I need help(first mod->Accumulator)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Fr33Fun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I need help(first mod->Accumulator)

Post by Fr33Fun »

Well heyo,
I´m completly new to modding and have readed the Wiki Modding Tutorial and a bit from the forum(Thank you "FreeER" :D) and know a few basics of Lua.
So well
---------------------------
Error
Error while loading prototype "Accumulator+": No such node (usage_priority)

That is actually my problem and I completly don´t know what i have done wrong ;(
Well it adds an advanced Accumulator(Accumulator+) because this is my first mod and i didnt want to start with something super-huge :D
Well i hope somebodey can help me
Download:
chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!QFI1xKRA!EvwNoV04dM9UwKYtz434JiH9GemFv4o5eYO2IoP1Wtw
And sorry for any spelling mistakes :D

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: I need help(first mod->Accumulator)

Post by darius456 »

Fr33Fun wrote:Well heyo,
I´m completly new to modding and have readed the Wiki Modding Tutorial and a bit from the forum(Thank you "FreeER" :D) and know a few basics of Lua.
So well
Error
Error while loading prototype "Accumulator+": No such node (usage_priority)

That is actually my problem and I completly don´t know what i have done wrong ;(
Well it adds an advanced Accumulator(Accumulator+) because this is my first mod and i didnt want to start with something super-huge :D
Well i hope somebodey can help me
Download:
chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!QFI1xKRA!EvwNoV04dM9UwKYtz434JiH9GemFv4o5eYO2IoP1Wtw
And sorry for any spelling mistakes :D
Read this: LINK1
Read this too: LINK2
Lenovo Y580 8GB Ram GF660m 128GB SSD W7

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Fr33Fun wrote:Error while loading prototype "Accumulator+": No such node (usage_priority)
A 'node' is one of the properties like 'buffer_capacity' or 'icon', etc. So what this means is that it failed to find the property 'usage_priority' in the Accumulator+'s prototype. So to fix the error you'll need to give it one (it happens to go in the energy_source as seen in the base prototype files, like "usage_priority = "terciary"," (the possible values from what I can tell are "primary-input", "secondary-input", "primary-output", "secondary-output", and "terciary"). The usage_priority determines whether the accumulator is the first, second, or last entity to give power to the network (they are typically the last, 'terciary').

@darius456, did you read those pages? Because I didn't see the usage_priority listed on either :) (it's relatively new) Also, when looking at the C++ source it only seems to allow for electric energy sources not burner sources...
edit: I've edited the wiki to show usage_priority rather than input/output_priority (which no longer seems to be in the c++ source)

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

Yes truth, I have read my power limiter prototypes, and I have:

Code: Select all

energy_source =
    {
      type = "electric",
      buffer_capacity = "500kJ",  --5MJ
      usage_priority = "terciary",
      input_flow_limit = {value=10, ext="kW"},	
      output_flow_limit = {value=10, ext="kW"},
    },
Lenovo Y580 8GB Ram GF660m 128GB SSD W7

Fr33Fun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fr33Fun »

Actually i used this code from the wiki,changed some things and so on :)
well i have changed the priority ------but the errror is still there :/----
I´m telling shit its a other error xD
Error
Error while loading prototype "Accumulator+": No such node (ingredients)
OK

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Fr33Fun wrote:Error while loading prototype "Accumulator+": No such node (ingredients)
Hm, 'ingredients' wouldn't be for the entity prototype, and tech prototypes use effects, so this is most likely trying to load the recipe prototype named "Accumulator+" and failing to find the 'ingredients' node/property (assuming you did create them it may be misspelled). I'd look at the code myself but I don't have Chrome and so I've no idea how to download a chrome:// linked file :lol:

Fr33Fun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fr33Fun »

yes misspelled found it xD
but well again the first error with (usage_priority)

type = "electric",
output_priority = "terciary",
input_flow_limit = "1kW",
input_priority = "terciary",
output_flow_limit = "1kW",
buffer_capacity = "30KJ"

but this is ok like this or?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Fr33Fun wrote:input_priority = "terciary",
input_priority and output_priority no longer exist, they were replaced with usage_priority, which is why you are still getting an error about Factorio not finding a 'usage_priority' node. Change input_priority to usage_priority (and remove output_priority, accumulators use terciary for both input and output) and it should work :)
PS. I've updated the wiki now so that shouldn't be a problem for others, assuming it doesn't change again for some reason :)

Fr33Fun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fr33Fun »

yes thanks and i have uploaded the file to dropbox :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrdq5q7uk6ubeu2/Fr33Mods.rar (old version many simple errors :D)

Edit:
ok and now i have some issues with animations
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bliq3vbv59ns2 ... ods0.2.rar
this is the new version(with animation issues)
and i actually have -50 experience with graphics :|

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Fr33Fun wrote: i have uploaded the file to dropbox :D
Sorry for the delay, I got interrupted by family :) Ok, so the other errors I found are:
'advanced-electronic-circuit' in the recipe should be 'advanced-circuit'
all of your images are of type "jpg" but you used "png" in the prototypes
Your images are named "Advanced-accumulator..." but the prototypes have "Advanced_Accumulator..." (the case must be the same and the _ should be a -)
And in info.json the name is 'Fr33mod' when it should be 'Fr33mods' (that or you misnamed the folder and the mod name in the prototypes lol)

Btw, because you've used jpg, which does not support transparency (png does), the accumulator has a white 'ground' placed with it :)

Fr33Fun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fr33Fun »

okey thanks for that huge infos :)
That problem with the ciruit is already fixed
and ye to the pictures...as i saied i have no experience with that :D
Do you have any good program to do it(I used Adope Photoshop CC 2014 Test version....since 1 hour)
Can you maybe make a tutorial fro the wiki too :D?(would help me a lot :D) and how can i make transparent backgrounds again :D?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Fr33Fun wrote:Do you have any good program to do it
I typically use GIMP because it's free, but I also usually just modify the base game graphics, if you want to do new and detailed graphics I know that the dev artists use Blender (free 3d modeling program, I've very little experience with it myself) and then export an animation out (I've seen people mention a 'spritify' addon that helps), as for a tutorial, your best bet is probably YouTube :) Here's a list of some of the people I've subscribed to with videos (VscorpianC has both gimp and blender, I can't remember now if the others do...), of course you can just search for Gimp tutorial or blender tutorial if you like:
Blender SteVe
BlenderForNoobs
GIMPtricks
PhotoAdvanced and PhotoAdvanced2 (I think 2 is more inkscape which is vector art, meaning it can be scaled/resized without losing quality)
VscorpianC
And of course Photoshop is fine too (I think Maya is a popular non-free 3d program), but I don't have the money to spend on those :lol:

Colombo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colombo »

FreeER wrote:
Fr33Fun wrote:Do you have any good program to do it
I typically use GIMP because it's free, but I also usually just modify the base game graphics, if you want to do new and detailed graphics I know that the dev artists use Blender (free 3d modeling program, I've very little experience with it myself) and then export an animation out (I've seen people mention a 'spritify' addon that helps), as for a tutorial, your best bet is probably YouTube :) Here's a list of some of the people I've subscribed to with videos (VscorpianC has both gimp and blender, I can't remember now if the others do...), of course you can just search for Gimp tutorial or blender tutorial if you like:
Blender SteVe
BlenderForNoobs
GIMPtricks
PhotoAdvanced and PhotoAdvanced2 (I think 2 is more inkscape which is vector art, meaning it can be scaled/resized without losing quality)
VscorpianC
And of course Photoshop is fine too (I think Maya is a popular non-free 3d program), but I don't have the money to spend on those :lol:
If only could someone make Factorio stuff tutorial for gimp :roll: :)

Fr33Fun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fr33Fun »

Well ok thanks i have heared of blender in that forum too downloaded it but yeah...i first wanted to get a code wokring and then spend hours and days and years on trying to make a design xD Thanks i think i will be quit now and try to work with blender :)

Return to “Modding help”