Inserter weirdness 0.13.17 (build 23946, win64, steam)

Bugs that are actually features.
BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Inserter weirdness 0.13.17 (build 23946, win64, steam)

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

I have downloaded this experimental version through the Steam client for Factorio, and Inserters are not behaving correctly. They will not consistently pick items up off conveyors and appear to jostle each other when two Inserters try to pick up the same item but neither actually gets the item. Happens often whenever inserters are placed on opposite sides of the same conveyor, such as a feeder belt containing coal and something to be smelted, such as iron, and the Inserters are not picking up Iron or other smeltables from the belts.

This is a rather weird bug in the experimental release version listed in the post title, and impacts gameplay significantly as I cannot get ore processing working at all whilst they're not working properly!

I'm hoping an experimental version that fixes this bug will come out for the Steam client soon!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Inserter weirdness 0.13.17 (build 23946, win64, steam)

Post by TruePikachu »

Are you able to reproduce this issue in 0.13.15?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

That sounds like the inserter is out of power or low on power.

Please upload your save file.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

Rseding91 wrote:That sounds like the inserter is out of power or low on power.

Please upload your save file.
How do I find and upload that through Steam? The only Factorio file folder I can find is from prior to migrating to the Steam client, and this file most definitely is not the Steam version as they differ in version numbers when run.

It appears Steam obfuscates where games are kept on my hard drive, rather annoying when I have to go hunt it down in order to manually upload it's save file.

There's a possibility I may be able to upload it to the Steam Workshop, to view/access publicly, if that is successful, I'll put a link here soon.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

BrickVoidFCT wrote:It appears Steam obfuscates where games are kept on my hard drive, rather annoying when I have to go hunt it down in order to manually upload it's save file.
%APPDATA%/Factorio/Saves is where the savegame is located.
The application itself is likely going to be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Factorio".

When you hover the mouse over a power pole supplying the inserters in question, is the power bar constantly full?

BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

Okay, this problem is now fixed, it's been a while since I played Factorio, totally forgot about making sure power providers are up to the task of supplying demand for power consumers! How do I unmark this as a bug or have this topic removed? :D

Thanks all for help! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Return to “Not a bug”