Please dont release the dlc during/near exam times

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
crypticcoder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Please dont release the dlc during/near exam times

Post by crypticcoder »

I am incredibly excited for the space age dlc, i played space exploration with my partner so im very excited to see the concept approached with better integration with the engine, please though do not release the update around the exam period though, this late may/early june i have my finals for uni and if the dlc comes out around then i will probably end up doing less revision than i should, i know this is a me problem but itd be great if you could not release it then

thanks!!! :3

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Please dont release the dlc during/near exam times

Post by FuryoftheStars »

:?

Yeah, that's a "you" problem with self control. :lol:
(Just don't buy it until after... you don't need to play it day 1! :D )

That said, they did say last August, I think it was, that it'd be about a year. While I suppose there is always the chance of an earlier release, it's more likely that it won't be released until sometime after that. It's also even less likely to be a 2-3 month earlier release.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:30 pm
:?

Yeah, that's a "you" problem with self control. :lol:
(Just don't buy it until after... you don't need to play it day 1! :D )

That said, they did say last August, I think it was, that it'd be about a year. While I suppose there is always the chance of an earlier release, it's more likely that it won't be released until sometime after that. It's also even less likely to be a 2-3 month earlier release.
But what if in August he gets the runs and can't even sit next to the computer for 5 straight minutes?! It would legit be out of his control. Releasing the game then? You can't do this to him! ;D

Ok maybe bad excuse, you could probably play it on the steamdeck while on the toilet. I bet some people would go to such lengths.

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

I'm sure crypticcoder is not the only one with an upcoming exam period. I've been there, I sympathize.

Surely we'll just get the game when it's ready, I hope for early-mid summer!

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

You'll just have to exhibit self-control, as there's a specific warranty disclaimer about this in the terms of service. :D

https://www.factorio.com/terms-of-service
Especially we are not responsible if you stay awake all night long playing Factorio and can't go to school / work in the morning :)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Kyralessa wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am
You'll just have to exhibit self-control, as there's a specific warranty disclaimer about this in the terms of service. :D

https://www.factorio.com/terms-of-service
Especially we are not responsible if you stay awake all night long playing Factorio and can't go to school / work in the morning :)
My sleep deprived self because of staying up to play Factorio despite having a long commute into work today is finding the timing of this post hilarious. :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Off topic”