Beautiful Sushi Belts

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Beautiful Sushi Belts

Post by mmmPI »

Tertius wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:29 pm
xaetral wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:00 am
Just because the research is stopped doesn't mean the belt is 😄
Yes it is:
This is no proof !

When the research stop, the belt doesn't have to stop either.

You stopped the belt, which broke the setup but the claim i understood as : you can take or stop taking science from the belt ( like inserter would do when putting in lab); not stop and go the belt.

xaetral
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xaetral »

Thank you for explaining it, you did understood right 👍
It's just like a real sushi belt restaurant, you're free to pick plates or not, but don't block the belt or the other customers will get angry (and hungry) 😋

I totally admit this may be an issue when building or modifying the setup though.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

It seems I was in error by just interrupting the belt. Using real labs that pass through all items in the worst case will not make the belt fill up with no gaps. The rate limiting actually works as long as the belt is not stalled, and with the given setup it will not stall without manual intervention. It really produces gaps if one or more packs are missing, and the place where a missing pack is supposed to be placed will not be occupied by some other pack still available.

In all previous sushi belt setups I used for science production, it happened sooner or later that if some single pack was provided less than other packs, areas on the belt were created with that pack missing, but the gaps for the missing pack were filled by other packs. So the mixer had to stall the returning belt items to fit this pack later, and this stalling made the whole belt stall after some time. This doesn't happen here, since the gaps are preserved.
Sorry for my complaint!

xaetral
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xaetral »

No problem! My bad on expecting everyone to know what rate-limited sushi is.

BTW I think I have my setup for the 12 science packs of the expansion, can't wait to try that out :D

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

xaetral wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:54 pm
No problem! My bad on expecting everyone to know what rate-limited sushi is.

BTW I think I have my setup for the 12 science packs of the expansion, can't wait to try that out :D
Well, with rate limiting there really isn't any magic to it. And with 12 that is 6 per side or half a yellow belt each. It's even simpler than the 7 science packs of vanilla.

So keep the part that puts packs on only one side of the belt and the filter of returning items. Then merge 2 packs each with a yellow splitter and side load onto a blue belt. Done.

One tip though: Put a output filter "deconstruction planer" on the splitters where only one output is used and you won't waste any science packs just sitting at the dead end.

xaetral
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xaetral »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:03 am
Well, with rate limiting there really isn't any magic to it. And with 12 that is 6 per side or half a yellow belt each. It's even simpler than the 7 science packs of vanilla.
Ahah how cute, when I mean "for the expansion" I really mean it! Which means I take into consideration the new belt as well (and stacking for the allowed SPM computation).
So for that I built 1/3 limiters in fast belts because when it will go on the new belt which is twice as fast it will turn into 1/6 (so 1/12 for the two side belts).
At the end it's about 2 tiles wider than the vanilla one and should be enough for 1200 SPM.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”