Migrations question

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Migrations question

Post by TheSAguy »

In my current game and Mod, I want to change an entity from type = "container" to type = "logistic-container"
But this is causing the game to crash on load. The entities are already built in the save, the crash does not happen if they have not yet been built.

Is there a way for me to fix this using Migrations or will the change not be save compatible?

Thanks.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Migrations question

Post by johanwanderer »

There are two kinds of migrations, JSON and LUA. The JSON migration allows you to change one type of entity to another. The LUA option gives you full scripting flexibility.

I have only done a bit of migration, so I'm just guessing here, but you might be able to use the LUA migration to find all of the "bad" containers, then destroy and rebuild them with the new container type.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Migrations question

Post by TheSAguy »

johanwanderer wrote:There are two kinds of migrations, JSON and LUA. The JSON migration allows you to change one type of entity to another. The LUA option gives you full scripting flexibility.

I have only done a bit of migration, so I'm just guessing here, but you might be able to use the LUA migration to find all of the "bad" containers, then destroy and rebuild them with the new container type.
Thanks for the replay, sounds a little out of my league. :roll:

Return to “Modding help”