Building offshore pump on land in 0.18.10

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Mailbox23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Building offshore pump on land in 0.18.10

Post by Mailbox23 »

This update seems to have broken my mod I use to allow the placement of offshore pumps on land.
This is what I used in the past:

Code: Select all

data.raw["offshore-pump"]["offshore-pump"].collision_mask = { "object-layer" }
I am pretty inexperienced with modding, so I am not really sure why this doesn't work anymore or how to fix it?
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Building offshore pump on land in 0.18.10

Post by posila »

You probably also modify adjacent_tile_collision_test and newly you need to set also adjacent_tile_collision_mask to nil to achieve what you want.

EDIT: You don't need to modify collision_mask at all now, as the pump is being built on land already. You need to change what it checks neighboring tiles for.

Mailbox23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Building offshore pump on land in 0.18.10

Post by Mailbox23 »

posila wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:36 am
You probably also modify adjacent_tile_collision_test and newly you need to set also adjacent_tile_collision_mask to nil to achieve what you want.

EDIT: You don't need to modify collision_mask at all now, as the pump is being built on land already. You need to change what it checks neighboring tiles for.
Thank you for the help, I was able to get the placement working again on land, though I am having a weird issue where the rotation of the pump resets whenever I move the cursor. I suspect this has to do with the green placeable location tiles now covering every ground tile rather than just tiles adjacent to water.

Edit: I was able fix every tile having a green square by setting placeable_position_visualization to nil, however the rotation still resets each time you move the cursor to a new tile when placing the offshore pump.

Return to “Modding help”