[1.1.106] Blueprint with relative grid is about to be placed in absolute grid

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
SWeini
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.106] Blueprint with relative grid is about to be placed in absolute grid

Post by SWeini »

That's the blueprint I want to place, it has relative grid snapping enabled.

Now I want to place it, but it's stuck to absolute grid snapping (with the correct size, but the offset is not how I like it, there is a reason it is set to relative. the offset is also not "aligned" to my last placement in either direction). It worked hundreds of times before and suddenly was wrong.

The blueprint is stored in "My blueprints" and pinned to the hotbar from where I normally access it. I normally place the blueprint in the following way and did so just a few minutes before the buggy behavior:
1) selecting the blueprint from the hotbar
2) go into map mode
3) adjust position carefully using the mouse
4) click mouse and hold
5) press shift (I don't have radars yet, so I have to blueprint in the fog)
(4/5 sometimes swapped)
6) scroll down until I want to stop placing the blueprint
7) release shift and mouse button
8) walk down and let the companion drones build

Maybe I've done these actions in a slightly different order the last time. I also remember doing a single undo action because I placed the blueprint one time too often, but I believe I placed one more column of the blueprint afterwards correctly.

Canceling and selecting the blueprint again from the hotbar did not fix the issue.
Opening and closing the blueprint did not fix the issue.

Now while writing this bug report and trying it out again, the blueprint has fixed itself. I have opened the blueprint and exported as string. And I've opened the blueprint so many times that I can't say to never have "saved" instead of "closed" accidentally.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(11.94 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.106] Blueprint with relative grid is about to be placed in absolute grid

Post by Loewchen »

So you cannot reproduce the issue with the steps provided yourself?

SWeini
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.106] Blueprint with relative grid is about to be placed in absolute grid

Post by SWeini »

No, I did these steps hundreds of times and it only happened once. I still tried to describe my steps to the best of my knowledge. Because I know what I saw, and the blueprint was in the wrong snapping mode when being clicked. Sometimes a dev can see what's going wrong just by looking at the code.

Return to “Pending”