Version 0.2.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.2.10

Post by kovarex »

We just released the version 0.2.10
We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences caused by the game breaking bugs of 0.2.9.
It was big mistake to make release at 3 am with too many changes and very little testing.
We are sure we want to switch to less frequent releases and better testing cycle, most probably once per 14 days.
As we can be never sure, we are releasing this experimental version, and it is listed under the 0.2.8 version on our page,
we will make it stable in few days (If none other game breaking bugs appear).

Bugfixes:
  • Repaired the not minable lab/turret bug.
  • Fixed the bug of using all recipes (regardless of category in the automatic crafting of intermediate products).
  • Fixed the bug of the disabled iron/copper smelting recipes in scenario maps loaded from older versions.
  • Fixed the bug of the freezed controls after loading a replay from a game.
  • Fixed the bug of the incorrect usage of science pack in some cases.
  • Fixed the bug of the tooltips not working when entity info window is active
  • Start game script even with missing control.lua
    • Lua-based migrations work for these gaves.
    • It is possible to run console commands in these games.
  • Tool tip in tecnology preview shows total raw in the same system as in player crafting gui (Using just recipes that player can use for the calculations, so not smelting)
Translations:
  • Added Finnish and Spanish translation.
  • Fixed the \n usage (It works in the campaign translation as end-line character again)
Downloadable on http://www.factorio.com as usual.

Edit: The 0.2.10 is the stable branch now.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.2.10

Post by MF- »

Hooray!
Enjoy your well earned rest you'll sure now take :)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

A friend of mine had the problem with iron / copper smelting in an earlier savegame. Now he can download this version and will be happy. :D
I have contributed on indiegogo a hour ago and hope to get the alpha as fast as possible, i can't wait to use the other possibilities available in the unrestricted version. I know this is no finished project, so some bugs are not a big deal. ;)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Dylems
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dylems »

Nice work, you have fixed the bugs fast :D

Lelouch Vi Britannia orders you...

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by orbito »

Trying it out now, thanks!

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

kovarex wrote: We are sure we want to switch to less frequent releases and better testing cycle, most probably once per 14 days.
I think it is a good idea :p You should not rush every week to get something on friday, just take more time and get less stressed about these release :p

We can see the progress anyway !!!
---<@

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Thank you !!!!!!!

mycale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mycale »

kovarex wrote:We are sure we want to switch to less frequent releases and better testing cycle, most probably once per 14 days.
Or maybe release bleeding edge updates as they become available, as was suggested somewhere on the Forum. I thought it was great having an update per week, but it's understandably stressfull to update in such a short intervals.

Would you consider releasing a Roadmap on whats planned until v1.0? Just a rough estimate; notwithstanding the dev direction pools.

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by orbito »

mycale wrote:
kovarex wrote:We are sure we want to switch to less frequent releases and better testing cycle, most probably once per 14 days.
Or maybe release bleeding edge updates as they become available, as was suggested somewhere on the Forum. I thought it was great having an update per week, but it's understandably stressfull to update in such a short intervals.
Yep. As it's been suggested, the use of Bugzilla and mid-build "test releases" would help the developers and the community work on the game. Test releases (or bleeding edge releases) would give testers a chance to report problems while normal players stick with the stable build. It would also help speed up the process.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Or any other bugtracking suite..
I have good experience with Mantis and Trac (and Launchpad). I dislike bugzilla (to the degree that debian bugtracker feels better)

It would surely help keeping track of various states of tickets.
On the other hand, the forum flexibility allows for moving threads around and motivates people to cross-check and help each other.
So.. If a bugtracker, then perhaps one that could "list all unread items" ?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

MF- wrote:Or any other bugtracking suite..
I have good experience with Mantis and Trac (and Launchpad). I dislike bugzilla (to the degree that debian bugtracker feels better)

It would surely help keeping track of various states of tickets.
On the other hand, the forum flexibility allows for moving threads around and motivates people to cross-check and help each other.
So.. If a bugtracker, then perhaps one that could "list all unread items" ?
For internal purposes we are using the Github bugtracker. That one is not public though (because the project is not public). We will consider using an actual bug tracker in the future. However so far has the "adhoc forum bugtracking" worked really well for us.

GragSmash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GragSmash »

Is it intentional that the default install language is Czech? I know it is the language of the developers, but isn't most of the audience english-speaking?

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

Are you sure? I'm certain mine was in English when I installed... which of the downloads did you use?

Dylems
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dylems »

GragSmash wrote:Is it intentional that the default install language is Czech? I know it is the language of the developers, but isn't most of the audience english-speaking?
On my computer the default install language was French, as I'm swiss so it's the right one. But you can change it, so it's not a problem ?

Lelouch Vi Britannia orders you...

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Staxxy »

The game's about robots. Robot's a czech word, so perhaps playing the czech version wouldn't undermine understanding :P

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Instaler checks your computer local settings to see which language you use for Windows. And if the game is translated to that language it automaticly othervise it selects default language which seems to be Czech.

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

Horray!! thank you for fast bug fixing! :D

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Yup, mine was english by default.

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

What happend with 0.2.10 version in download section in factorio pages? it was there in Monday and now it's gone. I understand that 0.2.9 version was withdrawn because it was buggy, but I didn't hear that 0.2.10 is too.

Heinrich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Heinrich »

There is a link called "experimental release", which links to the 0.2.10 download site

Return to “Releases”