Version 0.11.6

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.6

Post by kovarex »

So the another batch of bugfixes is here.
  • We fixed all the desync error we could detect, so we appreciate reporting the multiplayer/desync errors in 0.11.6 + mainly with saves included.
  • The mac release is back, it is done on our new mac machine, and it has some tiny problems, like not having the correct title of the window.
  • Features
    • It is possible to copy paste the train schedule by applying copy paste on the locomotives.
    • It is possible to copy paste station names.
    • Train looks one more step ahead when avoiding blocked stations with the same name.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed (another) desync problem related to path finding.
    • Fixed desync problem related to the pollution calculations.
    • Fixed desync problem related to entities connected to beacons.
    • Fixed desync problems related to spitters attacks.
    • Fixed desync problem related to previewing blueprint with mining drill.
    • Fixed desync problem related to unit group movement.
    • Fixed crash related to deactivating of chunks because of pollution diffusion.
    • Fixed crash related to removing cables of electric poles that is connected to machine by red/green cable.
    • Fixed crash and desync issues related to assembling machines with more than 1 result item. (only happens in mods)
    • Correct activation of transport belt based entities when their deconstruction is cancelled.
    • Fixed crash on exit when the mods folder was removed before the start of factorio.
    • Fixed that underground belt to be deconstructed was accepting items, from the connected belt.
    • Fixed that lights marked for deconstruction were still providing light even without power and during the day.
    • Fixed problem with rocket defence in multiplayer.
    • Oil refinery and chemical plant disconnected from pipes when the recipe was reset.
    • Fixed running the replay of the single player mode. (Replays of multiplayer mode still need few fixes).
    • No error message about missing red/green wire when copy pasting inserter settings containing connection
      to electric pole that it is already connected to.
    • Copy pasting of inserter/smart chest can be used to reconnect the circuit connection as well.
    • Fixed the sandbox in the multiplayer mode.
    • Fixed the missing exe icon on windows (again, now even in the final deploy script ^^)
    • Fixed the cross device link error when saving game to a symlinked directory.
    • Fixed missing selection box when connecting two different electric poles with red/green wires.
  • Graphics
    • Added ground patch to remnants.
    • Better integration of the explosion particles.
    • New graphics of car. Overall enhancement, added player colour mask, turret and wheel animation.
    • Added small scorchmark as a result of heavy weapons (grenads, rockets, tank cannon).
  • Balancing
    • The range of all spitters have been set to 15, so they don't outrange the gun turrets.
  • Scripting
    • game::canplaceentity is now stricter, it doesn't return true for some cases where it is possible
      to build manually, like building over items, fast replacing entities etc.
    • Event onguiclicked now contains playerindex instead of player object to be compatibile with the other events
      that have playerindex as well.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.6

Post by Nova »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111oneoneeleven
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

JLBShecky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JLBShecky »

Looking forwards to trying this out tonight. The ability to copy and paste settings for railroads is something that I never even thought of but seems so obvious I don't know why I never tried them.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

JLBShecky wrote:Looking forwards to trying this out tonight. The ability to copy and paste settings for railroads is something that I never even thought of but seems so obvious I don't know why I never tried them.
I had to bugfix some rail setups, and I was surprised that so obvious thing is not there, so I had to add it so the rail setup creation (of lot of trains with the same setup) is not pain in the ass :)

DraLUSAD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DraLUSAD »

the Map Editor could use a bit of a fix too as i've gotton a few minor ones

Sometimes tile placing does not update when appled, I.E. Adding water on grass tiles, Ect.
can't place down a solid player entity which forces the game into Godmode, if it was about the Red Flag "Forces" does not work

Redeye123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Redeye123 »

but my friend and i still have the problem when he save is bigger than 10 MB the game downloads the map from the other player when it is at the end it just does not do anythingh 30 sec or so later factorio stopt working

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

If the machine is very slow, it might load so long, that he gets disconnected, but the slpwnd is working on the solution (parallel loading), so the other multiplayer peers will get info that he is loading and the info about the progress, so they will not disconnect him. This will be ready probably for 0.11.7

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.6 Mac crash

Post by infinitehubgear »

On my mac OS Lion, when I start factorio from Applications, it shows a blank window for half a second and then crashes. The loading screen does not show.

Good thing its thursday :) . Let me know if you want more details? I can PM the crash report.

I only have the "base" mod on.

My factorio-current.log:
384735.917916 Info Logger.cpp:148: 2014:12:11 20:20:49; Factorio 0.11.6 (Build 12779, mac)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

New car graphic looks amazing, and it seems to handle better too!

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

on OS 10.10.1 runs

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

They should maybe do the map sync be more like slowly downloading main spawn chunk first and let them join after that, while it is then downloading the maps slowly + save the map in some kind of temp place incase of a DC so they can fast rejoin like with checksum checks. Just an idea to improve multiplayer download speeds :p

DraLUSAD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DraLUSAD »

Also when you have the "Simgleplayer game stops when research is complete" box un-checked, when looking into buildings and trying to edit them, once the research is done, will close said window

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

The stricter canplaceentity() has broken the autoraillayer mod, just a heads up

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Kovarex is every mod now broken again ?
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

I'd love to see things like optimizations when a player joins a game, or not eating so much bandwidth. It's impossible for 3 people to play this over internet with less than 0.6 mbps upload.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yush! New epic car, and desync issues fixed. Woot! :D Oh and spitter range reduced!
Image Image Image

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Not convinced about the spitter range. They were causing a delightful amount of issues :mrgreen:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

kovarex wrote: I had to bugfix some rail setups, and I was surprised that so obvious thing is not there, so I had to add it so the rail setup creation (of lot of trains with the same setup) is not pain in the ass :)
There are also suggestions about copy of wagon setups (stack filter/limitation) and the copy of whole trains (schedule + wagons).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

ssilk wrote:
kovarex wrote: I had to bugfix some rail setups, and I was surprised that so obvious thing is not there, so I had to add it so the rail setup creation (of lot of trains with the same setup) is not pain in the ass :)
There are also suggestions about copy of wagon setups (stack filter/limitation) and the copy of whole trains (schedule + wagons).
hey ssilk, in 11.5 I was able to copy-paste my train wagon's filter setup. it already does this.

Also, I am super happy about the range decrease/balance for Spitters, because I had to rush laser turret tech and production after the spitters evolved to medium/large and began out-ranging my piercing ammo gun turrets, which I had spent A LOT of time setting up with auto-reloading belts and inserters and local ammo production on 4 main walled areas..

CrushedIce
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CrushedIce »

Great Job! This update fixed an endless desync loop in my 12h Dytech Multiplayer game :)

Return to “Releases”