Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.9.5

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the new stable candidate update is here:
  • Features:
    • Fixed crash when reconnecting nonempty connected ending part of underground belt.
    • Fixed that migration changing logistic chest to other logistic chest with different mode works properly.
    • Fixed that assembling machines with recipe were not working correctly with blueprints.
    • Fixed bug when all entities (including player, biters, etc.) built in the map editor had neutral force.
    • Fix of loading save that have removed/migrated items in circuit/logistic condition.
    • Assembling machine isn't shown as producer in electricity statistics.
    • Fixed crashes in the 32 bit Linux version.
  • Graphics:
    • The fire of refinery emits light.
  • Scripting:
    • Function table.deepcopy from lualib.util copies factorio lua objects as references.
  • Translations:
    • Added hungarian translation.
Downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental as usual, or by automatic updater as long as you have checked to download experimental releases

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.9.5

Post by jeroon »

Thanks for the update :)

My game (0.9.4) crashed out of nowhere, 20 minutes after you made this post.. could this have anything to do with the update being available? I can't remember my game has ever crashed mid-game, without me doing something weird.

win 7 - x64 , I can load 0.9.5 fine, so nothing big :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

jeroon wrote:My game (0.9.4) crashed out of nowhere, 20 minutes after you made this post.. could this have anything to do with the update being available?
I highly doubt it.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

i think its time to finish the german translation. but diablo 3 reaper of souls is also live and fun :)

thx for the update!

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Might just be me, but has the map generation code changed? I'm not getting the same deliciously large mineral fields I had in 0.8 - the map options settings don't seem to be being honoured.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Rue99 wrote:Might just be me, but has the map generation code changed? I'm not getting the same deliciously large mineral fields I had in 0.8 - the map options settings don't seem to be being honoured.
In fact the effect of map generator settings has been slightly strenghtened in 0.9.something. Keep in mind, though, that the map generation is random and that the settings only change the average case. If you explore more, you will most probably find large deposits :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Thanks for the speedy reply. I guess it's hard to be persuasive with anecdotal data ;). However, after running a couple of dozen regens, it still appears to be off to me. A useful feature would be a summary of available minerals on the starting screen, if that makes sense.

In the meantime, I can live with generating using 0.88 and importing that into the latest version, so no harm, no foul.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

If the problem is only with the starting area -- we are planning to balance the ammount of resources there more precisely, but it's currently pretty far from the top of the todo list :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Copperfield
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Copperfield »

Rue99 wrote:Might just be me, but has the map generation code changed? I'm not getting the same deliciously large mineral fields I had in 0.8 - the map options settings don't seem to be being honoured.
i have exactly the same problem..

im missing those uber fields in 0.9 even when changing settings

Greg40
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Greg40 »

All works for me :)
Thank's for the update

Amaror
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amaror »

cube wrote:If the problem is only with the starting area -- we are planning to balance the ammount of resources there more precisely, but it's currently pretty far from the top of the todo list :-)
I have the same problem and not only in the immediate surroundings. Even with extra large settings i sometimes get only patches for that ressource that can barely fit a single drill.
Has been this way since 9.0

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

At the risk of sounding obsessive, I went back and did a couple of dozen regens with very frequent/very big/very rich for version 0.9.0 through 0.9.5. I assert that the resource generation is borked :). Now, I could just man up and deal with the itty-bitty little patches of minerals, but I think it's actually pretty important to at least one section of the playing community - I like the builder aspect and care little about the combat (I have approximately one hojillion games where I can go shooty-bang-bang). Am I alone? Possibly not ;).

Return to “Releases”