[Done] Filter Question

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Done] Filter Question

Post by TheSAguy »

Hi,

When I click on a provider chest's filter options, certain items are not showing up to select.
In my mods I can't find Fertilizer or Alien Artifacts. (Search also does not show them)

Why is that? What do I need to change on the items to make them show up?

Thx
Last edited by TheSAguy on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Filter Question

Post by Bilka »

The crafting gui displays recipes. The filter gui filters for items. So, it doesn't show the alien artifact because there is no such item or the item is hidden.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Bilka wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:15 pm
The crafting gui displays recipes. The filter gui filters for items. So, it doesn't show the alien artifact because there is no such item or the item is hidden.
I have a recipe to craft Alien artifacts from Small Artifacts. Also, what About the Fertilize, I can craft those?

Thanks.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Uh, did you understand what I said? Crafting gui shows recipes. Filter gui for items shows items. For both of them, if the item/recipe has the "hidden" flag/property, it will be hidden. Items and recipes are different things, in case that is not obvious.

Maybe a vanilla example helps? Kovarex enrichment is shown in the crafting gui but not filter gui because it's a recipe, not an item. Uranium-235 is shown in the filter gui because it is an item, but there is no recipe of that name so it is not shown in the crafting gui. Rocket parts are not shown anywhere because both the recipe and the item are set to be hidden.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Return to “Modding help”