Version 0.11.4

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.4

Post by kovarex »

So the batch of fixes is finally here.
Lots of the causes of multiplayer desynchronisations have been detected and fixed, so the multiplayer stability should be much better, but there are certainly other bugs waiting to be found, oh and we still have 113 bugs reports on our forums as well. But the most dangerous problems should be fixed, let's hope we didn't break too many things by doing that.

Notes:
  • There is a crash related bug when you manipulate splitter (it is already fixed for the next 0.11.5 release)
  • The mac release is delayed a bit
  • Features
    • Added preferred screen option in the graphics option. (not in linux)
  • Graphics
    • Upgraded the player running animation.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed 4 different problems in path finding that created desync errors.
    • Fixed desync problems related to the logistic network.
    • Fixed desync problems that would arise when something happens near the edge of the map.
    • Fixed desync problems that would arise when using the teleport method in the level/mod scripts.
    • Fixed desync problems related to working sounds near the edge of the generated map.
    • Fixed desync problems related to viewing edge of the map.
    • Fixed desync problems related to usage of furnace with fluids (can happen only with mods).
    • Fixed desync problems related to removing electric poles connected with circuit network.
    • Fixed desync problems related to having damaged items in the inventory.
    • Fixed that the circuit network wasn't cleared when using LuaInventory::clear on inventory of chest connected to circuit network.
    • Fixed crash when roboport without energy was destroyed and rebuilt by construction robot.
    • Fixed crash when showing the attacked alert details that contained alert of other player being damaged.
    • Multiple players can connect to the MP game at the same time.
    • Fixed problems with locale names containing dash (for example zh-CN).
    • Fixed case sensitivity problem with Chinese font on linux.
    • Fixed freeze when closing Assembler's gui with tool-tip (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6793).
    • Loading MP game in SP tries to retain player's original identity (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=6744).
    • Fixed swapping gun turret ammo types (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6707)
    • Fixed that the information about which mod crated (or modified) the item/entity/recipe/technology was missing.
    • Fixed that the cargo wagon didn't have resistances.
    • Fixed that alert sounds weren't working properly (again).
    • Fixed adding a new train station to a schedule of a train if isn't selected destination like first
      (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=6079).
    • Fixed replays for the singleplayer.
    • Fixed that LuaEntity::getcircuitcondition crashed the game for entities with non-zero condition, but no connection to the circuit network.
    • Fixed the infinite furnace rebuilding bug (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=6873)
    • When there is invalid control sequence in the translation, instead of closing Factorio when it id displayed, the
      text just contains the error message.
    • Fixed that the game removed all the gui created by mod automatically on game load.
      Now it removes just gui of mods that were removed as before.
    • Fixed that rail over gate (or the other way around), wasn't buildable as part of the blueprint, as the first one
      built removed the ghost of the second one.
    • Fixed that the exe file in the zip package was missing the factorio icon.
    • Fixed that the menu in map editor was not responsible after clicking exit and cancel.
    • Fixed that construction robots didn't have the working sounds.
    • Fixed possible crashes and logistic/circuit network inconsistances related to removal of items in inventories
      that have smaller size due to different mod configuration.
    • Fixed that changing terrain from script (used by some mods that work with terrain), wasn't updated on screen until forced by zooming or
      moving the screen away and back.
    • The sandbox scenario now doesn't have the character visible.
  • Balancing
    • Assembling machine 3 has up to 6 ingredient slots, so it can make any recipe in its category.
  • Scripting
    • Fixed that LuaEntity::getitemcount returned 6 times more for ammo turrets.
    • Removed write access to LuaGame::tick.
    • Disabled deactivating of rolling stock.
    • Lua debug library no longer return paths containing instalation directory.
  • Modding
    • Fixed that the data-updates.lua of base mod would overwrite the created effect of mod entities by the
      smoke effect. It now just adds the smoke effect to the specified effect.
  • Changes
    • Rail signal that is not dividing two rail blocks is changing colors the same way, as when it is connected to no rail
      because it does nothing, more at https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 6&start=10.
    • The standardised mod naming convention is now enforced.
    • Changed the preffered-screen-index config option to preferred-screen-index (spelling error fix).
    • Health description will no longer show full health when the entity has minor damage (and health bar is shown).
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.4

Post by FishSandwich »

Nice updates! Desnyc bugs fixed, woo!
Assembling machine 3 has up to 6 ingredient slots, so it can make any recipe in its category.
Now we can mass produce rocket defense. :D

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

[quote][/quote]Awesome fixes! Was having a lot of Desync issues when trying to record MP video series. Hopefully this update fixed them. :D

Super happy about Assembly Machine 3 update too. As Fish said, mass production of Rocket Defense incoming. :D
Image Image Image

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

The new running animation looks better than the old one, not really realistic, but better ;)

But I noticed that since the camera's viewpoint is fixed on some moving part of the (left-right bobbing) animation, when running the whole scene on the screen vibrates and becomes blurry

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

I just had a hard crash (SegFault) when I broke a belt leading into a corner, and replaced it with a splitter. The belt was loaded with coal at the time I broke it. I noticed some graphics artifacts when I was hovering over the belt piece I was about to break - the corner kept flickering straight and to a corner again..

I just tested and reproduced - when I have a splitter in my hand, I cannot break belt pieces and place the splitter.

Yes, more testing - splitters and belt corners do NOT agree with each other. Even having one in hand and waving over a corner is enough to cause a significant game derp. Most belt breaking actions around splitters seem to cause a crash.

Complete bug report here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=7075
Last edited by cpw on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

FishSandwich wrote:
Assembling machine 3 has up to 6 ingredient slots, so it can make any recipe in its category.
Now we can mass produce rocket defense. :D
Oh yes!
I made a very huge facility to mass producing of rocket defenses, when I realize that I can't assembly them in the machine.
Now my facility can be complete! :D

daeos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by daeos »

Thanks for the latest release!

My buddy and I are still seeing a desync with player damage. If either of us get damage from monsters or vehicles (other than a train) the game desyncs.

Simn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Simn »

daeos wrote:Thanks for the latest release!

My buddy and I are still seeing a desync with player damage. If either of us get damage from monsters or vehicles (other than a train) the game desyncs.
Make sure both of you are running either the 32 or 64 bit version.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

cpw wrote:I just had a hard crash (SegFault) when I broke a belt leading into a corner, and replaced it with a splitter. The belt was loaded with coal at the time I broke it. I noticed some graphics artifacts when I was hovering over the belt piece I was about to break - the corner kept flickering straight and to a corner again..

I just tested and reproduced - when I have a splitter in my hand, I cannot break belt pieces and place the splitter.

Yes, more testing - splitters and belt corners do NOT agree with each other. Even having one in hand and waving over a corner is enough to cause a significant game derp. Most belt breaking actions around splitters seem to cause a crash.

Confirmed. Trying to mine belt while holding splitter cause game crash.

Edit. Mining belt connected to splitter also cause crash.

Anexgohan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Anexgohan »

I can also confirm, having splitter selected and removing belts or other spliters causes game crash.
Major annoyance if you are trying to upgrade your base. Please fix.

Simn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Simn »

Anexgohan wrote:I can also confirm, having splitter selected and removing belts or other spliters causes game crash.
Major annoyance if you are trying to upgrade your base. Please fix.
Relax, it's already fixed for next release: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =30&t=7075

ArachnidXIII
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ArachnidXIII »

When will the 11.4 Be released for MacOS ??

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I noticed there's a tests directory again, so I figured I'd run those.

Unit: Success: 87 tests passed. Test time: 0.24 seconds.
Integration: Success: 86 tests passed. Test time: 6.57 seconds.

Win7 SP1 x64
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Awesome work, thanks guys!

hexenhammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hexenhammer »

cpw wrote:I just had a hard crash (SegFault) when I broke a belt leading into a corner, and replaced it with a splitter. The belt was loaded with coal at the time I broke it. I noticed some graphics artifacts when I was hovering over the belt piece I was about to break - the corner kept flickering straight and to a corner again..

I replicated this error as well.
I downloaded the patch, opened my last played game, and moved a splitter over a straight conveyor piece at a corner and it instantly crashed.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

BurnHard wrote:The new running animation looks better than the old one, not really realistic, but better ;)
Agreed. It's getting there.
BurnHard wrote:But I noticed that since the camera's viewpoint is fixed on some moving part of the (left-right bobbing) animation, when running the whole scene on the screen vibrates and becomes blurry
I can confirm this but I can't conclude it's due to the animation because the shudder is still present while driving vehicles. When zoomed out, the landscape looks blurred. When zoomed in, it looks like a sharp, back-and-forth rocking or shudder that somewhat matches the avatar's running, unless of course one is in a vehicle. When in a vehicle and zoomed in, the shudder is still present but harder to see while moving fast.

Normandy7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.4 system crash when updating

Post by Normandy7 »

The program crashes when I auto update saying a path does not exist. Anyone else?

Normandy7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.4 update error "(x86)\factorio\data/scenari

Post by Normandy7 »

I am getting the following error when I try to update at the beginning of the game.

"(x86)\factorio\data/scenario-pack/info.json:No file or directory exists"

Help please.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Deactivate scenario pack module.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

ArachnidXIII wrote:When will the 11.4 Be released for MacOS ??
It should. Also it is possible that we will skip directly to 0.11.5 on mac.

Return to “Releases”