Version 1.1.83

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.83

Post by FactorioBot »

Notice for macOS users: This release is broken for you, please be patient until we fix the problem.

Features
  • Added controller(gamepad) support. Change input method in Settings->Controls to play using a controller.
Minor Features
  • Added contextual hotkey hints. Enable it in Settings->Interface. Useful when playing using a controller.
  • When connecting wires to entities with multiple sides(combinator, power switch), the hovered side is highlighted.
Changes
  • Improved sounds fading in and out on game resume and pause.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that migrating color type mod settings did not work correctly. (106445)
  • Fixed cancel deconstruction of pipe would not remove colliding pipe to ground ghosts.
  • Fixed a crash related to construction robots delivering items and upgrading entities in the same tick.
  • Fixed LuaSurface::force_generate_chunk_requests() did not respect generate_with_lab_tiles. (106484)
  • Fixed changing recipe from one using custom fluidbox indexes into one not using custom fluidbox indexes could result in incorrect fluidbox layout. (106428)
  • Fixed some sounds (for example sounds from programmable speaker or rocket silo) not fading out on pause.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to change direction of a loader simulation with fluid energy source. (106562)
  • Fixed a loader with energy source would not consume all the energy from internal buffer preventing out of fuel icon from showing up. (106565)
  • Fixed god/editor/spectator/ghost controller movement in latency when game speed is greater than 1.
  • Fixed building underground belt over transport belt with target direction set would create incorrect undo action. (106602)
Modding
  • Added CustomInputPrototype::controller_key_sequence and CustomInputPrototype::controller_alternative_key_sequence.
Scripting
  • Added LuaModSettingPrototype::type read.
  • Added on_entity_color_changed.
  • Added on_player_input_method_changed.
  • Added defines.game_controller_interaction.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::game_controller_interaction read/write.
  • Added LuaPlayer::input_method read.
  • Added LuaSurface::find_closest_logistic_network_by_position.
  • Added optional area to LuaSurface::get_connected_tiles.
  • Added cursor_display_location to custom input events and on_gui_click.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.83

Post by brunzenstein »

crashes on the Mac when loading under Ventura as well as under Monterey
- mentioning on the splash crash screen for failing loading mods and being impossible loading sounds.
Pls- take this update down asap !
as I had to reload the old version

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

I was just complaining to myself how poorly controller support was implemented in another game the moment I noticed this update. Show how it's done!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:39 pm
crashes on the Mac when loading under Ventura as well as under Monterey
- mentioning on the splash crash screen for failing loading mods and being impossible loading sounds.
Pls- take this update down asap !
as I had to reload the old version
Crashes as in "Factorio has crashed" popup or "Failed to load mods"?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

The macOS release of 1.1.83 is unfortunately missing two critical files and won't run. If you're using macOS, please stay on older versions for now, we will try to release a fix as soon as possible. I have pulled the release from the web and disabled the update package, but I haven't yet discovered a way to disable 1.1.83 for macOS on Steam without pulling it for other platforms too.
ovo

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Factorio says it does not recognize my controller. It is a very common XBox One Wireless controller. Perhaps is intereferes with the Steam Setting "Big Picture -> Settings -> Contoller -> Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers". When that is on, connecting the controller and launching Factorio bring a popup that says that "Factorio Steam Deck bindings" are loaded. I have had that setting on for Steam and no issues with any other games.

Edit: Confirmed. That setting in Steam must be DISABLED for factorio to properly recognize the controller.

ziggurism
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ziggurism »

at the time that a port to Nintendo Switch was announced, it was stated that controller compatibility would to come to all platforms afterwards, and in particular that there was interest in making a release that was optimized for the Steam Deck. Is this that release?

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Yes, this brings controller support to PC versions. It's experimental so there might be problems.
On Steam Deck you need to change the configuration to "Generic Gamepad" or "Gamepad with Mouse Trackpad".

On PC, Steam Input should be disabled for the game by default. If it is enabled for any reason, disable it in Steam by going to Factorio->Properties->Controller

Skobaism
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Skobaism »

Hello there just update my steam windows game client to 1.1.83 and and my ubuntu headless server to the same version but when i try to connect the game says they got different builds, can i fix it somehow? 1.1.83 (buld 64168 for Windows) and 1.1.83 (build 64167 for ubuntu).

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Usul wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 pm
Edit: Confirmed. That setting in Steam must be DISABLED for factorio to properly recognize the controller.
You can disable Steam Input for Factorio only so it's not disabled for all games. It should be disabled by default, perhaps it was enabled on your account manually at some point.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Skobaism wrote: Hello there just update my steam windows game client to 1.1.83 and and my ubuntu headless server to the same version but when i try to connect the game says they got different builds, can i fix it somehow? 1.1.83 (buld 64168 for Windows) and 1.1.83 (build 64167 for ubuntu).
I have the same issue.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Azhrei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Azhrei »

Skobaism wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:26 pm
Hello there just update my steam windows game client to 1.1.83 and and my ubuntu headless server to the same version but when i try to connect the game says they got different builds, can i fix it somehow? 1.1.83 (buld 64168 for Windows) and 1.1.83 (build 64167 for ubuntu).
I'm seeing this also

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Skobaism wrote:
Sorry, we had to restart the release several times because of issues with our localization provider and somehow it uploaded the wrong build for the headless server. We'll push a new release today.
bringing the oops to devops

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Azhrei wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:06 am
I'm seeing this also
NotRexButCaesar wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:23 pm
I have the same issue.
Skobaism wrote:
Oh it was a issue with our CDN caching the previous build. I purged the cache, please download the headless server again. (We'll do a new release regardless because of the mac issues)
bringing the oops to devops

Skobaism
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Skobaism »

vinzenz wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:17 am
Azhrei wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:06 am
I'm seeing this also
NotRexButCaesar wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:23 pm
I have the same issue.
Skobaism wrote:
Oh it was a issue with our CDN caching the previous build. I purged the cache, please download the headless server again. (We'll do a new release regardless because of the mac issues)
It works now, thanks.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Some feedback:
  • You might want to default the layout to eastern if an eastern layout controller is detected. (Possibly add an option to default based on controller.) A lot of games make me unnecessarily fight my muschle memory as I stumble around the settings menu to fix the menu controls.
  • I would really like to have the option to navigate menus using the D-pad.
  • Button hints in menu navigation buttons (Back, Confirm in settings for example) would be great. Unless you are aware you can press X to confirm, getting the focus to the confirm button is a pain. The hint is more useful on the button, not in the tooltip.
  • Character movement cannot be set to the D-pad...
For me, steam input was enabled by default... don't know how.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Wow, looking forward to try the gamepad support soon. Thanks!

ziggurism
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ziggurism »

Twinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:10 pm
Yes, this brings controller support to PC versions. It's experimental so there might be problems.
On Steam Deck you need to change the configuration to "Generic Gamepad" or "Gamepad with Mouse Trackpad".

On PC, Steam Input should be disabled for the game by default. If it is enabled for any reason, disable it in Steam by going to Factorio->Properties->Controller
are there any other SteamDeck specific optimizations that have taken place, or that you think may need to take place? or just generic controller support is enough, to make it work well with SteamDeck?

LCDXX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LCDXX »

So when I go into controller configuration under settings, it seems that Factorio is auto-detecting my Steam Deck as an Xbox.

If I manually switch to Steam Deck icons, the controls reflect buttons mapped to the back buttons, but in actual gameplay the back buttons do not appear to respond when pressed.

Is there something I'm missing? At the OS level I have the game set to "Gamepad with Mouse Trackpad".

Anyone else run into this issue?
Last edited by LCDXX on Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

LCDXX wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:18 pm
So when I go into controller configuration under settings, it seems that Factorio is auto-detecting my Stream Deck as an Xbox.

If I manually switch to Steam Deck icons, the controls reflect buttons mapped to the back buttons, but in actual gameplay the back buttons do not appear to respond when pressed.

Is there something I'm missing? At the OS level I have the game set to "Gamepad with Mouse Trackpad".

Anyone else run into this issue?
See further up this thread - do you have Steam Input enabled?
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Releases”