wagons is full the bots will try to place the remainder into the other wagons. (Ones filtered against such items.)
The thing is they succeed, sort-of; it never makes it into the train though. I'm guessing they're able to place the item into the logistic proxy chest but this never gets placed into the train since the filters don't match. At this point the bots get stuck hovering over the train. Any attempt to manually alter the wagon inventory (removing a stack or so) or moving the train 'resets' the proxy and more bots get stuck trying to add items into the wagon.

Is this because you can filter trains but not logistic chests? (And not fixable.) Or is this just not working as intended?

Here's some picks. (The center wagon is half full):
Before.png
Before.png (261.17 KiB) Viewed 6916 times
I took one stack of wood out of the right one then moved the train a few feet:
After.png
After.png (480.14 KiB) Viewed 6916 times
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

MasterBuilder wrote:Have you considered making a roboport wagon? I'd love to have robots and supplies on the train, place a track segment blueprint, and have the robots fly around placing everything. Right now I'm doing this with 'pocket bots' but these can't use the logistic wagon so I have to take the track of the wagon. (They also have a limited range.)
I kind of want to do that, but I want to do it in a balanced way. The idea I had was to use the power source for the train to move electricity to the roboport as that would make sense. I couldn't get that to work with my quick tests though but I might take a stab at it again soonish.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

MasterBuilder wrote:I'm having a slight problem with filters and storage wagons. Namely that they don't seem to work right.
The robots seem to obey the filtered rules at first but once all the filtered slots (in wagons) are full they try to place them into wagons where the filters don't match. (Assuming there's room in other wagons.)

Scenario:
3 storage wagons, each filtered so there's one wagon for each type. One for wood, one for straight rails, one for curved rails.
A crap ton of wood, straight rails, and curved rails. (There are only active providers filled with the three types in the network.)
Once any one of these wagons is full the bots will try to place the remainder into the other wagons. (Ones filtered against such items.)
The thing is they succeed, sort-of; it never makes it into the train though. I'm guessing they're able to place the item into the logistic proxy chest but this never gets placed into the train since the filters don't match. At this point the bots get stuck hovering over the train. Any attempt to manually alter the wagon inventory (removing a stack or so) or moving the train 'resets' the proxy and more bots get stuck trying to add items into the wagon.

Is this because you can filter trains but not logistic chests? (And not fixable.) Or is this just not working as intended?
I'm not quite sure I follow, I would probably have to sit down and try this out a bit more to see if I can reproduce it. Savegame would probably help here.

At any rate, when you say filter, do you mean that you filter the number of slots? I haven't played for a while but I didn't think you could filter the items that were allowed in to a cargo wagon.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

gnz wrote:I'm not quite sure I follow, I would probably have to sit down and try this out a bit more to see if I can reproduce it. Savegame would probably help here.

At any rate, when you say filter, do you mean that you filter the number of slots? I haven't played for a while but I didn't think you could filter the items that were allowed in to a cargo wagon.
By filtered wagons I mean this:
Filtered.png
Filtered.png (152.19 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
You can filter the slots within a wagon. (Any wagon, not just logistic ones.) This will stop things like inserters from putting things that don't match the filter into the wagon.
What I was trying to describe is that logistic bots will try to obey these filters as well... Up to a point; and that's the problem.

If there's room to do so, the bots obey the filter. If there isn't they put in in whichever wagon that has room even if the filters won't allow it.
This does seem unique to logistic wagons though as you can't apply filters to logistic chests, but you can filter any wagon. (That's why I'm not sure if this is actually fixable or if the devs need to make logistic chests filterable.)

Here's a test map. Just put the bots in the roboport and watch. (Check the filters on the wagons first so you see.)
Once the wagon filtered for iron is full the bots will put iron into a wagon filtered for copper. This seems to fill the logistic proxy chest/enitity even though none of this actually makes it into the wagons inventory.
Moving the train or altering the problem wagon's inventory 'resets' the proxy's contents and the bots begin again.

Here's another image:
Problem.png
Problem.png (194.06 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
(The first wagon is filtered to only accept iron. The right two only accept copper.
You can see that once the iron wagon is full they try to put it into the middle (copper only) one and fail.

Here's an archive containing the save and mods.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Hello,

I found a bug regarding the mod. The wagons accepts items even it's full in some occasions, specially when messing with filtered items. It seems that it deletes the items. Let me explain the setup:
- The rail goes through the middle (NOT part of the logistic network), and inserters + requester chests on the side (they are part of the logistic network)
- The wagons stops, it should refill the wagon in the middle, and then the train moves on.

I have a bunch of different filters inside each wagon, since this is my prototype for one shot building bases on the go. The video is in low resolution just to demonstrate, the picture you can see better the setup (although not the issue).

The inserters keep inserting Big Eletric Pole and Fast Inserters into the wagon, even if it doesn't accept those anymore. The items vanishes =\

Picture: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/327 ... wagons.png

Video (480p): https://youtu.be/6XPm74t_Mc0

Rappy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rappy »

when ever I start the game with this mod in the mod folder im getting an error that says error with assignID, entity with name "huge-explosion" does not exist.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Rappy wrote:when ever I start the game with this mod in the mod folder im getting an error that says error with assignID, entity with name "huge-explosion" does not exist.
This mod is for Factorio 0.11.x only and won't work on current (0.12) versions.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

Can you please upgrade this to 13?

MissUnikitty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MissUnikitty »

Hi,i really find this mod useful and interesting.
Any change of this mod being updated to 0.14 ?
If it's ok ,i could give it a try. i always wanted to start learning some modding.

Return to “Mods”