Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.18.4

Post by Klonan »

Astree wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 pm
5thHorseman wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:40 pm
That's a bigger question than I think you expect. Some, most, or all of this will help.
Tks for your kind answer. Just a detail : I've a bit more than 4000 hours of gameplay in factorio, I've sent thousands rockets in the sky, sometimes at 10 RPM, please believe me if I tell you I know how to launch a rocket in the vanilla game ;)
Here, I'm talking about the "wave defense" scenario. In 0.17, you could buy the rocket and launch it after killing enough aliens. This feature seems not to be there anymore with the 0.18
I think if you try the scenario, you'll quickly understand my question ... you'll never have enough ore on the island to build it the way you think :P
I think there should be enough ore on the island to launch the rocket

IF you can provide a seed or savegame where its not possible, I can look into tweaking the resources

Astree
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Astree »

Klonan wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am
I think there should be enough ore on the island to launch the rocket

IF you can provide a seed or savegame where its not possible, I can look into tweaking the resources
Hi Klonan, and tks for your answer. here's a save with my last island. Stopped on win day 20 after clearing all biters on the island. No copper on it (just a very tiny patch on the western beach).

If I understand what you said, it means that with 0.18 we must now in the wave defense scenario build a rocket like we do it in the vanilla game ? What I wonder is "what would be the purpose of building a factory to send a rocket ?", once the island is cleared ? Where is the challenge on a cleared map ? On day 15, I have enough power to win the game, I just need time to finish cleaning the island.
Attachments
Capture d'écran 2020-03-11 18.21.14.png
Capture d'écran 2020-03-11 18.21.14.png (258.2 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
DV win 20.zip
(6.65 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Last edited by Astree on Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Astree wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:17 pm
What I wonder is "what would be the purpose of building a factory to send a rocket ?", once the island is cleared ? Where is the challenge on a cleared map ?
There are 2 win conditions, clear the island or launch a rocket

Since you cleared the island, you have won

Return to “Releases”