need someone for a funny scenario

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

need someone for a funny scenario

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

i wanted to do a little scenario. im no codder at all, so that part is my big bug :(
with my game, under 0.11.18, i have lay tracks on a long trip deep inside bitters territory (eventually even farther)
a train is waiting for a piece of coding... i want it to go on that track , which need to be undestructible.. ...damn bitters :lol:

and maybe later , i was thinking to add a specific event to happen (track broke, of course), the train stop , you received a message, go fix the track, then hurry to come back in train to continue on the trip

yes, you already see a kind of "Jurassic Park", but the main idea, is to massively squish these pesky bitters who dare to stay in front of the loco :twisted: , while laying tons of combat robot and poisons :mrgreen:
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: need someone for a funny scenario

Post by FishSandwich »

Making the track indestructible will be the biggest pain, you can do that yourself by selecting each segment of track and hitting T on the keyboard, and choosing the indestructible check. But with long tracks, that will take a long time.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

FishSandwich wrote:Making the track indestructible will be the biggest pain, you can do that yourself by selecting each segment of track and hitting T on the keyboard, and choosing the indestructible check. But with long tracks, that will take a long time.

ouch :cry: over miles away :? .... any other way? or should i put it on the ice until the game is more advanced?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

No other way I'm aware of. Klonan recently brought up the issue here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 34&p=72057 but it doesn't look like it was fixed/implemented.

Kevin94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kevin94 »

I would suggest starting the Scenario, running a Script making all rails indestructible and than convert the save back to a scenario.
You could run this script also when ever the scenario is started (a scenario also has a control.lua) but i expect such a function to cause a huge lag.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

FishSandwich wrote:Making the track indestructible will be the biggest pain, you can do that yourself by selecting each segment of track and hitting T on the keyboard, and choosing the indestructible check. But with long tracks, that will take a long time.
.. btw, hitting 'T' open the research tree... are you sure about the command? nor shift-t ctrl-t or alt-t work.. as i say before , im no coder, so i have no idea where to look for this :(

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I meant in the map editor.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

oh..well,, nm then, forget my idea :cry:

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

Hi. I saw this so I decided to add some options for manual building in Test mode.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Return to “Modding help”