[0.10.0] Can't fire at an empty spot

Bugs that are actually features.
roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.10.0] Can't fire at an empty spot

Post by roman566 »

After starting a new game I cannot fire at empty spot, I have to target something, be it enemy, building or a tree. It makes combat rather annoying as it's now impossible to point the gun at the enemy direction and spam bullets at them. Every shots NEEDS a target.
Replication - start a new game in 0.10, in old save game it worked fine.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Can't fire at an empty spot

Post by FishSandwich »

It works for me with the shotgun, and as far as I'm aware it's meant to be that way for the other weapons.

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

FishSandwich wrote:It works for me with the shotgun, and as far as I'm aware it's meant to be that way for the other weapons.
Oh, I did not know that. Never using anything besides shotgun and suddenly trying to use the pistol.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

roman566 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:It works for me with the shotgun, and as far as I'm aware it's meant to be that way for the other weapons.
Oh, I did not know that. Never using anything besides shotgun and suddenly trying to use the pistol.
Yeah, the other guns are meant to be 'auto' targeted (when you press the spacebar they shoot at the whatever enemy is nearest the cursor). The hm, 'selected' fire is really meant for when you want to target one of your own buildings (or trees), since the spacebar does not target non-enemies.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Moving to not a bug.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Not a bug”