Version 0.12.6

Information about releases and roadmap.
happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.6

Post by happymoep »

roman566 wrote:It's not the balance I am worried about, it's the performance. Attacks from groups of that size visibly slows down my computer when I am close to the fight.
You're gonna hava a bad time in the endgame I can tell XD

I always need to zoom in a little further when encountering too too large groups. I usually play zoomed out pretty far when fighting aliens with my shotgun late-game.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changes
    • Smaller breaks between ambient music tracks, some volume tweaks and moved a few tracks to the interlude category.
    • Ambient settings can be controlled from the config file. By using: sound.ambient_music_pause_mean_seconds (default 60), sound.ambient_music_pause_variance_seconds (default 30) and ambient_music_mode: possible values are main-tracks-only, interleave-main-tracks-with-interludes, randomize-all (default is interleave)
    • Smaller breaks between ambient music tracks, some volume tweaks and moved a few tracks to the interlude category.
    • Ambient settings can be controlled from the config file. By using: sound.ambient_music_pause_mean_seconds (default 30), sound.ambient_music_pause_variance_seconds (default 30) and ambient_music_mode: possible values are main-tracks-only, interleave-main-tracks-with-interludes, randomize-all (default is interleave)
snip.
Is it just me or are the first 4 changes the same? Is the default 30 or 60 seconds?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Ok at least can anyone tell me where i can ask about that module script thing?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

cpy wrote:Where can i learn more about: Added LuaItemPrototype::module_effects read?
What do you want to know? Take the prototype of a module, then run serpent.block on its module_effects key to see what's inside.

E.g. hold a module in the cursor and run

Code: Select all

print(serpent.block(game.player.cursor_stack.prototype.module_effects))
to get a nicely formatted

Code: Select all

{
  consumption = {
    bonus = 0.400000006
  } --[[table: 0x7ffb9476bdc0]],
  pollution = {
    bonus = 0.300000012
  } --[[table: 0x7ffb9476bfd0]],
  productivity = {
    bonus = 0.0399999991
  } --[[table: 0x7ffb9476be80]],
  speed = {
    bonus = -0.150000006
  } --[[table: 0x7ffb9476be20]]
} --[[table: 0x7ffb9476bd60]]
(or game.player.print(...) to get unformatted output in case you're not running the game in a terminal)
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Post by happymoep »

cpy wrote:Ok at least can anyone tell me where i can ask about that module script thing?
In the "Modding Discussion" section there is another section for "Modding help".
That's the place to ask for help regarding the modding interface.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So you can just read effects? I thought it's something more. NVM! :D

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

This being the first changelog for this game I've noticed doing this (and the second one for this game that I've read at all), I like that you link to bug reports of bugs you've fixed. It gives context, while simultaneously giving credit to the user that reported the bug.
Also, yay, new update!
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Twisted_Code wrote:This being the first changelog for this game I've noticed doing this (and the second one for this game that I've read at all), I like that you link to bug reports of bugs you've fixed. It gives context, while simultaneously giving credit to the user that reported the bug.
Also, yay, new update!
you'r one version too late I think :) 0.12.7 is out since wednesday...
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Return to “Releases”