Heat energy source lacking detail

Place to report issues and suggest improvements to the API documentation.
MrSmoothieHuman
Inserter
Inserter

Heat energy source lacking detail

Post by MrSmoothieHuman »

Hello! i was just tinkering with heat exchangers and the prototype functions that come along with it, and i decided to check the wiki docs/API docs for some help. Unfortunately, a lot of them have very little to no descriptions (barring them being mandatory or optional) which makes it a lot harder to actually figure out what to do with brute forcing the numbers to get what you need.

Specifically, i am talking about specific_heat, and max_transfer - obviously, if you've done atleast one physics class you can understand what these words are, but making them work the way you want to can get confusing, plus the Type/Energy doesn't elaborate on them at all, if you thought that would explain more (like i did)
Overall, just a description on how these things work/how they affect heat transfer would do wonders to help newer modders like myself wrap their heads around new topic, like heat. :]
coder? i hardly know her!

curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Heat energy source lacking detail

Post by curiosity »

While I can guess what those two are supposed to mean, min_temperature_gradient completely baffles me.

MrSmoothieHuman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Heat energy source lacking detail

Post by MrSmoothieHuman »

curiosity wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 am
While I can guess what those two are supposed to mean, min_temperature_gradient completely baffles me.
that too honestly, should have mentioned it aswell - i've just been trying and failing with using the equation given in the heat exchangers wiki page to get the results i want
coder? i hardly know her!

Return to “Documentation Improvement Requests”