Sad Face

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
TehRaven
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Sad Face

Post by TehRaven »

So I played the game through (50 hours) and finally built the rocket defense... The graphic for it is a white box that says "Rocket Defense" and when I clicked "start countdown" I get a message that says something like "unknown key entry...". I was hoping for a zerg-esque massive rush on my base but nope nothing. lol. Fun game though. Can't wait for the full version to come out.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Sad Face

Post by FishSandwich »

It's a placeholder. Proper endgame content is coming 0.12

TehRaven
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TehRaven »

Can you tell me what does/will happen after placing the rocket defense and starting the countdown timer?

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

It agros every bitter in some radius, and adds bitters too the waves... i think

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

LordFedora wrote:It agros every bitter in some radius, and adds bitters too the waves... i think
It draws in biters from a bigger radius around the player. If your base is big enough, you won't draw in any. If your base is small enough, you will be attacked from all sides. For most people, you'll notice that you'll just attacked from one direction.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

TehRaven wrote:Can you tell me what does/will happen after placing the rocket defense and starting the countdown timer?
What the other guys said. Then when the timer ends, so does the game.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

The end-game placeholder has caused some frustration, since it often does not have any effect if all areas nearer the base has been cleared.
It can be entertaining if you leave biter's reserves inside the base. - Heavily defended - or not ...

TehRaven wrote:... when I clicked "start countdown" I get a message that says something like "unknown key entry...". ...
This may be a bug.
Are you playing the experimental or the release?
If you are able to reproduce the error from a save file you may be able to help, if this has not yet been reported in the Bug Reports.

The developers are most keen to get all the kinks out of the game on each step towards the first real release of a finished game.
In this round (v.0.11.x the focus is firmly on getting the multiplayer problems solved.
Did you play single player in multiplayer mode?
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

TehRaven
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TehRaven »

No I haven't played multiplayer yet but at any rate I used only SP settings/map generation. I may upload a save to let you know. Before doing this I did expand my base on all sides extending past my pollution radius. Outposts consisting of advanced combat robots, solar power, accumulators and radar. I grew tired of constant attacks and after establishing those I only had a few small attempts to expand into my territory which were contained. From what I have seen they spawners don't just randomly appear on the map like I had assumed they did. Instead, I've noticed that a small group will move into an unoccupied area and establish a new nest. Very cool design might I add. But once I figured that out it was pretty smooth sailing. Though it is resource intensive to expand like that. But worth it.

Return to “Off topic”