[0.11.6]Aliens Spawning on Islands

Bugs that are actually features.
internetrush
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.6]Aliens Spawning on Islands

Post by internetrush »

Not sure if this is intended but i have several islands where enemies have spawned. I cannot get to the islands and the enemies are numerous enough to be able to shoot down my drones if i try to drop mines on them.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but if i cannot get to them whats the point of them being there?

Also they've killed several hundred drones as they attempt to make it across a lake on the map.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.6]Aliens Spawning on Islands

Post by Nova »

It is not intentionally that there are islands. It just happens because the maps are randomly generated. Generating maps without island is problematic, and as this not the main goal of this development stage of the game. There are many other things which need attention, island are considered "not so problematic to be a game breaker". Fixing most desyncs as possible in the mutliplayer is on a higher priority for the devs.

There will be no island in the finished game, and / or there will be a way to cross rivers and seas. Please be patient and wait for a solution.

... or you install the Landfill mod. With this mod you can craft things which can turn water into land.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

internetrush
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by internetrush »

Nova wrote:It is not intentionally that there are islands. It just happens because the maps are randomly generated. Generating maps without island is problematic, and as this not the main goal of this development stage of the game. There are many other things which need attention, island are considered "not so problematic to be a game breaker". Fixing most desyncs as possible in the mutliplayer is on a higher priority for the devs.

There will be no island in the finished game, and / or there will be a way to cross rivers and seas. Please be patient and wait for a solution.

... or you install the Landfill mod. With this mod you can craft things which can turn water into land.
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure devs are aware! :) very irritating to get end game and realize you are losing 100 drones an hour thanks to something you cant change.

PS: you guys are doing a great job and i look forward to every feature you add :). The game runs very smoothly despite the occasional desync / bug. Especially for alpha 0.11

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

World entirely without islands would feel weird

EDIT: Biters that spawned there should die from not-able-to-find-path.

Return to “Not a bug”