Megabase (2000 SPM, Vanilla, VTN)

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
PMAP
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Megabase (2000 SPM, Vanilla, VTN)

Post by PMAP »

Introduction
Hello everyone and thanks to Google Translator.
Overview
Science
The main purpose of this base was to (over)load the VTN system and check how it copes or not. I can tell you the result right away - it does an excellent job.

I didn’t use any modifications, editor or cheats, but I picked a light seed for the map, was protected from enemies by water, which allowed me to build safely.
During the expansion, I recaptured a couple of islands and this was already enough for 2000 SPM.
After construction was completed, I went to two more islands and set up defenses there, as an example of the use of special VTN stations.

Everything except the balancers on this base was drawn by me from scratch. Of course, I borrowed some ideas from the Internet.
I took the book of balancers on blue belts from the site https://factorioprints.com/.

I almost forgot about the digital display, I took it here. It's next to the station where I experimented with VTN. Now the station is switched off, and the board displays the number of train departures for requests.

In the wreckage of the initial ship there is a book with VTN and a book with defense blueprints.
Starter location
UPS
In the absence of research, it shows 60.
Before research
But with active and prolonged research, it drops to 40.
After much research
The VTN system is based on combinators, on this map they are:
- 6.1k decider combinators;
- 2.2k arithmetic combinators.
This has a noticeable impact on performance.
No optimization was carried out; there are intentionally more VTN request stations here than needed: a total of 390, of which 208 are request stations.
All stations
Some trains
Cityblocks
When building the base, I used a blueprint of a 5x5 chunk city block from the VTN book.
There are also modifications for 6x6 (starting location) and 6x5 (from the starting location to the sides).
Thanks to city blocks, expanding production was easy, I simply copied ready-made blocks with stations, added trains and that’s it.
Production
Basically, one resource is produced in one city block, where there is always a regular VTN station supplying this resource with its own trains and from 1 to 3 regular VTN stations requesting the necessary components.
Fortunately, it was better to minimize the number of request stations, that is, to request two or more resources per station, but the purpose of this base was to load the VTN system.
For example, near the starting location there are several industries with a request for more than one resource per station. There are also two production facilities that supply more than one resource: a station for the supply of level 3 modules and a station for the supply of drones with repair kits.
Energy
The main power source is an expandable facility on 92 reactors (2x46) generating 14.5 GW. The design and development are mine, description and blueprint here.
A few solar farms of 350 MW have also been installed.
Defense
The outpost is built around a special VTN request station.
Outpost
In the provided save, the artillery is asleep (disabled), move the train in the screenshot to the "Auto" position and the artillery will start firing.
The supply train also includes a carriage with artillery, but I do not load it with shells; they can be requested in request chests.
Activate artillery
Save
You can download it from here.
Game version: 1.1.104
Some screenshots
Electronic circuits
Steel
Smelting
Refuel
Petroleum gas
Labs
Kovarex