Is it possible to make the Lamppost Mod by Klonan rotatable?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Gords
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is it possible to make the Lamppost Mod by Klonan rotatable?

Post by Gords »

I really like the look of the lampposts that klonan made for his Concrete Lamppost mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/Concrete_Lamppost
However I tried to arrange the lampposts as pictured in the second image of the information section and found that it never really arranged themselves in that orientation.
I would like to know if its possible to make the same entity but where we can choose its orientation by making it rotatable?

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is it possible to make the Lamppost Mod by Klonan rotatable?

Post by aubergine18 »

I think you can rotate whilst placing, but not after they are placed. This is because the mod doesn't currently (last time I checked anyway) listen to the on_player_rotated_entity event. As long as the graphical sprites exist, it should be easy to update the mod to allow rotation both during and after placement.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Is it possible to make the Lamppost Mod by Klonan rotatable?

Post by Klonan »

aubergine18 wrote:I think you can rotate whilst placing, but not after they are placed. This is because the mod doesn't currently (last time I checked anyway) listen to the on_player_rotated_entity event. As long as the graphical sprites exist, it should be easy to update the mod to allow rotation both during and after placement.
Electric poles don't fire on_player_rotated :)

If they did i could fairly easily make the poles rotatable - But since they can't, i don't consider it worth solving

Return to “Modding help”