[0.11.1] Weird artifacts in music

Bugs that are actually features.
Kavukamari
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.1] Weird artifacts in music

Post by Kavukamari »

I'm not sure if this actually counts as a bug, and I'm also not sure if anyone else even perceives this, but when I have the factorio music on I can hear some weird warbly sound artifacts, as if maybe the file had been put through a noise remover or perhaps compressed badly.

The sound is similar to this, but more closer to those generic computer beepy noises they would have in scifi shows in the past
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/506 ... warble.wav (this is just a generic sound I found that almost sounds similar to the problem I'm talking about)

It's incredibly quiet in the actual song, you have to concentrate on it to notice, but once I noticed it, it started bothering me to the point where I had to turn the music down so I couldn't hear it anymore. It sounds like an error with the way the music was compressed, I think. Is it possible to get a higher quality song file by any chance?

Maybe I'm just crazy, does anyone else notice the audio artifacts in the music?

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] Weird artifacts in music

Post by sillyfly »

Well, the current music is a placeholder anyway. They have a musician working on an original soundtrack. So I don't think it's something you should worry about.
(unless you talk about the sound effects - I think those are original...)

Kavukamari
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kavukamari »

oh I didn't realize that.. Is the current song going to still be in the new soundtrack? or is it just going to be replaced?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I turned it off and use my own music. Much better.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Kavukamari
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kavukamari »

I kinda like factorio's music though, it's very relaxing and i already am quite used to it

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

sillyfly wrote:Well, the current music is a placeholder anyway. They have a musician working on an original soundtrack. So I don't think it's something you should worry about.
(unless you talk about the sound effects - I think those are original...)
That is right. Till then I consider it not a bug (though I can imagine it is annoying, sorry for that).

Return to “Not a bug”