Enable to load mods for some reason

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Enable to load mods for some reason

Post by midnight109 »

I am working on a mod, at the moment going to see what all I can do with it, but following the wiki I made the basics, and copied over a tech from the base to see how it works, and to more or less have one tech i know the code worked, in the Mods on the Main Menu, it shows my Mod, says Enabled, but in the game, nothing is diffrent, in the research area my new tech isnt shown.
I downloaded a mod for version 0.5+ and added it to compare, same thing it says its Enabled, but in the game it dosent show the new items or tech.
In the game I am starting anew game not in sandbox or freeplay custom game, just a new game set map options ect, then check the windows in the crafting and the tech panel looking for the changes.
Is thier something I need to do in the game to enable a mod for the map type or to activate a enabled mod or in the code to make it load into the game?

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Enable to load mods for some reason

Post by midnight109 »

Ok that problem fixed, I reinstalled Factorio and seems to work, now another issue <.< in the crafting area I can see my item >.> with a new Category with a ? for a icon how can i make it add the item to a certain area, like into the power category instead of the ? catigory

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Did you make the data file?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

midnight109 wrote:Ok that problem fixed, I reinstalled Factorio and seems to work, now another issue <.< in the crafting area I can see my item >.> with a new Category with a ? for a icon how can i make it add the item to a certain area, like into the power category instead of the ? catigory
there is a "group"-attribute in the item-prototype, if you did not add it to your item, it is placed into the ?-category. so e.g for the energy-category, you have to add

Code: Select all

group = "energy"

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Awsome ty :) Now I have a new item and in its proper place now I can accualy make a few mods and see what I can blow up...... hopefully not my puter <.< again >.>

Return to “Modding help”