Version 0.11.16

Information about releases and roadmap.
Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.16

Post by Gouada »

Actually, I was wondering... What does multisampling do?
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Better graphic quality. It's a form of anti aliasing, the name behind which are gathered all techniques preventing the "stair effect" you encounter when you have to display diagonal lines on a screen.

Multisampling is a form of oversampling. Over sampling is basically calculating the display in a higher multiple resolution in order to better compute how to display these problematic lines.
For example, to display 1024x768, you compute 2018x1536, which gives you 4 pixels of picture for each screen pixel, and for each of the four subpixels, you compute the average colorof the surrounding ones. That way, it blurrs the parts where there is a drastic change in color.

Multisampling is doing that only on places where it should be useful : the edges. It's a less ressource hungry technique that oversampling (which does it on all the picture), but sensibly more ressource hungry than conventional basic anti aliasing. However, it gives a lot better results visually speaking.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

indjev99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by indjev99 »

Don't get me wrong I am super excited about the part of the game in space. But does that mean that you are ditching the idea of a self replicating factories on the ground and stopping to improve the early, mid and sort of late(before the space things) game for example stuff like extending the early game for longer than 1/160 of the whole game. :?:

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Kovarex, did you just remove your anwser or do I start hallucinating? :P

Edit: or is my browser screwing things up?

Epic game btw! And looking forward to friday facts of tomorow ^^
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

FishSandwich wrote:
British_Petroleum wrote:hey guys this is my first update since 11.8, but my game won't start now it says it requires windows 7 sp1 :( is there anyway around this or do I have to get sp1?
If you don't want to install SP1(don't know why you wouldn't) then you can run the game in compatibility mode, any of the Windows Vista settings work.
Thank you

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ojelle wrote:Kovarex, did you just remove your anwser or do I start hallucinating? :P

Edit: or is my browser screwing things up?

Epic game btw! And looking forward to friday facts of tomorow ^^
I saw it comming. I post the PM I sent to indjev99 here:
Same message 3 times

Sent: 26 minutes ago
To: indjev99
Hi
You posted the same message 3 times. I got reports about that.
It's: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 638#p70638
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 640#p70640
and https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 639#p70639

One time is enough, it's really bad style to post the same stuff several times in the same forum.
The last one is that with Kovarex's answer.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

I'm not awake and my head hurts from this. But I think I got it. Thanks ^^
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

teepowell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by teepowell »

When will there be a version compatible with Yosemite? Can't get current download to work.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

teepowell wrote:When will there be a version compatible with Yosemite? Can't get current download to work.
This version works on yosemite(and has for some months now). Make sure you're downloading the experimental version: http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

y.petremann wrote:
jockeril wrote: You do know that this forum is an RSS feed... Just use an rss plugin for your favorite browser and you will get the news on time.
Yes but these feeds are not really customisable ...
What do you mean "not customisable" ? I get the FFF and releases forum threads on my RSS feed reader plugin for Chrome (from "feader.co") and it works just fine in delivering all new posts and re-posts in these threads. there is no need to customise anything... :geek:
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Return to “Releases”