[0.9.1] Construction Bots Not Iterating Through Queue

Bugs that are actually features.
Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.9.1] Construction Bots Not Iterating Through Queue

Post by Darthlawsuit »

I told some construction bots to deconstruct some buildings but instead of processing one building then moving to the next they just hover over the deconstruction doing nothing. They seem to not be iterating through the deconstruction Queue. I only set one deconstruction area. They do go back and get power when they run out

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y61ubk

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.9.1] Construction Bots Not Iterating Through Queue

Post by ssilk »

Where could they place the deconstructed stuff? Do you have a storage chest near? Request it yourself?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

curious...I'd think even if he forgot a storage chest to drop stuff in, they'd still go out and grab the deconstructed items, and just hold them until they found someplace to put it?

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

They require storage chests to work? Strange they give us deconstruction plans before we have storage chests. I thought The roboport would have some storage capacity since storage chests were in the next tech level.
curious...I'd think even if he forgot a storage chest to drop stuff in, they'd still go out and grab the deconstructed items, and just hold them until they found someplace to put it?
They go out and grab stuff then hold onto it non-stop. So we get deconstruction plans in a tech level before storage chests which locks up construction bots =/

Ok I guess this isn't a bug then more of a balance issue.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, I believe they should put things into the player inventory in this case (no storage chests), but it is more of a balancing/feature request not really a bug.
(Added to issues for 0.10)

Spider
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spider »

A "deconstruction chest" where only the construction robots can get/store stuff would be nice. Some players (like me) don't use storage chests. If i plant only one of these storage chest in my base all hell breaks loose because every logistics robot swarms out to get resources from all my provider chests.

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

Spider wrote:A "deconstruction chest" where only the construction robots can get/store stuff would be nice. Some players (like me) don't use storage chests. If i plant only one of these storage chest in my base all hell breaks loose because every logistics robot swarms out to get resources from all my provider chests.
See this thread for an alternate solution.

Return to “Not a bug”