Ineventory dissapeared....

Bugs that are actually features.
Subzero22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ineventory dissapeared....

Post by Subzero22 »

I was playing a game for awhile and got a large base built up and running. The base still has everything but everything on my character and even the settings for my bots to bring me stuff and keep my inventory stocked up dissapeared. I'm thinking this has to do with something with multi player as I never came across this problem before and it's like I just started off again and I had a problem with the person who joined that kept desyncing. I even went to the auto saves as my backup and all 3 of them my inv is gone. Well it's not like entirely gone there is some stuff in it but It looks like the inv that the person had as my power armor, weapons, everything else I had even in my hotbar is missing.

Here's the weird thing. When I just got the idea before hitting submit to go and load the exact same saves in multiplayer instead of single player all my stuff came back. For some unknown reason the game also asked me to put the username I'd like to play as and somehow that fixed the problem. I then went and did a seperate save and in single player every save file seems to have my items back even the older ones... I'm trying to figure out why and how in the world it did this... I mean if this is going to happen any time I want to play multi player and then switch to single player I'll just forget it... How did it even forget the name I wanted my username to be in the first place when it asked me that question a long time ago...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Ineventory dissapeared....

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

This is due to multiplayer usernames being used to identify you,

In single player if you haven't chosen a nickname, you are just player, and then when you load it as a multiplayer map your player character is migrated to your multiplayer username

fwyrl
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Ineventory dissapeared....

Post by fwyrl »

It looks like saves from 0.12.x are not having their MP names imported in 0.13.2. Don't know why, but a fix would be good.

I had to grab a hexeditor and bring up the server file - thankfully that still had my username in there, or I'd have been guessing for a long time (though, where are user inventories saved?).

Return to “Not a bug”