Wrong icon in electric network window

Bugs that are actually features.
Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Wrong icon in electric network window

Post by Taehl »

I'm making a mod which updates some of the game's icons. I just noticed that my new Electric Mining Drill icon, which is fine in inventory and chests and whatnot, isn't used in the electric network window.
Icon discrepancy
Icon discrepancy
icon-bug.png (90.39 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Two things worthy of note:
1) About "base->IconFix->Tmod"... Tmod changes .default_request_amount of every item to 1, but otherwise doesn't touch the mining drill.
2) I didn't think about it until after I took the pictures, but I noticed that while mousing-over the icon on the left gives you the "base->IconFix->Tmod", it's not present in the mouse-over on the right... But both of them have "base->UsefulMapColors". No idea why that would be.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wrong icon in electric network window

Post by prg »

Did you also change the entity's icon, or only the item's?
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Electric network icon is from the entity prototype, not item

Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taehl »

To change one icon for one thing, I have to declare it in more than one place? That's counter-intuitive and leaves open the doors for error. Do I need to do this for every icon? Are there any other places I have to declare it?

We really need that "able to replace graphics without having to code it and require multiplayer synch" feature.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Taehl wrote:To change one icon for one thing, I have to declare it in more than one place? That's counter-intuitive and leaves open the doors for error. Do I need to do this for every icon? Are there any other places I have to declare it?

We really need that "able to replace graphics without having to code it and require multiplayer synch" feature.
Well they aren't the same thing,
There is the item definition, and the entity definition, the only relation between them is that you use the item to place the entity. So yes pretty much you have to do this for every entity as well as every item.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

An item is not the same thing as an entity. Multiple items with their own icon each could be used to place the same entity. Mining an entity can result in multiple items. Which icon should be used for the entity if it's not explicitly specified then?
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taehl »

Mining an entity can result in multiple items (beside anything "contained" in it such as ore or modules)? Isn't data.raw[type][item].mineable.result a string, not a table?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Taehl wrote:Mining an entity can result in multiple items (beside anything "contained" in it such as ore or modules)? Isn't data.raw[type][item].mineable.result a string, not a table?
According to http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.12.30/Lua ... properties it is products :: array of Product: Products obtained by mining this entity.

But this is off-topic, if you need more advice on that create a new topic in the appropiate subforum.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Not a bug”