Version 0.11.16

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.16

Post by kovarex »

One of the biggest pack of bug fixes, it is quite probable that we made some new bugs by fixing these.

Known issue: It can get into desync loop sometimes, in this case it is best to save the game and start it over.
  • Features
    • Option to specify non-standard ui scale.
  • Bugfixes
    • Various fixes of multiplayer logic.
    • Fixed the error reporting while the game is being updated.
    • Fixed the updater logic for the unicode character paths.
    • Fixed that the game always crashed when ran on unicode path.
    • Fixed a bug in the updater logic that could cause it to crash when the update is finished.
    • Marked Factorio as DPI aware. It should fix different kind of problems with Win 8.1 and it's scaling "features".
    • Pressing some key combinations while entering text in a text field will no longer activate game actions(e.g. pressing Ctrl+C no longer fires the shotgun)
    • Fixed problems with low download speed when connecting to multiplayer game.
    • Fixed that transport belts built by the construction robots were not deactivated properly.
    • Fixed that entities deactivated internally (automatically) didn't show the no-electricity icon. The icon is disabled only for manually deactivated entities from now on.
    • Fixed that removing construction robot on the way didn't re-assigned new robot to the task of deconstruction properly.
    • Fixed shift-clicking equipment out of the equipment grid deleting equipment if there was no room in the players inventory (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8513)
    • Revived character (after dying in multiplayer) are placed on the spawn point instead of the center of the map.
    • Better error message when the (mod) config file can't be saved.
    • Fixed the black stripes in tiles visible on some specific location with specific zoom levels.
    • Fixed that the curved rail didn't show the colliding entities when properly when building. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8521)
    • Fixed that the autosave could randomly make switch the game into the main manu without the chance to continue. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8467)
    • Fixed that the personal laser defense didn't agro biters the same way as shooting in peaceful mode.
    • Fixed that the debug info config was reset when the the game was updated.
    • Fixed that all the personal defense lasers were shooting at the same moment.
    • Fixed the crash when resizing window with bitmap caching on.
    • Fixed that the bitmap caching option was confusing, as the high values were saving video memory usage, for slower performance.
      There is just video memory usage selector, where high values means higher performance.
    • Fixed that the accumulator capacity was shown only for the first network the accumulator was in (when it is in multiple networks).
    • Fixed that removing station from schedule could change the current train destination.
    • Enemy structures can't be mined or opened.
    • Enemy power poles can't be disconnected.
    • Enemy structures can't be fast transfered. (control click)
    • Dead character in the ghost move can't move and explore while waiting for respawn.
    • Map/minimap is separated properly for different forces, and also switched properly when the force is changed.
    • The command history entries are unified.
    • Fixes of the notice of the respawn time.
    • Assembling machine recipe tooltip doesn't use autocrafting logic. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5836)
    • Player recipe tooltip doesn't "eat" materials when the auto crafting calculation results in the ingredient not being craftable.
    • Fixed the selection priority, ghosts have lower selection priority than other objects now.
    • Fixed compatibility problems with older Mac OSX versions.
    • Fixed rail inconsistencies when train crashes to itself.
    • Fixed the crash when the map can't be saved because there is not enough free space, proper message is given instead, and the game continues to run.
    • Fixed desynchronisation issues on 32bit vs 64bit system related to blueprints and movement bonuses.
    • Fixed the transport belt ending drawing logic (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =10#p69109).
    • Fixed crash when inserting items to entity that was closed in the same moment in multiplayer.
    • Fixed that the player income of items inside assembling machine that was reset was not shown. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8646).
    • Fixed that items could get lost from assembling machine when doing copy-paste.
    • Fixed that the crafting queue slots didn't have tooltips.
    • Fixed crash when removing transport belts connected to splitter that was rotated.
    • Fixed improper activation of rotated splitter.
    • Fixed desync when changing to the god controller.
  • Scripting
    • Moved builddistance, dropitemdistance, reachdistance, reachresourcedistance, tickstokeepgun, and tickstokeepaimingdirection to the player character prototype.
    • Added LuaEntity::signalstate read for Rail Signal entities.
    • Added LuaEntity::isitemonbelt read - returns true/false if an item entity is on a transport belt variant entity.
    • Added LuaInventory::hasbar()/getbar()/setbar() - the inventory limit of a container.
    • Fixed that module restriction wasn't working for fast entity transfer.
    • Added read/write access to player force.
    • Changing player force automatically changes character force and changing character force automatically changes player force.
    • Additional research related fixes, to make different research of different forces to work correctly (independenly).
    • create-entity trigger effect now has an array of offsets specified by the "offsets" property. The "offset" property was removed.
    • Fixed several zero-inventory size related crashes with modded entities (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8420)
    • Added LuaRecipe::products/ingredients read - the products/ingredients for a given LuaRecipe.
    • Fixed that the order of ingredients in the recipe was fixed. The order of ingredients depends on the order of definition in the prototype.
      Mods using recipes with more than one fluid input/output might have the inputs in different order than before, which might be problem of compatibility
      on existing maps, but it can be solved by updating the order of the ingredients in those mods (the same way we fixed that in the base)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.16

Post by DRBLN »

woooooha!

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Great work Devs!

Key MP Changes:
kovarex wrote:
  • Features
    • Enemy structures can't be mined or opened.
    • Enemy power poles can't be disconnected.
    • Enemy structures can't be fast transfered. (control click)
    • Dead character in the ghost move can't move and explore while waiting for respawn.
    • Map/minimap is separated properly for different forces, and also switched properly when the force is changed.
  • Scripting
    • Added read/write access to player force.
    • Changing player force automatically changes character force and changing character force automatically changes player force.
    • Additional research related fixes, to make different research of different forces to work correctly (independenly).
Let's hope the MP reviews are all positive!
Last edited by Piranha on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bastrath
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bastrath »

One of the biggest pack of bug fixes, it is quite probable that we made some new bugs by fixing these.
They will be fixed, too. I'm pretty shure about this :-)
Maybe my english isn's good, but compared to our train conductors my english is high level (Sänk ju for träwelink wiss deutsche Bahn!)

pennative
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pennative »

I have been hitting refresh every hour for the past 5 days. Thank you for the great update. Keep up the great work!
Death is only the end if you believe the story is about you...

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beny166 »

it's finally here and even more bugfixes than I expected :shock:

darksparks
Inserter
Inserter

Post by darksparks »

gmae is awesome. great work..

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Very nice. I guess time to play again :)

Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yaua »

Whoaow, big bufixe-update ! Very good work :)

Edit : And we don't say it enough : congrats to the team ! (and thanks !)
Last edited by Yaua on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

This is really great work thank you so much devs

paul42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by paul42 »

is there a different place to download it? I only see the .15 up on the download page?

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Not sure if this is a bug or always been the case I have not played since sept I guess it was.

Not sure who is redefining gravity. But the chest should be 1 tile down not there :)

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

kovarex wrote: Option to specify non-standard ui scale.
Thank you a thousand times Kovarex.
Now finally 4K gameplay videos on YouTube are possible and people still can see the UI properly when watching it "windowed".
Also I can now rescale it for ordinary 1080p videos to my preferences. :)
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Kane wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or always been the case I have not played since sept I guess it was.

Not sure who is redefining gravity. But the chest should be 1 tile down not there :)
What's going on that you think is broken? It looks normal (to me).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Wenihal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wenihal »

There is no link to 0.11.16 on download page.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Rseding91 wrote:
Kane wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or always been the case I have not played since sept I guess it was.

Yeah then you guys need a fresh prospective. The outtake in raised in the air slightly. Yet half way clips the container on both tiles. Meaning that it is actually raised and should be dropping to the bottom tile in physics and gravity. Meaning you guys been playing and assuming this is fine for a very long time wrong :p

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Wenihal wrote:There is no link to 0.11.16 on download page.
Oups, fixed.

pennative
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pennative »

Kane wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:

Yeah then you guys need a fresh prospective. The outtake in raised in the air slightly. Yet half way clips the container on both tiles. Meaning that it is actually raised and should be dropping to the bottom tile in physics and gravity. Meaning you guys been playing and assuming this is fine for a very long time wrong :p
And just how do you know that the coal isn't coming out with an angular momentum? It could very easily be reaching the box if it is being discharged by a spinning mechanism (which is exactly what the drill is)
Death is only the end if you believe the story is about you...

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

There is no linux and mac builds through the auto updater.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

The game works showing things from the side (slightly raised), but the camera looks from above. That's just how the graphics of the game work. It doesn't make sense to discuss this.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Return to “Releases”