Liquids

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Liquids

Post by Reygan »

How does act with steam engine liquids with custom default_temperature and max_temperature? Does work old steam engine formula [Power=(Temp-15)*6] for it?
And what mean flow_to_energy_ratio parameter?
Daniel V. Lenskiy

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Liquids

Post by rk84 »

Yea that is partly right. default_temperature is minimun value for fluid temperature (or zero energy temperature)
The max energy your custom fluid can provide.

Code: Select all

(max_temperature - default_temperature) * heat_capacity * fluid_usage_per_tick * 60
I should note that custom fluid cannot increase steam engines output much. I guess it is because water is used to precalculate max output for entity description and to set energy buffer size. But if you edit water you can change the max power of steam engines.

flow_to_energy_ratio and pressure_to_speed_ratio are used to calculate speed of the flow.
pressure_to_speed_ratio influeces on difference between fluid columns and flow_to_energy_ratio influences on the amount of fluid that moved on last tick.

high flow_to_energy_ratio will probably result lot of back and forward motion?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Liquids

Post by Reygan »

rk84 wrote:Yea that is partly right. default_temperature is minimun value for fluid temperature (or zero energy temperature)
The max energy your custom fluid can provide.

Code: Select all

(max_temperature - default_temperature) * heat_capacity * fluid_usage_per_tick * 60
I should note that custom fluid cannot increase steam engines output much. I guess it is because water is used to precalculate max output for entity description and to set energy buffer size. But if you edit water you can change the max power of steam engines.

flow_to_energy_ratio and pressure_to_speed_ratio are used to calculate speed of the flow.
pressure_to_speed_ratio influeces on difference between fluid columns and flow_to_energy_ratio influences on the amount of fluid that moved on last tick.

high flow_to_energy_ratio will probably result lot of back and forward motion?
Hmm... Understood. Thank you!
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Return to “Modding help”